They claim their method doesnt work with P3
To understand easier, need to put a clear separation mark between DJI drones ready to fly that need DJI GO (= v 3.x.x) and the others that need DJI GO 4.

All the drones made after Phantom 3/3A/3P belong to another generation and they need also different procedures to do a custom set-up (Inspire 2, Phantom 4 series, Mavic series, Spark).
This is the reason because what can be done to PH4 and the others in the group, cannot be done, in the same way, to PH3, or cannot be done at all.

he sent me the old Litchi version that worked
Which is the version that the man sent you?
And how long ago this happened, just for curiosity?

I had read in a forum (one year ago or more), about someone who had asked him for an old version and he would reply that no more had those older versions (something that seemed to me not believable, of course ...).

Which is the version that the man sent you?
And how long ago this happened, just for curiosity?

I had read in a forum (one year ago or more), about someone who had asked him for an old version and he would reply that no more had those older versions (something that seemed to me not believable, of course ...).
Dec 2015 and it was Android version 2.3.1 and yes it had to be a pre 1.4 fw to work.

Reactions: ClaudioNC
To understand easier, need to put a clear separation mark between DJI drones ready to fly that need DJI GO (= v 3.x.x) and the others that need DJI GO 4.

All the drones made after Phantom 3/3A/3P belong to another generation and they need also different procedures to do a custom set-up (Inspire 2, Phantom 4 series, Mavic series, Spark).
This is the reason because what can be done to PH4 and the others in the group, cannot be done, in the same way, to PH3, or cannot be done at all.
I mention this only because the op had posted here in the P3 forum.

They claim their method doesnt work with P3.

Dont give up hope

2 options
1. Yes there is an older version of Litchi that was a work around for the height limit. But you had to use FW1.3.2 to be compatible. After I purchased Litchi, I emailed him and he sent me the old Litchi version that worked .
2. Use a special FW 1.7.6 (DJI forgot to encrypt this on when they released it and can be modified) **This option is a little better due to added features in the apps since 1.3.2, which is why I moved to 1.7.6

Here's the hardest part for those who updated....Roll back fw safely to either of the mentioned fw.

As of right now, my height limit is 6562 ft or 2000 m. And I have no NFZ.
I have the p4 haven't gone any further with it yet as i've been on the road but will look into it more very soon

Despite current beliefs, you don't need to hack, and can go beyond the 500 agl multiple ways. If you want to risk the roll back, I can give you the right combination of fw, and apps to get it done.

Errrrr.... where exactly am I wrong? Max 400' AGL and not within 400' of a structure. Sure... If you want to be a SA by going up a 5000' mountain and taking off from there and then use cracked firmware to bypass the max altitude. go ahead. It won't do it out of the box...
He is right when it comes to here in the USA.Possibly different in England, but As tcope stated earlier, here in the states, "This only applies to those flying under Part 107. For those who are flying under hobby flight, there is no 400' limit. It's only a recommendation."

Reactions: VegasFlyer
Returning to a previous FW with 100% safe, would be a dream hack...

Now, go more then 500metrs....meee.....a Mavick is much better to that...
Also impose FCC power than CE, like on Mavick, would be interesting.....

Reactions: Apilot101
Returning to a previous FW with 100% safe, would be a dream hack...

Now, go more then 500metrs....meee.....a Mavick is much better to that...
Also impose FCC power than CE, like on Mavick, would be interesting.....
I have personally went from 1.3 up to 1.10, then rolled back to 1.3.2, then back up to 1.7.6 without any issue. I have not tested 1.11 roll back. I have heard that it can be done but personally have not done it. Currently my P3 is set to 2000 meters.

He is right when it comes to here in the USA.Possibly different in England, but As tcope stated earlier, here in the states, "This only applies to those flying under Part 107. For those who are flying under hobby flight, there is no 400' limit. It's only a recommendation."
Ahhhh, right. So you have less restrictions on unqualified pilots. Bonkers.....

Ahhhh, right. So you have less restrictions on unqualified pilots. Bonkers.....
How is that unqualified? Because they are used for personal and not commercial? Just because some are not used commercially doesn't mean they are not qualified or has had training.

Reactions: VegasFlyer
I have personally went from 1.3 up to 1.10, then rolled back to 1.3.2, then back up to 1.7.6 without any issue. I have not tested 1.11 roll back. I have heard that it can be done but personally have not done it. Currently my P3 is set to 2000 meters.

Bad*** that hack...
I did return from 1.11 to .1.7.6, but with errors on compass and others components...very risky!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ClaudioNC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl