Disabled War Vet in CT looking for tips to get started in Aerial Drone Photography

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 4. I am a fixed wing pilot and photography was always a hobby of mine. Looking for someone to give me suggestions to get started: marketing, pricing, etc. I am in Danbury Connecticut.

Good morning. First off THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE! I know words are not enough but they are genuine and from my heart.

Pricing is a tough one because it depends on how much "preparation" you do, how much travel, what your business expenses are, how much POST work you do, and how much you "deserve" to make per hour. Very subjective. It also depends on the amount and the QUALITY of your competition. I want to caution you about "going cheap". It's easy to be the low price guy but those people usually only get table scraps when you really want to eat some Prime Rib and Filet Mignon.

One thing I HIGHLY suggest any business startup do is get a solid and thorough business plan together. I can't tell you how MUCH this helped our company even though we didn't do one until we had been in business for over a year. They take a LOT of research and a LOT of work (cuts into sleep time) but from my experience they are worth their weight in gold. We took about 4 months to build and finish our BP and this was while working 2 jobs (both of us) and still having a small social life in there too. Like I said it cut deeply into sleep hours more than a couple of time.

Good luck you deserve it!
Just remember with ALL video work the most important part comes with the editing. You need to use something like Adobe Premier and put in plenty of hard work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav