DHL delivered my P3P to wrong address

Reaction score
Got back to the house today after expecting my P3P being delivered on the 18th May I found it wasn't here. I looked at the DHL signed for signature and was signed for on the 18th of May by someone I didn't know. DHL now tell me they cocked up and delivered it to the wrong address. I contacted the person who received it and he told me that he had ordered a P3A and was dead on arrival and as luck would have it there was a P3P delivered to him at the same time. He opened my P3P with my name and address on it ( Which is illegal ) and has been using it for a month now and I'm left out of pocket. Tried contacting DJI and getting no response so looking like I will have to speak to the police as he has admitted receiving my P3P and has been using it. He did offer to hand it over to me but I did not pay for a P3P with spare battery to get a used one. I'm done with DJI now it seems once they have your money they don't give a crap about you then.

Im not blaming DJI for the delivery **** up but I'm mad with them as they haven't responded to my emails. There after service is poor. I have been a supporter of DJI products for a long time, I fly mostly with my S900 for ariel shots but the P3P was to be more of a fun thing, Just wished their after sales / customer service was slightly better.

Reactions: dalebb
Im not blaming DJI for the delivery **** up but I'm mad with them as they haven't responded to my emails. There after service is poor. I have been a supporter of DJI products for a long time, I fly mostly with my S900 for ariel shots but the P3P was to be more of a fun thing, Just wished their after sales / customer service was slightly better.

Oh yeah, totally agree with you there. I emailed us.support about an weird data record in one of my flight logs. Got a reply back a week later, answered the guys questions and it's been another week with no response.

Hopefully DHL squares up the delivery issue for you. The other guy is a total delta bravo for keeping your P3P. I could never do something like that, I'd feel like such a scumbag.

Reactions: TulsaReiner
Yeah I spoke with the guy today and he was really sorry about what he did but still doesn't excuse him opening my parcel and using my P3P. It sucks because i'm only on holiday for another 3 weeks before I have to leave and go overseas again and won't get a chance to fly the new unit this trip home and the next chance will be near xmas time. Just can't understand why he would open a parcel not address to him, Thats theft plain and simple. I guess he never thought he would get caught out. I should hire his services since he is a lawyer himself, You would think he would know better. DHL are doing the usual slopping shoulders claiming they can't do anything till they are contacted by DJI which also sucks as you never know when if ever you will get a reply from DJI. Filed a claim with Paypal also which I used to pay for the P3P, Only wish I had used a credit card and I would have had my money back in 24hrs never had to do this with Paypal before and god knows how that will pan out they will more than likely want some kind of response from DJI to which could take forever.

Yeah I spoke with the guy today and he was really sorry about what he did but still doesn't excuse him opening my parcel and using my P3P. It sucks because i'm only on holiday for another 3 weeks before I have to leave and go overseas again and won't get a chance to fly the new unit this trip home and the next chance will be near xmas time. Just can't understand why he would open a parcel not address to him, Thats theft plain and simple. I guess he never thought he would get caught out. I should hire his services since he is a lawyer himself, You would think he would know better.
Dude I wouldn't let that slide. He's only sorry because he got caught. Scumbag.

Yeah I guess it happens where we don't always read the address label, DHL is the main culprit here, Just sucks, Was looking forward to this for months, After the last 6 months working in Afghanistan I come home only to find the Backpack I ordered from DJI the spare battery for the P3P and no P3P to fly.

Reactions: mmee1992 and jlo
Maybe he didn't read the address label. Do we all, always? If he was expecting a P3A replacement then maybe he just thought it was his. Still DHL's fault IMO.

There is no way in hell that the guy opened the new package by mistake. He had to miss that the package was not addressed to him and the fact that he ordered an Advanced model vs a Pro model. I am pretty sure he thought he was getting away with murder.

It makes no sense that DHL is not taking care of this. It was their mistake. I don't see why they have to wait on word from DJI.

Got back to the house today after expecting my P3P being delivered on the 18th May I found it wasn't here. I looked at the DHL signed for signature and was signed for on the 18th of May by someone I didn't know. DHL now tell me they cocked up and delivered it to the wrong address. I contacted the person who received it and he told me that he had ordered a P3A and was dead on arrival and as luck would have it there was a P3P delivered to him at the same time. He opened my P3P with my name and address on it ( Which is illegal ) and has been using it for a month now and I'm left out of pocket. Tried contacting DJI and getting no response so looking like I will have to speak to the police as he has admitted receiving my P3P and has been using it. He did offer to hand it over to me but I did not pay for a P3P with spare battery to get a used one. I'm done with DJI now it seems once they have your money they don't give a crap about you then.

First of all how did you find out it was sent to the wrong address? Second, how did you get the "wrong address" contact information. If DHL leaked out somebodys private information that is super illegal even if its just their house address or phone number. Also what did DHL tell you to go get it back yourself? Lmao. Dude DHL owes you a brand new P3P and for the "wrong address" guy he got super lucky for receiving a P3P and only paying for a P3A. That is DHL's fault. They have to deal with the consequences. Because like you, I would not want somebody using my P3P for a month before I get it. Who knows what they did or didn't do with it.

That is some major suckage right there! I would be super-pissed!! Seems you have recourse with DHL, as it was your name and your address on it. I don't know why they're dragging their feet on it! Times like this I'm glad I have a family lawyer on retainer. Just one letter from him and they would get the message pretty quick! Good luck!

The package was signed for by this person and I have the online document from DHL for proof of delivery. I googled his last name and there was a person with his last name in our street. I took the chance went to his door but he was out. I spoke with a neighbour who told me they would pass on my phone number to him and he called me today to admit he had signed for and opened my parcel on the 18th May. Being away in Afghanistan I thought it might have been our postman that signed for it for me to get it delivered but obviously when I got home the P3P wasn't here. Yeah DHL should be stumping up the money for this but they want a response from DJI. Also this guy that has it is a lawyer.

I could name and shame him and report this to the police, He must have known this was not his. Ok he might not have read the Addressee label if he was expecting a replacement for his broken P3A but surely he would have read the invoice inside and realised that it wasn't addressed to him. Thats theft plain and simple. He told me he is returning his broken P3A today. Why did he keep that for over a month knowing it was broken. Just seems a little odd to me.

I'd ask him what he knows about ethical requirements lawyers are subject to. The right questions would let him know you are serious about him doing the right thing. Something like this would look pretty bad on his record, if you were to pursue him.

The package was signed for by this person and I have the online document from DHL for proof of delivery. I googled his last name and there was a person with his last name in our street. I took the chance went to his door but he was out. I spoke with a neighbour who told me they would pass on my phone number to him and he called me today to admit he had signed for and opened my parcel on the 18th May. Being away in Afghanistan I thought it might have been our postman that signed for it for me to get it delivered but obviously when I got home the P3P wasn't here. Yeah DHL should be stumping up the money for this but they want a response from DJI. Also this guy that has it is a lawyer.

Dude that was none of your business to go private investigation. It really does suck for your misfortune and as you said you will be leaving overseas again before you can fly the unit. I would just press DHL that they owe you a P3P regardless of what happens. Thats terrible business ethics. There only job is to make sure you get your package and on time. They didnt deliver your package plain and simple. Whatever happened to the P3A the "wrong address" was suppose to get? It now sounds like that guy has 2x Phantoms. Wow what a lucky sucker. Like I said, keep pressing DHL. This is their fault. If I was DJI I wouldnt send out another P3P because they messed up. They owe you plain and simple.

Dude that was none of your business to go private investigation...........
I see nothing wrong with it. I would have done the same thing! It was completely "his business"!! That's the whole point! I would track down my belongings and immediately report it to the police.

Reactions: QuikSilver15
Had the belongings been irreplacable than yes I would track it down too. But, were talking about an easily replacable unit that DHL needs to pay for. If you keep bothering and pastering this guy whats most likely going to happen is issue is going to be resolved by you getting that month old/used P3P. Which is unacceptable.

I really dont blame the "wrong address" guy. In fact I would probably do the same thing. If I was expecting a package and a Phantom arrives at my door. I would not neccessarily look at the address label either. I would go right into opening the package. I don't look at the invoice either. I get where you guys are coming from by saying what he did was wrong. But, I have done the same thing. All my packages that came I dont think I ever looked at the shipping label or invoice. Hounding down this guy and DJI are the wrong culprits. DHL is the leader of this mishap. Nobody else.

Had the belongings been irreplacable than yes I would track it down too. But, were talking about an easily replacable unit that DHL needs to pay for. If you keep bothering and pastering this guy whats most likely going to happen is issue is going to be resolved by you getting that month old/used P3P. Which is unacceptable.
I guess we all roll differently. I would be getting the cash to replace what he stole from me. End of story.

Reactions: brankster007

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic