directional arrow help please

Reaction score
When indoors my directional arrow is about 10 degrees off, bearable. But when i take it outside its 90 degrees off. It responds very quickly when i turn drone.
ive calibrated remote, drone, compass & imu.
i carried it 5 miles and flew, same thing.
it has just started this, arrow has been close to correct most of the time till now.
I took it up 100 ft, same thing, 90 degrees.

help please

Where did you calibrate the compass? Indoors?

Where did you calibrate the compass? Indoors?
no i did an imu indoors 2-3 days ago before i knew better. Today i calibrated remote sticks, drone camera and imu outside 30 ft from house and same from chainlink fence.
i dont know if this is normal, when i finished compass calibration, as i was picking up remote a box on the screen dissappeared, i compass calibrated it again and same dissappearing.
i have not done the todays update.

You really should only do calibrations ( Other than Compass) indoors. As far as the box "dissappearing", that could be coincidental with completion of compass calibration. Also, once you get a good calibration on the compass, it is not necessary to repeat that unless you are flying several hundred miles away from the calibration point. Personally I have not re-calibrated the compass in over 6 months and still spot on as far as I can tell.

i understand and have read before about calibrating too much. Im trying the few things that i have read about to try and fix my red arrow to drone missalignment?
it doesnt seem to bother my rth. its near perfect.

i think i got it, CraigH called me back and between us i went to wifi and put in my home hotspot password and my red arrow straightened up and the trees and houses came back on my map. Something dont seem right tho. Surely i dont have to stay hooked to my home wifi for my arrow to correspond correctly to the drone and to keep trees and houses on my map.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers