Distance and height stuck at 30m

Reaction score
After the new firmware on my p3s the drone is stuck it seems in beginner mode.
Loged in to DJI , rebooted phone and app (3.1.4 dji go) .re installed go app. Nil fix.
Tried updating Dji go to 3.1.10 and app crashes as soon as camera view comes up.cleared cache and data re installed 3.1.4 go app with same results .
Florenz from DJI sent me this solution first part i tried ...nil fix and i dont understand the second part
"Fly your drone in a safe place and while it is hovering kindly reboot the app or you can fly the drone and once it took off you need to restart the aircraft. Once you restarted the aircraft please reboot the app and check again if the flight distance will return to it's maximum distance."
Any help would be apreciated.
Thanks

have a similar problem, restricted distance.Downloaded app again and flew without restriction.
Turned everything off and on again, and had a restricted flight.
But i am still logged into app. seams to be loosing connection with app log in after each flight.

Gotta love their fix "fly your aircraft once it took off you need to restart the aircraft" WTF does that mean ?
To me sounds like in their rush to apply forced restrictions they f@ck up something in this updated firmware .

NOT HAPPY THAT I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR SOMETHING
THAT WAS ADVERTISED TO DO MUCH MORE
sorry for the shouting but frustrated to high heaven.
K gonna do some yoga now

Loged in to DJI , rebooted phone and app (3.1.4 dji go) .re installed go app. Nil fix.
Tried updating Dji go to 3.1.10 and app crashes as soon as camera view comes up.cleared cache and data re installed 3.1.4 go app with same results .
Florenz from DJI sent me this solution first part i tried ...nil fix and i dont understand the second part
"Fly your drone in a safe place and while it is hovering kindly reboot the app or you can fly the drone and once it took off you need to restart the aircraft. Once you restarted the aircraft please reboot the app and check again if the flight distance will return to it's maximum distance."
Thanks

I also am very unhappy with the distance capability with the cost of this drone. I am not in beginner mode but this drone will not come close to what it says it can do in distance without losing signal.

Thanks

Happened to me to. Deleted the app on your device and then download it again.

Yep deleted app and then flew ok. Then when I flew again and hour later it went back to restricted flying at 30 mt.
The only way to fly is to uninstall and reinstall dji go before every flight. This can't be right only started happening yesterday. What has changed!!
Any ideas for a fix!?

Hello...
As I already wrote it ...
After 5 days of research, downgrade, upgrading and more, I think I found the cause and solution of the problem. I think the problem is DJI Go application. After more hours of testing and testing, I came to the conclusion that if you do not cancel the application after each flight, but completely from the recently launched applications you will have a problem with the limitation of flight height and distance. Every time I repeatedly turned on the remote, I started the application but from start, loading the app (of course, I was loged in), so I started the phantom, I flew more than 30m every time. I tried that with 6 batteries in 2 days. Every time I turned on the remote and the application was already running, although I was logged in, I was limited to 30m in height after flight. I suggest that until the correct version of the application is there, you turn it off completely before the next flight. (This was tested on iOS devices, Not shure does it work for android) I hope I helped someone this. greetings from Bosnia and Herzegovina

Reactions: JoBe
Thanks Kibrogg, i think you are right. Is a fault with app.
I hope there will be a fix coming soon
I fly up to 3 times a day for my business and this is a pain to reload the app before each flight.

Thanks

Had a morning of trying to get DJI to sort out this problem.
Everything from reinstall app to try with an Android device was suggested.
Even got a redirection to DJI fly zone email.
End result nothing has worked.
Got work with drone tomorrow so resigned to reinstalling App before every flight.
Which is inconvenient and crap.
Hoping for a fix from DJI.......

Does this problem occur with Litchi as well? I'm assuming you don't have it installed since you didn't mention it, but perhaps someone else may know. I haven't flown my P3s in a while, but I tend to use Litchi (Android) almost exclusively due to the many recent problems with DJI apps. If you are flying up to 3 times per day it might be worth while to download Litchi to see if this problem persists.

Does this problem occur with Litchi as well? I'm assuming you don't have it installed since you didn't mention it, but perhaps someone else may know. I haven't flown my P3s in a while, but I tend to use Litchi (Android) almost exclusively due to the many recent problems with DJI apps. If you are flying up to 3 times per day it might be worth while to download Litchi to see if this problem persists.

I tried it with litchi and it also locked 30m/50m .From what I understand litchi takes the settings from the AC.So I believe its a firmware problem not software .
Its not a android or ipad thing as its hapening on both .
I thought i fixed it yesterday by reinstalling for the 6th time , it worked for 1 flight dji go crashes in flight restarted the app and it no longer worked again for the next flight.
The only way to check if its ok is to look at your map before takeoff and your position should have a large green circle around it corresponding to the max distance setting on the dji app.
Either way its messed up and DJI is in no hurry to fix .

Last edited:
Reactions: Harveyphoto
I tried it with litchi and it also locked 30m/50m .From what I understand litchi takes the settings from the AC.So I believe its a firmware problem not software .
Its not a android or ipad thing as its hapening on both .
I thought i fixed it yesterday by reinstalling for the 6th time , it worked for 1 flight dji go crashes in flight restarted the app and it no longer worked again for the next flight.
The only way to check if its ok is to look at your map before takeoff and your position should have a large green circle around it corresponding to the max distance setting on the dji app.
Either way its messed up and DJI is in no hurry to fix .

RC or AC seem to not see that you are logged in on the second flight.
Dji has been very unhelpful. Have emailed phoned and facebooked and all they can suggest is use a different device or reinstall app.
Very frustrating. they are stalling.

Yep, it happens to also... unfortunately... Dji is making a joke with us!!
In my case, it was worst! I tried to downgrade the fw and my phantom seens to be bricked!!!☹️ I have tried more than 10 times do reinstall the fw and nothing. Rc doesn't link to the ac anymore and always i try to reinstall the firmware it fails... can someone help me?

Attachments

• P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    211.2 KB · Views: 321
I experienced something similar. I deleted the dji app and reinstalled it. Then it worked right away or maybe after 1 failed attempt

It just happens to me on open beach first battery no problem changed to second battery and it was like I was in beginner mode ?

I don't think it's changing the battery that kills it it's the shutting down and restarting.I thought I fixed mine by re-installing the firmware worked for one flight (same battery) then craped out on second try.
Also had a fly away that scared the heck out of me but not sure it's related to firmware or other factor.
All I know is we all paid good money for this drone that was advertised to do much more .
Imagine going out buying a Ford Mustang and a few months later Ford decides to throttle back the speed to max out at 60 mph and even though you filled the gas tank it will only take you a fraction of its advertised distance.Even though you have no intention of taking it to its maximum capability , we are all getting the proverbial shaft .
I hope one of us is a lawyer
Jose Coelho

I don't think it's changing the battery that kills it it's the shutting down and restarting.
This is what I also read in that thread tracking this issue from the start. It has "battery change" in the title. I'm nervous AF to even try mine. I fly over water a lot and always feel nervous about it. Now with something unknown like this crap happeneing now I don't know if I want to even try until its fixed. Does anyone know if the new app released today fixes the bug?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic