No map showing on DJI Go and Litchi ? (I'm a newbie)

Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance in advance. I am an actual airplane pilot (not by profession) and a disabled war vet. My hobbies included photography. The VA has suggested my exploring drone piloting/photography as a "new" occupation for me as therapy for my PTSD. And I will admit, when I'm flying and working on planning and photos, I do notice a therapeutic benefit. Anyway...Again, with VA assistant (VA loan) I'm purchasing a new home, sort of out in the boonies as far as cell coverage is concerned (1 bar at best). At home (my PRESENT place has 4 bars and WiFi) I planned a mission for photographing the new property. On Litchi, I saved it. When I got to the property, I could not see ANY map, let alone missions. Same with Go, no map. And with Go and Litchi, both, I could not (in camera view mode) get any of the advanced features like orbit, POINT of interest etc to "activate"/work.

Any suggestions?

Same with Go, no map.
If your mobile device is not connected to the Internet when you're out flying, you'll need to cache the maps in DJI GO before you head out to fly.

I could not (in camera view mode) get any of the advanced features like orbit, POINT of interest etc to "activate"/work.
Were you able to access the IOC menu?

DJI-GO-IOC-Menu-P4.png

Luckily after your first crash, your PTSD will contain the P4 footage as well as the camera :) hehe. I'm just joking... Sounds like the problem is in your tablet. You need to connect it to wifi or hot spot it to your phone to download the map area that you are flying in to actually load the map. If your tablet has data, then Data and GPS both just need to be turned on provided that there is a data signal to load from. I laugh at PTSD these days but it did take 20+ years for mine to disappear :)

First thing first. Try to setup everything at home first without props mounted. It gets difficult at site as its not that comfortable to work at site.

Enable wifi on your tablet and check if you get maps.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

What kind of device are you using to fly your Phantom?

Reactions: Skyler King III
First thing first. Try to setup everything at home first without props mounted. It gets difficult at site as its not that comfortable to work at site.

Enable wifi on your tablet and check if you get maps.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Yes I get the maps at home where I have WiFi but I don't know how to "cache" them so when I'm out in the East of Eden, so to speak, I can run my missions.

Thanks.

Luckily after your first crash, your PTSD will contain the P4 footage as well as the camera :) hehe. I'm just joking... Sounds like the problem is in your tablet. You need to connect it to wifi or hot spot it to your phone to download the map area that you are flying in to actually load the map. If your tablet has data, then Data and GPS both just need to be turned on provided that there is a data signal to load from. I laugh at PTSD these days but it did take 20+ years for mine to disappear :)

Please tell me more about your "extra equipment" that you mention. So far the only "extra" I have is the "copper" range extenders that slide over the antennae. I am happy with those. And of course I have an extra battery.

When using your iPad Mini 2, you must enable the following setting in DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Cache-Map-In-The-Background.PNG

There is no such setting in DJI GO on Android devices. They cache automatically. Then, open DJI GO, scroll to the area of the map where you'll be flying, zoom into the level you'll be at when flying, and scroll around on the map in all areas where you plan to fly so the map images are downloaded. Here's an example:

When using your iPad Mini 2, you must enable the following setting in DJI GO:

View attachment 61644

There is no such setting in DJI GO on Android devices. They cache automatically. Then, open DJI GO, scroll to the area of the map where you'll be flying, zoom into the level you'll be at when flying, and scroll around on the map in all areas where you plan to fly so the map images are downloaded. Here's an example:

So, get the Phantom 4 turn on and as well as controller (where I have WiFi) and then scroll around and cache map that way? Then when I go out to the no WiFi area, Map will show because it's cached?

So, get the Phantom 4 turn on and as well as controller (where I have WiFi) and then scroll around and cache map that way? Then when I go out to the no WiFi area, Map will show because it's cached?
Yes, scroll to where you will be flying and let it load. The extra's that I have are here -
Amazon.com: Jrelecs Remote Controller Tablet Monitor Mount Bracket Holder Adapter For DJI Inspire 1 Phantom 3-Gold: Toys & Games

Amazon.com: Nikon 7072 Lens Pen Cleaning System: NIKON: Camera & Photo

Amazon.com : SKYREAT DJI Phantom 3 Gimbal Saver -Protector Phantom 3 Ribbon Cable & Motors : Camera & Photo

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011T28GYY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon.com: Carbon Fiber Camera Guard for Phantom 3: Electronics

Amazon.com: Strong Arm Reinforcement: Toys & Games

These are the extras that I use all of the time and have installed along with a couple extra things that I threw in here for you :)

Another thing that I have found helpful is when going into a known area with no signal, if you have data or can hot spot, turn on the tablet, data and GPS at least 10 minutes before going into the dead zone and it will cache the map along with being able to maintain the position thru the GPS on your tablet long after the area has gone dead for signal.

Yes, scroll to where you will be flying and let it load. The extra's that I have are here -
Amazon.com: Jrelecs Remote Controller Tablet Monitor Mount Bracket Holder Adapter For DJI Inspire 1 Phantom 3-Gold: Toys & Games

Amazon.com: Nikon 7072 Lens Pen Cleaning System: NIKON: Camera & Photo

Amazon.com : SKYREAT DJI Phantom 3 Gimbal Saver -Protector Phantom 3 Ribbon Cable & Motors : Camera & Photo

Amazon.com: 2 Pairs Genuine DJI Phantom 3 E305 9450 Props Self-tightening Propellers (Composite Hub, White with Gold Stripes) For Phantom 3 Professional, Advanced, Phantom 2 series, Flame Wheel series platforms and the E310/E305/E300 tuned propulsion systems White with Gold Stripes: Camera & Photo

Amazon.com: Carbon Fiber Camera Guard for Phantom 3: Electronics

Amazon.com: Strong Arm Reinforcement: Toys & Games

These are the extras that I use all of the time and have installed along with a couple extra things that I threw in here for you :)

Another thing that I have found helpful is when going into a known area with no signal, if you have data or can hot spot, turn on the tablet, data and GPS at least 10 minutes before going into the dead zone and it will cache the map along with being able to maintain the position thru the GPS on your tablet long after the area has gone dead for signal.
SO when I scroll to where I'll be flying, does it load into PHANTOM or on my iPad/iPhone? i.e.it is stored where?

on the tablet

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20