Demunseed Disses The P3

I agree. The autel x-star premium is on the top of my list atm. 999$ and it includes a case and 64gb micro sd.

Reactions: rcfanatics
well that was interesting I am going to get a autel does seem like a quality product

Hate to say it, but he seems to have some valid points.
Demunseed ... valid points? That would be a first (if it was true)
Jim Bowers is a complete tosser and has very little idea of anything.
His "valid points are:
Customer Service ... and he talks about the past.
Everyone knows DJI used to have poor service times.
It was a product of their explosive growth and the difficulty keeping up.
Anyone who's in touch also knows that DJI have made a big effort in this area and their service times have improved greatly.

Quality Control ... and he talks about shell cracking which was an issue with a small fraction of early production P3s.
The issue seems to have gone away now.

Demunseed is the last person to pay attention to for anything.
He's always off recommending some unreleased thing as the new best drone.

thank god he didn't say plexidrone those people will still be waiting this time next year for theres

at the same time, this forum isnt the best place to get any unbiased info about anything other than dji products (actually including dji, only they are biased positively). Dji needs to up their game, or they WILL loose a chunk of their market share. The xstar premium is almost 200 bucks cheaper, and as far as I can tell does everything the P3P can do, maybe more( can the P3P do 720p @ 240fps?). And comes with the sd card and case. Only question I have is range/latency.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnNuff
well that was interesting I am going to get a autel does seem like a quality product
I was interested in these a year ago when they were launched
Look a little closer ... the Autel (formerly Maxaero) was launched over a year ago but the company never put them in the shops.
They'll sell you a copy of a basic P2 for the price of an Advanced and their higher up models still have no release date and despite costing much more, have less features than the Advanced and Pro.
Autel is offering a competitor for the P2 at a price more than the P3 (if they actually release them this time)

Incidentally Demunseed seems to think the Autel is twice as fast as the P3 ... despite the Autel website and company spokesman confirming it's the same speed.
He hasn't a clue.

Reactions: AzDroner
I was interested in these a year ago when they were launched
Look a little closer ... the Autel (formerly Maxaero) was launched over a year ago but the company never put them in the shops.
They'll sell you a copy of a basic P2 for the price of an Advanced and their higher up models still have no release date and despite costing much more, have less features than the Advanced and Pro.
Autel is offering a competitor for the P2 at a price more than the P3 (if they actually release them this time)

Incidentally Demunseed seems to think the Autel is twice as fast as the P3 ... despite the Autel website and company spokesman confirming it's the same speed.
He hasn't a clue.
They are saying they will be released next month (icluding the premium). The speed Im not sure, deemunseed said it was in atti mode that it is 55mph. It has changed in the last year also. controller has many more features for one. little lcd , I think it has the gimble wheel now ect. It was beta, now its being released.

at the same time, this forum isnt the best place to get any unbiased info about anything other than dji products (actually including dji, only they are biased positively).
We might fly DJI but we check everything that's out there and choose what suits us best.
No-one here has any ties to DJI.

As always, wait to see how any new drone actually performs if/when it gets released.
Remember the Tali H-500 and the 3DR Solo or the Plexidrone?
The next new drone is always advertised as the greatest thing to fly ... but results don't always confirm that.

We might fly DJI but we check everything that's out there and choose what suits us best.
No-one here has any ties to DJI.

As always, wait to see how any new drone actually performs if/when it gets released.
Remember the Tali H-500 and the 3DR Solo or the Plexidrone?
The next new drone is always advertised as the greatest thing to fly ... but results don't always confirm that.
We will indeed see. About people here being affiliated, I never said they were. Are you trying to argue that this forum isnt full of phantom fanboys though? (not trying to be offensive with word "fanboy")

They are saying they will be released next month (icluding the premium). The speed Im not sure, deemunseed said it was in atti mode that it is 55mph.
Demunseed wouldn't know if his *** was on fire.
Autel specs: X-Star Premium - Autel Robotics.
  • Max. Horizontal Speed35 mph (16 m/s)
Company spokesman: RC Groups - View Single Post - OFFICIAL Autel Robotics X -Star series of Mutli-Rotor craft.
'Currently our X-Star reaches its top speed of 35 mph with ease.

If they can come up with a competitor to the P3 on price and performance, that will be great for everyone.
But they have told me 4 times last year they were going to be releasing the X-star (and Venture) in the next two months.
I've given up believing them and note that their X-star so far is not a match for the P3 Pro and Advanced in features or price.

We will indeed see. About people here being affiliated, I never said they were. Are you trying to argue that this forum isnt full of phantom fanboys though? (not trying to be offensive with word "fanboy")
I was just saying people here aren't as fanboy as you seem to think.
I'll be interested to see how the Prodrone Premium stacks up .. it might be a very good camera carrier.
DJI is the market leader for the very good reason that their products are incredibly good and very well priced.

Looks like Jim isn't paying much attention to the Phantom series and the prices anymore but that's fine. He loves his inspire and his top 3 are priced accordingly. We love our Phantoms and they perform perfectly for us, then now counting the huge price drops makes them basically unbeatable in quality and price. He sure didn't go into his #1 choice very much but it is over double the cost of my P3A.

Reactions: Meta4
Demunseed ... valid points? That would be a first (if it was true)
Jim Bowers is a complete tosser and has very little idea of anything.
His "valid points are:
Customer Service ... and he talks about the past.
Everyone knows DJI used to have poor service times.
It was a product of their explosive growth and the difficulty keeping up.
Anyone who's in touch also knows that DJI have made a big effort in this area and their service times have improved greatly.

Quality Control ... and he talks about shell cracking which was an issue with a small fraction of early production P3s.
The issue seems to have gone away now.

Demunseed is the last person to pay attention to for anything.
He's always off recommending some unreleased thing as the new best drone.[/Q
Not sure why your posts are always defending DJI. Many many users have had problems with them. Their quality control is crap, their customer service, I've only heard bad things about it. They have bugs after bugs in their firmwares which they choose not fix..... Stop drinking the Dji coolaid and admit the problems Dji has.

and note that their X-star so far is not a match for the P3 Pro and Advanced in features or price.

How (when looking at features and price) is the $999 x-star not a match for the P3P? Based on the specs and features given (that is all anyone can use including you) it does everything the P3P does, but includes a case, a 64 gig micro sd and is almost $200 cheaper.

It looks like the props are perpendicular to each other so provably more prone to vrs, but that isnt a deal breaker for me by any means as its not that hard to avoid.

I could care less if it does 35 mph or 55 mph, just read somewhere that it does 50+ when in atti. You would think they would use that as their max speed on their page if so, we will see.

edit: Reed L. The prodrone is priced at $1400 right? What kind of deal did you get on your P3A?

How (when looking at features and price) is the $999 x-star not a match for the P3P? Based on the specs and features given (that is all anyone can use including you) it does everything the P3P does, but includes a case, a 64 gig micro sd and is almost $200 cheaper.?
Here's the $999 X-star:
Amazon.com : Autel Robotics XSTAR-WIFI-OR X-Star Drone with 4K Camera & Wi-Fi HD Live View (Orange) : Camera & Photo
A couple of relevant points to note are:
Wi-Fi HD Live View (720p streaming up to 0.6 miles away)
Included accessories: 16-GB MicroSD card
It's wifi!!! Its going to have an effective range of about 600 yards. The P3 Advanced (that costs $US799) uses Lightbridge and has a range of several miles.
There's no mention of a case and the card is 16GB

On specs, this is competing with the new DJI P3 4K - not the Pro or Advanced.

Reactions: Hemar174
I tried to watch that guy one time......................... lasted about 2 minutes! Some say 'tosser' but I say 'Poser' lol!!

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk Pro 3

Reactions: Milehighdesign

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues