Demunseed Disses The P3

Competition is great. I think those are dissatisfied should show it by purchasing a different brand. That is how consumers can make change. So those who want to buy the new UAV please do. It will give everyone a point of reference for their future purchases.

IMHO, even factoring in the service issues, DJI has no competition. I have owned a Q500 4K, a 3DR Solo, and the Phantoms, really not even close.

I dont think so, looks like the Autel staff may have misinformed you. Amazon is shipping and fulfilling all three versions costing 799, 999, and 1299, so its not someone trying to jack up the price. Also they all have different model numbers. It seems that the 799 version and the 999 version have the same transmission methods, but the latter includes a camera while the former only has a gimbal. When you step up to 1299, that's when the range goes up to 1.2 miles. Not enough info on the site to know much more but the premium version does not use Wi-Fi either.
I just know what I was told by autel when I asked about the price on Amazon, and also the price they say in the ces interviews

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Amazon is not exactly shipping them. They are taking pre orders. We will see how much it ends up being. If it's $1300 they will fail. If its $999 and dji doesn't drop the P3P down to the same price I think it will sell well.

IMHO, even factoring in the service issues, DJI has no competition. I have owned a Q500 4K, a 3DR Solo, and the Phantoms, really not even close.
You and I agree. Others don't. I think DJI is in the lead until something else takes it down.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why does the Autel drone look exactly like a phantom?

You and I agree. Others don't. I think DJI is in the lead until something else takes it down.

As of today I agree also. For the price the phantom is miles ahead.

Why does the Autel drone look exactly like a phantom?

Because they ripped off the look? Alot of drones look like the phantom, its a pretty basic look. I actually am not a fan of the look. I think the q500, solo, and prodrone all look better. Its what's inside that counts though.

If you're impatient, shoot to the 6 minute mark.

Hate to say it, but he seems to have some valid points.

Discuss.

I've followed his stuff and hereby declare that he has no idea of what he speaks. For example, he pumped the 3DR Solo (funny NAB video!) and somehow obsessed on the DJI ribbon cable to the cam being the death of the Phantom. Well, lo and behold Solo flops and the cable to the cam is a major source of vibrations.

He can be entertaining but he's part of the problem (false and over-the-top reviews, marketing), not part of the solution.

If any of these new units look good follow the age-old advice - wait at least 6 months after release and read all the reviews (not from him).

I do like him and his entertaining manner - my comment is directed at his accuracy and capabilities. Heck - he has a recent video pumping Plexidrone! Fail.

I got as far as 3 seconds. If this recovering junkie thinks he can engage with an audience by insulting them straight out of the box he can just shove off. What a knob.

I was interested in these a year ago when they were launched
Look a little closer ... the Autel (formerly Maxaero) was launched over a year ago but the company never put them in the shops.
They'll sell you a copy of a basic P2 for the price of an Advanced and their higher up models still have no release date and despite costing much more, have less features than the Advanced and Pro.
Autel is offering a competitor for the P2 at a price more than the P3 (if they actually release them this time)

Incidentally Demunseed seems to think the Autel is twice as fast as the P3 ... despite the Autel website and company spokesman confirming it's the same spee

Last edited:
I've watched a few of his vids and found them ok

I try not to go negative on these things, but here is a guy who obviously has a good basic knowledge but thinks he has all the knowledge. He has become the self-appointed "Drone Guru" of the USA and he has a lot of people believing that he is. What a gasbag, time to put him in the museum.

Reactions: Fir3b1rd
Just a thought- but what's the best way to increase viewership, up your numbers and thereby get a bigger check and more advertisement for your "sponsor?"

Insulting the product with the biggest sales numbers and fan base.

Reactions: BigEasy
Typhoon H's software enforced 400 foot limit would be a problem for filming here in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

As of today I agree also. For the price the phantom is miles ahead.

Because they ripped off the look? Alot of drones look like the phantom, its a pretty basic look. I actually am not a fan of the look. I think the q500, solo, and prodrone all look better. Its what's inside that counts though.

I agree, the q500 and the solo are very sharp looking, I havent seen the prodrone in real life yet. That's what duped me into buying the Solo in the first place.

Fact of the matter is that DJI has been squeezing their small dealers pretty hard. Very small margins and crap support to dealers, too. It's no wonder that several dealers have publicly started to diss DJI in favor of Random Brand No One Heard Of. If they can't make money on DJI, they gotta go somewhere else.

What is particularly amusing in this case is that he's pushing "prodrone" which is barely a functioning product. Untested. It goes by several names and several brand names. And as far as I know, it does NOT have 28 minute flight times - not with a 3 axis gimabal and kitted out like regular quad.

But salesmen will be salesmen.

If you want info, get it from someone who isn't pushing product.

Discuss.
I think for us all to be safe and sure, we should wait about 30 years until this technology is fully developed, THEN go out and buy a sUAV. Oh, you can't wait 30 years? Well then welcome to the same world we all entered back in the early 1980's and the advent of the home desktop computer. We all are paying for sUAV R&D by buying these things, all these companies have to recoup the costs incurred developing these sUAV's and being that not everyone is buying them (believe it or not) the cost per unit is, well, around the cost of a new home desktop system waaaay back in the 1980's, funny how that works right? And how much have we each spent over the past 30+ years on ever changing computer tech / systems? Ya, go follow this guy's lead, do what he says and next year, after CES there will be a new "flavor of the week" you can spend you money on and be told you are a fool to own that which he said you should've bought last year. Follow your heart and oh, don't forget to bring your wallet.

Discuss.
This is why I am so happy that mine is a Phantom 2 Vision Plus Ver. 3. I swear the value of it has kept up because it is bullet proof - 18 months, over 200 flights - no problems, except when they would do a software update, which they do not do anymore. I have a solid shell, solid motor mounts (screws to metal, not plastic) and a solid landing gear. I would not trade it for a P3 of any kind.

Reactions: AL T
Very amusing thread. Max range, extended range, collision avoidance etc. But didn't I notice somewhere in the new FAA proposal that we were going to keep the thing in sight all the time.

I currently own five DJI drones and I even know where four of them are!!!!

Reactions: Fir3b1rd
He is so very angry! I think everyone should do their research before buying anything in this price range. He spent the last 2+ minutes dissing DJI. Why?
I think they have pushed the drone technology forward allowing all the others to enter a market ready to buy. DJI has made big steps in the customer service department. I have never had any issues with my P3 purchased in May of 2015. The one thing I will say is the firmware updates are not good. Don't take this guys word on anything. Find out for yourself what people and most important what you will be happy with.

This is why I am so happy that mine is a Phantom 2 Vision Plus Ver. 3. I swear the value of it has kept up because it is bullet proof - 18 months, over 200 flights - no problems, except when they would do a software update, which they do not do anymore. I have a solid shell, solid motor mounts (screws to metal, not plastic) and a solid landing gear. I would not trade it for a P3 of any kind.
I've heard a few people say that. Must be a good bird. I can say after watching a guy fly the P3 standard today I think bang for the buck that is an awesome UAV.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.