davinci resolve file import issue

Reaction score
my apology for a noob question.

I've download DaVinci Resolve 12.5 and tried to import some p4p's h.264 .mov files into media pool, and somehow those files were not visible or select-able in folder view. my other h.264 .mts files work flawlessly though.

do I need to covert p4p's .mov file into different format or something?

my apology for a noob question.

I've download DaVinci Resolve 12.5 and tried to import some p4p's h.264 .mov files into media pool, and somehow those files were not visible or select-able in folder view. my other h.264 .mts files work flawlessly though.

do I need to covert p4p's .mov file into different format or something?

I just started using DaVinci 12.5 (and flying a new P3 Std.)...
DaVinci works fine with my .mov, howerver I don't "import" the files. I load the files into a Folder in computer then open them in DaVinci with "Media Storage" window...
This video showing a Basic Edit and it's what I used to help me get started with editing while learning other things from the 1,330+ pages of instructions...lol...
You can skip to 6:35 = where he shows adding files to the media pool for editing...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I use it davinci software and don't import my videos I just drag my mov file towards the edit.

Reactions: KCadby
Recently started using Davinci Resolve 12.5. New Phantom owner.

Files would not import. drag and drop or any other way. No error messages.

Upgraded my video card and everything just worked from then on.

Reactions: KCadby
Although DaVinci Resolve supports a wide range of file formats, 4K MOV footage from DJI Phantom 4 Pro is not on the supported video format list. To edit Phantom 4 Pro 4K in DaVinci Resolve 10/11/12, you need to convert/compress 4K MOV to DaVinci Resolve edit-friendly format such as DNxHD first.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, New to this sort of stuff and not very computer savvy, im having an issue with the videos i have from my P3 std jumping when using Davinci resolve 12.5 program, how or what do i need to do so they play smoothly so i can make a movie?

ok thanks DanStu, I will try this, and I have been trying to find videos on youtube just none answer the questions I have

ok thanks DanStu, I will try this, and I have been trying to find videos on youtube just none answer the questions I have
Try this one. It should help you.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ok, so i have tried to optimise the video file from my drone as per video clip above but the footage is still jumping and slow to play! what else could be the problem? BTW it had taken 2 hours ( x2 as i tried once more ) for the videos to optimise as well which adds to the frustration ......

upload_2017-4-10_19-4-21.png

this is the setup i am running is it good enough?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic