DHL delivered my P3P to wrong address

True, under a time constraint, do why you need to. I have the police's work before, using video to track someone down and get their info. It works. But in reality, who has the shipment or what happened to it is not his responsibility. It's just sucks that he knows. Makes it worse than just a lost package. Haha

This guy is a lawyer and realised he muffed up here by opening a parcel that didnt belong to him which has to be illegal even though he claims he thought it was for him and did not notice who it was addressed to. He knows his reputation is at stake if this isnt resolved to and agreeable outcome, He has offered to give me the P3P but I said no I wont accept something I paid full price for a new unit and I would be getting a used one so I have said if its not resolved by Paypal in the next few days then he has to make things right here. DHL flat out wont deal with me they have said they will only deal with DJI as the contract was between them. I told DHL I would be reporting this to the Police which I have done and I'm in the process of contacting trading standards to report DHL's conduct. DHL are aware now this parcel went to the wrong address they have admitted they screwed up they have spoken with this guy and myself and they dont seem to give a crap and wont do anything until DJI contact them reference the muffed up delivery. It just doesnt make any sense why DHL are not banging on this guys door to retrieve this package now they know where it is. Although I'm mad as all hell I can't in good conscience ruin someones career over DHL's **** up, Whether he ordered a P3A or not whether he read the delivery label or not its still DHL's **** up for delivering this to the wrong address whether this guy is being dishonest or telling the truth I know lawyers tend to tell lies all the time so maybe this guys is just a master at it by now but I will give him the benifit of the doubt for now as it being a genuine mistake if later down the road I find out he has been lying to me he will find out extremely fast how much of an error that was and I'm sure he will be the one calling the fuzz. Its pretty much ruined my trip home this leave but for now all I can do is wait.

This guy is a lawyer and realised he muffed up here by opening a parcel that didnt belong to him which has to be illegal even though he claims he thought it was for him and did not notice who it was addressed to. He knows his reputation is at stake if this isnt resolved to and agreeable outcome, He has offered to give me the P3P but I said no I wont accept something I paid full price for a new unit and I would be getting a used one so I have said if its not resolved by Paypal in the next few days then he has to make things right here. DHL flat out wont deal with me they have said they will only deal with DJI as the contract was between them. I told DHL I would be reporting this to the Police which I have done and I'm in the process of contacting trading standards to report DHL's conduct. DHL are aware now this parcel went to the wrong address they have admitted they screwed up they have spoken with this guy and myself and they dont seem to give a crap and wont do anything until DJI contact them reference the muffed up delivery. It just doesnt make any sense why DHL are not banging on this guys door to retrieve this package now they know where it is. Although I'm mad as all hell I can't in good conscience ruin someones career over DHL's **** up, Whether he ordered a P3A or not whether he read the delivery label or not its still DHL's **** up for delivering this to the wrong address whether this guy is being dishonest or telling the truth I know lawyers tend to tell lies all the time so maybe this guys is just a master at it by now but I will give him the benifit of the doubt for now as it being a genuine mistake if later down the road I find out he has been lying to me he will find out extremely fast how much of an error that was and I'm sure he will be the one calling the fuzz. Its pretty much ruined my trip home this leave but for now all I can do is wait.

I really appreciate what you are going through. The best I can say is it sucks, but threats and anger help nothing.

Are you planning on taking this back to theater? If so order the replacement from a reputable dealer that will ship APO.

If you are planning on leaving it at home until you come back next leave, pocket the money and wait until October to pre-order the P3P+. (If DJI follows their usual schedule.)

Yeah thats why I have kept my cool. I could have easily turned up on his door step and sorted this out the old fashioned way but as I said best to give people the benefit of the doubt. I did try to get this one shipped to APO but they wouldnt do it at the time. Maybe now they would.

Yeah, I'm not buying the neighbor's story either. What are the chances that he is expecting delivery of his P3 at almost the EXACT time yours will be delivered? I don't know about others, but I've been a Phantom owner for two years and up until a few months ago there was not another drone owner in my town, let alone on my street.

My guess is he signed for the package, opened it up and realized that a mistake was made and he had a brand new drone. When you tracked him down, he had to make up a story that minimized his guilt, so he comes up with the "I thought it was my repaired drone" BS story. Things are not always what they seem, but usually, they are.

Yeah the only way to know for sure is if DJI confirms that he ordered a Phantom 3 which im sure they wont tell me.

Report him to your state's Bar Assn! Tell them what happened and your attempts to rectify the situation. The fault does lie with DHL, but this guy has some real ethical problems.

I see nothing wrong with it. I would have done the same thing! It was completely "his business"!! That's the whole point! I would track down my belongings and immediately report it to the police.

Ditto. I would have done the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call the US Postal inspector's office. They're US Department of Justice, not USPS, and their jurisdiction extends to private carriers too, IIRC.

Also, call whoever the assclown was that hijacked your parcel and let him know he can either square up with you or he can be looking at 5 years in a federal "pound you in the azz" prison.

I use American Express for online purchases, and have won every of the dozen or so disputes I've had to raise over the last couple of decades, many similar and even more convoluted and insane than this one. AMEX 'freezes' the charge from being included in your statement until the dispute is resolved. Although it can take 3-6 weeks for that, I'd feel confident enough to order another while in-dispute -- Amex carries a big stick, and I've appreciated that I can just submit a dispute and let them brawl in the mud on my behalf. I hope for your sake that PayPal will do the same for you. Karma will prevail on the lawyer-sleezebag one way or another, and Karma will also reward your remarkable restraint for attempting to handle this in a reasonable and rational way. Kudos for that!!

First of all how did you find out it was sent to the wrong address? Second, how did you get the "wrong address" contact information. If DHL leaked out somebodys private information that is super illegal even if its just their house address or phone number. Also what did DHL tell you to go get it back yourself? Lmao. Dude DHL owes you a brand new P3P and for the "wrong address" guy he got super lucky for receiving a P3P and only paying for a P3A. That is DHL's fault. They have to deal with the consequences. Because like you, I would not want somebody using my P3P for a month before I get it. Who knows what they did or didn't do with it.

It sounds to me like your only solution will be to have an attorney write a (threatening) letter to both DHL and the scumbag attorney who opened and used your P3P. Maybe you will get TWO new P3P's out of this.

It sounds to me like your only solution will be to have an attorney write a (threatening) letter to both DHL and the scumbag attorney who opened and used your P3P. Maybe you will get TWO new P3P's out of this.
I hope you're not serious. It never was the OP's P3. Until he or someone else signed for it, it was still the property of DJI. What don't people understand about the fact that this should be treated just like any other lost package and deal with the shipper, DJI? His responsibility starts and ends with DJI. Sounds like a bunch of cowboys in here that just want to flex their muscles for fun. Or the American way of always use force to settle anything. There, that should get some folks excited. [emoji16]

Reactions: Sammynels
Full refund today from my CC payment. Now I wonder how quick DJI will be getting in touch to discuss the refund as they are now out of pocket. No interest in talking with them now I have my refund they can track down and deal with the guy who took delivery of the P3P and source their money from him or DHL . Should never have ordered from DJI directly spoke with and thanked Heliguy UK for there help and will order from them in the future at least you can speak to a human being and don't have to send countless emails wondering if you will ever get a reply, Just glad its all been sorted out now.

Full refund today from my CC payment. Now I wonder how quick DJI will be getting in touch to discuss the refund as they are now out of pocket. No interest in talking with them now I have my refund they can track down and deal with the guy who took delivery of the P3P and source their money from him or DHL . Should never have ordered from DJI directly spoke with and thanked Heliguy UK for there help and will order from them in the future at least you can speak to a human being and don't have to send countless emails wondering if you will ever get a reply, Just glad its all been sorted out now.

Sorry for all your troubles. Glad you were able to get a refund. Hope you can get your hands on a Quad and enjoy some flying. Best of luck to you!

Sorry for all your troubles. Glad you were able to get a refund. Hope you can get your hands on a Quad and enjoy some flying. Best of luck to you!
Yeah DHL totally screwed me delivering it to the wrong address and then wouldn't do anything about it but glad its been resolved now, Will be sticking with my DJI S900 for now as I'm only home for another 2 weeks then back overseas till xmas so will consider getting a new quad then. Thank goodness for payment protection thats all I can say.

Reactions: ctp
Please do report the attorney to your state's disciplinary commission. As an attorney, I can guarantee this will be a bigger deal to the creep than any threat of legal action.

Reactions: F6Rider and ctp

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20