Cyan colored led on P3A remote

Reaction score
New to the forum and to the dji world

So I just bought a used phantom 3 advanced, camera connected but did not fly. So I figured I should get everything up to date on firmware since the owner has not flown it in of 8 months. Well I thought I would start with the remote since the app said to update. Well that was a mistake since now I can't do anything with it. So as of right now it failed with update with the go app for iOS. Right now when I turn the remote on it's a cyan colored led for status and the other led show battery life. Go app sees remote but when I attempt to update again it the led turns blue then do 22 sets of 2 beeps then just turn off. Then I need to hard reset it with the button combo seen online.

Not sure what else to try, I copied the bin for the latest and oldest firmware onto micro USB with adaptor but still nothing. Heard it would not work that way since the only way is with go app.

Remote model gl300c

Attachments

• IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 486
Did you update copter by loading latest file on SD card and running it in the copter?

A bit more information needed. What firmware version is on the AC, and what on the RC? Anything on the AC above 1.8.8 requires RC 1.8. If you are using 1.8.8 AC firmware the RC should be 1.6. As for the cyan status light, which I have to assume is actually red, you need to re-link the RC to the AC. And yes, the RC is updated via the app, not USB. Also when you update the AC via the card and bin file, delete the bin file from the card before re-starting the AC.

I did not update the copter as I'm afraid that will blow up to lol, the remote has a sky blue led for the status led

Just tell us what fw do you have on AC, RC, to understand the start point.
The RC status led is light blue just during the linking procedure with the AC.

RC according to the go app is saying its 1.4.30+, im not sure what the AC is on. how could i find out without being able to connect? should i do the update on it? thanks!

Here is a link of an attempt of updating

Last edited:
Apologies if this is not extremely helpful, but I had a very similar issue on my GL300B. It asked for a firmware update,I started it and the firmware update got stuck (over 2 hours). After using the hard-reset combo the controller would not connect to the aircraft and I got the blue cyan light, just as you did. Basically I tried to downgrade the firmware (see link below; on the newer DJI go Apps just hold on the three lines that are in the top right), which also failed and I had to hard-reset again. At some point the firmware kind of downgraded (when the controller turned on it said it was running the downgraded version, but whilst actually downgrading it said it failed) and I did the update to the newest version again, and finally everything worked again. In a nutshell, it was a lot of trial and error with downgrading/upgrading and trying again and again, uninstalling and re-installing the DJI app and so on. It took me about 5 hours of trying things before it actually updated and worked perfectly again. I am not saying this is a good method at all, but it did work for me.

New to the forum and to the dji world

So I just bought a used phantom 3 advanced, camera connected but did not fly. So I figured I should get everything up to date on firmware since the owner has not flown it in of 8 months. Well I thought I would start with the remote since the app said to update. Well that was a mistake since now I can't do anything with it. So as of right now it failed with update with the go app for iOS. Right now when I turn the remote on it's a cyan colored led for status and the other led show battery life. Go app sees remote but when I attempt to update again it the led turns blue then do 22 sets of 2 beeps then just turn off. Then I need to hard reset it with the button combo seen online.

Not sure what else to try, I copied the bin for the latest and oldest firmware onto micro USB with adaptor but still nothing. Heard it would not work that way since the only way is with go app.

Remote model gl300c
ARRGH! Although people usually come to the forum after the damage is done, I wish we had a big red sticky (even with flashing lights, lol) warning people who just bought a new or use phantom, brought it out after several months, etc. to change nothing until they check out the bird. Turn everything on, check out and write down the current versions of FW and any apps, and fly the bird to confirm that everything is working properly. Then and only then, consider any FW updates that they might want to do. it would be so much easier to walk someone through one working system to an upgraded working system than trying to figure out how to fix a broken system with no info on what they started with!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj