DHL delivered my P3P to wrong address

The thief has not paid for a new Phantom as I see it. He is using what he knew was not his so he needs to pay you for it ASAP or call the police. He was well aware he was stealing by his own admission.

The thief has not paid for a new Phantom as I see it. He is using what he knew was not his so he needs to pay you for it ASAP or call the police. He was well aware he was stealing by his own admission.
DJI has until the 2nd July to reply to my claim with Paypal, If they fail to respond I will automatically win the claim from the other cases I have read and Paypal will refund my payment. If this doesnt happen then unfortunately the police will have to be involved.

It is ONLY a federal offense with US Mail. UPS, FedEx, DHL and the rest it is not a federal offense to open someone else's package.
Good info. I didn't know that. Thanks.

The reason that DJI has to get involved is because they were the shipper. The item is insured through them because they paid for the shipping. You might have bought it, but they shipped it. If an insurance claim needs to be made you will not see any of that money. DJI needs to make this right and then fight to get their money back from DHL.

It's DJI's property until you sign for it. You never got it, so it's not your property. Your case is with DJI as you are their customer. You are not DHL's customer. You need to forget all about where the unit actually went and just focus on the fact that you never received it.

Appreciate the feedback guys, Just hope it gets resolved one way or another.

You've got three basic COA's, some of which can be done in parallel.

1. File complaint NON-Delivered with Paypal, sounds like you did this. Also file with credit card or bank unless it came purely out of Paypal balance.

2. Go down to the local police department and ask to file a complaint. Explain in simple unemotional terms that you ordered a $1300 (felony) item online, it was mistakenly delivered to a neighbor who signed for it (bring the printout of the delivery receipt with signature). You spoke with the neighbor and they told you they received it, opened it, are keeping it, and have stated they will not return it to you. Give the officer a few days to follow up the complaint with the neighbor and decide if they will recommend charges.

3. After you get a complaint number from the police officer (maybe before you leave the station), contact the state bar association, ask for the ethics board, and repeat #2 and add in that the individual is a lawyer licensed to practice law in your state. Give them the complaint number for the police report so they can follow up directly with the police.

*** most importantly *** cease all contact with the neighbor. Do not call them, do not approach them, do not talk to them. If they approach you, walk away. If they persist start the video recorder on your phone and state "I have been advised not to talk with you unless my lawyer is present".

IANAL. I do have several lawyers in the family, but this is no way constitutes legal advice, just friendly advice from an (Internet) neighbor that has been in similar situations. (not to mention 5 years in Iraq and Afghanistan).

You've got three basic COA's, some of which can be done in parallel.

1. File complaint NON-Delivered with Paypal, sounds like you did this. Also file with credit card or bank unless it came purely out of Paypal balance.

2. Go down to the local police department and ask to file a complaint. Explain in simple unemotional terms that you ordered a $1300 (felony) item online, it was mistakenly delivered to a neighbor who signed for it (bring the printout of the delivery receipt with signature). You spoke with the neighbor and they told you they received it, opened it, are keeping it, and have stated they will not return it to you. Give the officer a few days to follow up the complaint with the neighbor and decide if they will recommend charges.

3. After you get a complaint number from the police officer (maybe before you leave the station), contact the state bar association, ask for the ethics board, and repeat #2 and add in that the individual is a lawyer licensed to practice law in your state. Give them the complaint number for the police report so they can follow up directly with the police.

*** most importantly *** cease all contact with the neighbor. Do not call them, do not approach them, do not talk to them. If they approach you, walk away. If they persist start the video recorder on your phone and state "I have been advised not to talk with you unless my lawyer is present".

IANAL. I do have several lawyers in the family, but this is no way constitutes legal advice, just friendly advice from an (Internet) neighbor that has been in similar situations. (not to mention 5 years in Iraq and Afghanistan).
I appreciate it brother, Going to get this started today with the police.. 7 Years Iraq 5 Years Afghan myself...

Reactions: ctp
Recently spoke with Heliguy in the UK which is DJI UK dealer to see if they could help me at all. They contacted DJI China directly and since then my order status on my DJI account has gone from Order Completed to Shipped, So even though I didnt order the P3P from Heliguy UK they have done me a solid here and seems that the wheels of getting a new P3P are now turning. Top marks to Heliguy UK they have just secured a new customer for the future well done Sir's

Reactions: ctp
One question

Did your neighbor received his P3A yet?
It seems to me he never ordered one!! And just steal yours.

He said that his P3A came before mine arrived at his door but his P3A was DOA so he took my P3P as its replacement and emailed DJI to tell them that he would not be paying the difference for his inconvenience.

Yeah this is sounding fishier, he happened to get a DOA advanced, then without sending it back DHL just happened to land on his door with your p3? Nah there are some lies being told somewhere. Way too much of a coincidence!!!
I'd threaten him with court if he doesn't order you a brand new p3p from a dealer that has one in stock and that can get it shipped to to you in 2 days. He can then get the replacement advanced and sell it or face the posibility of losing his career.

Yeah I thought so to but as long as DJI is dealing with it now or in a few days Paypal will action my claim if they dont contest it. One way or another I should either receive a refund or another P3P. Just sucks as I probably wont get another P3P to use until I'm back home now nearer Xmas time. The guy seems genuine enough but I guess anyone would now that they have been caught out and trying to cover their tracks. Not much I can do really its in the hands of Paypal and DJI now. Just dissapointed with DHL. They said they would not deal with me even when they admitted to delivering it to the wrong address I asked why are they not round there now picking up the package they replied we dont know.

I'd go all guns blazing from all 4 aspects, on the neighbour, PayPal, DHL and DJI. Tell the last 3 you will go on every forum, social media outlet, radio station etc unless one of them resolves it immediately. I'd go to the cops or the law bar on the neighbour and use his unethical behaviour against him. To hell with that, you're the one getting screwed so I'd be going after all 4 and wouldn't listen to any excuses but demanding it be sorted right away. If you don't cause a fuss you'll just be thrown to the back of the line.

Why all the advice to deal with anyone except DJI? Think of it like any other package that goes missing. It's not your job to do anything other than tell the shipper. Everything else is their problem. Making way too much work and stress for yourself. Someone ha to be a grown up.

Tell the guy to order you a new P3P or you will report him to the police. Then he can deal with DJI or DHL and return the phantom that doesn't work.

Why all the advice to deal with anyone except DJI? Think of it like any other package that goes missing. It's not your job to do anything other than tell the shipper. Everything else is their problem. Making way too much work and stress for yourself. Someone ha to be a grown up.
That's just the way I'd do it. If I was under a time restraint I'd want it sorted right now so I'd use all avenues especially with the high level of incompetence and the possibility that a crime may have been committed. That's just me I don't just sit back and take things lightly and when I have to react in that manner I find things get done, no stress at all you just have to make sure all parties involved think you are going to tear them a new one, you may not even have to do anything after that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20