DHL delivered my P3P to wrong address

DHL again have said they won't do anything for me, The contract they said is between them and DJI and they won't action anything till DJI contacts them.

I guess we all roll differently. I would be getting the cash to replace what he stole from me. End of story.

Like I said getting the P3P back from this guy is most likely going to solve the issue and put this to rest. For me thats just the beginning of being angry. Any little defectiveness or error I see on my "used" P3P will immediately make me blame the "wrong address" guy and not DJI

DHL again have said they won't do anything for me, The contract they said is between them and DJI and they won't action anything till DJI contacts them.
In that case, go get your phantom and fly it until you're redeployed. Better than nothing, and he couldn't have used it that much in the past couple of days to consider it "used". Either that, or pursue it fully and accept the fact that you might not even see one by the time you're back.

If the man signed for it and he is an attorney, please feel free to report him to your state's attorney ethics board. This is the commission of a fraudulent act and he could be censured or even suspended (probably not egregious enough for disbarment). In the long run if he is really sorry, he should just buy you a new one.

DHL have said they won't do anything until DJI contact them. They have said that the contract is between them and DJI. As for receiving the old unit I wouldn't accept that obviously I have paid for a new P3P not a used one.

This happened to me on a shipment, transposed house numbers by a new postal carrier, and my new laptop was signed for by someone a block away. I filed a claim with the shipper, who filed on the post office. I was shipped a new laptop, and the postal inspector served a warrant on the person and found the laptop in his office. In the US this is a federal Offense. As you have never received the product you ordered and paid for your first step is to file a claim for non delivery with DJI as your contract was with them, they in turn must deal with DHL to find or replace the item. You can also file a claim with your credit card company for a charge back to your card as you never received the item, most card company's have fraud protection. Bottom line is it is DJI's responsibility to replace the P3 and deal with DHL, not yours.

Reactions: ViperNuke and Oso
Bottom line is it is DJI's responsibility to replace the P3 and deal with DHL, not yours.

X2... Have you CALLED dji yet? Email will get you no where fast. You paid dji for a phantom. It's their responsibility to get you one. You guys saying is all on dhl obviously have not dealt with many shipping issues. This problem is between dji and dhl.

Well by time they get done screwing you, I would not settle with DHL except for a Inspire1 for your time & aggravation. The attorney is POS. too. Depending where this took place, I would look in to prosecuting him.

I see nothing wrong with it. I would have done the same thing! It was completely "his business"!! That's the whole point! I would track down my belongings and immediately report it to the police.
I agree with you. It is your property, you have all the right in the world to look into it. My wife's Valero gas card got stolen last year, We got a call from the company after $1800.00 was ran up on it over 2 days. We went to the police & reported it but the detective told me it would be a week or so until they could investigate it. That did not sit well with me, I called the stores that the card was used at & explained that it is my money, they took us back into the room with the cameras & let us look at the images of the persons using the card. I did the polices investigation in 30 minutes & had the kid arrested.
If he waits for DHL to take care of it, it could take a year or so.

I was waiting for a package once...maybe my first Phantom...don't remember. I was keeping track online and saw it said delivered. I called FedEx about. Turns out they delivered it across the street and placed on porch. My address is 1306 which indicates it is on the West side of street. Why would they deliver to a house on the east side? I have been driving a service vehicle for 40 years and I knew this in the first month. I would think they would have GPS and a brain. Guess I expect too much. Anyway,they sent the driver back to go across the street and get my package and deliver it to me.

Do not go get the Phantom, file "item not received" claim with your credit card company. If paypal was using CC also file with CC company, if paypal was direct from checking, file with your bank.

Bad thing about it, I bet he also got his P3A delivered the next day. Now he has both! Ooooops DHL

ya if any one was actually expecting a p3 and one shows up at the house most people even if they seen it had a wrong name on it would just assume dji screwed up the name on the label... Tho I would not get to mad at the guy and piss him off being if this is the us if it was delivered to him by law its his regardless of whos name it was under. and there is no law whats so ever that says some one cant open non usps mail . But also on the same token its been the law sence the 70s that if any thing is sent to some one unsolicited its there's to keep with no obligation of even having to send it back or pay for it. which was put in as a law to combat a thing that some company would do by sending some one some thing that they didnt order saying they can try it out for 30 days before being billed for it or if they didnt want it and didn't want to get charged they would have to send it back and pay out of pocket for the return shipping. Then when that law went in to effect it pretty much stopped the practice of sending junk to people and expecting them to pay for it or send it back.. The postal servis even ran public servis adds on tv for about a year to let people know that any thing that was delivered to them that they did not ask for was there's to keep with no obligation.
The ads had an Eskimo family in an iglue and lol they got a fan or maybe it was an air conditioner sent to them that they did not order. and seemed miffed for what to do till the guy from the post offices says its theirs to keep. Then it shows them sitting around freezing in there iglu around the air conditioner.. Older folks might remember the ads tho any one thats younger and not around probably will not remember them public service ads.

Tho if it was an honest mistake Im sure the guy would be happy to give it back. BUT have dhl still buy you a new one being they did not deliver it to you.

This happened to me on a shipment, transposed house numbers by a new postal carrier, and my new laptop was signed for by someone a block away. I filed a claim with the shipper, who filed on the post office. I was shipped a new laptop, and the postal inspector served a warrant on the person and found the laptop in his office. In the US this is a federal Offense. As you have never received the product you ordered and paid for your first step is to file a claim for non delivery with DJI as your contract was with them, they in turn must deal with DHL to find or replace the item. You can also file a claim with your credit card company for a charge back to your card as you never received the item, most card company's have fraud protection. Bottom line is it is DJI's responsibility to replace the P3 and deal with DHL, not yours.

It is ONLY a federal offense with US Mail. UPS, FedEx, DHL and the rest it is not a federal offense to open someone else's package.

ya if any one was actually expecting a p3 and one shows up at the house most people even if they seen it had a wrong name on it would just assume dji screwed up the name on the label... Tho I would not get to mad at the guy and piss him off being if this is the us if it was delivered to him by law its his regardless of whos name it was under. and there is no law whats so ever that says some one cant open non usps mail . But also on the same token its been the law sence the 70s that if any thing is sent to some one unsolicited its there's to keep with no obligation of even having to send it back or pay for it. which was put in as a law to combat a thing that some company would do by sending some one some thing that they didnt order saying they can try it out for 30 days before being billed for it or if they didnt want it and didn't want to get charged they would have to send it back and pay out of pocket for the return shipping. Then when that law went in to effect it pretty much stopped the practice of sending junk to people and expecting them to pay for it or send it back.. The postal servis even ran public servis adds on tv for about a year to let people know that any thing that was delivered to them that they did not ask for was there's to keep with no obligation.
The ads had an Eskimo family in an iglue and lol they got a fan or maybe it was an air conditioner sent to them that they did not order. and seemed miffed for what to do till the guy from the post offices says its theirs to keep. Then it shows them sitting around freezing in there iglu around the air conditioner.. Older folks might remember the ads tho any one thats younger and not around probably will not remember them public service ads.

Tho if it was an honest mistake Im sure the guy would be happy to give it back. BUT have dhl still buy you a new one being they did not deliver it to you.
This guy ordered a P3A, It arrived dead on arrival. DHL cocked up and delivered my P3P to his address after his P3A had arrived. This guy is a lawyer has to obide by a certain level of conduct. What he did wasnt just moraly wrong but I believe in the UK is Illegal. Its theft whatever way you sugar coat it. He emailed DJI to tell them two had turned up at his address on the 18th of May, Told them his P3A was dead on arrival and he would be keeping the P3P and would not be paying a single penny for the extra cost of the upgraded model. Even so why has he kept both and not shipped the broken P3A back to DJI. It has been over a month and DJI never thought to investigate this. I unfortunately at the time was overseas in Afghanistan and didnt know the parcel was missing all I see was that it had been signed for by this person and thought it had been our post man that had signed for it so it would be delivered. I only found out when I got back the other day that the P3P was missing and then tracked this guy down. Long and short he is sitting with 2 drones if he ships his P3A back to DJI he will get the refund for that one and then has my P3P for the great price of **** all. If its not resolved by Paypal then I will have to try other means of getting payment I guess.

I guess we all roll differently. I would be getting the cash to replace what he stole from me. End of story.
Hopefully it doesnt come to that but I sure as shite wont be the one who is left out of pocket at the end of all this.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj