Crashed Phantom 3 Standard

Reaction score
So I am a newbie and I crashed my Phantom 3 standard and the antenna wires ripped out when the gimbal came off when it crashed. I have ordered the parts to repair it and watched a bunch of videos showing me how. My question is how can I verify there was no other damage to my drone? When I connect to the controller it says Remote Controller Signal Weak. The drone powers up and so does the RC, but I am unsure how to trouble shoot the motors or anything else for that matter. Thanks in Advance

My question is how can I verify there was no other damage to my drone?
There is not a good way to do this other than get the repair done and hope for the best. I would say that you could look at the AC .dat files for further information, but unfortunately the P3S does not report motor data. So that would be pointless.

Reactions: JaxPizzaDad
That's what I figured. Seems like the motors engage when I power on the AC and the lights blink properly, but I assume the weak connection is due to antenna wires not being hooked up to the gimbal.

Same thing happened to me. PS3 stuck 40ft up a tree and when freed 90 mins later - it fell down and the gimbal broke off. Ordered new mounting plate and put it back together again - however there was a weak signal. Ordered new antenna/wires and that fixed it. Apparently the wires had stretched/broke within the insulation.

Same thing happened to me. PS3 stuck40ft up a tree and when when freed 90 mins later - it fell down and the gimbal broke off. Ordered new mounting plate and put it back together again - however there was a weak signal.
Ordered new antenna/wires and that fixed it. Apparently the wires had stretched/broke within the insulation.

I ordered the new antenna wires, but haven't installed them yet. Was your light on your RC solid red before replacing the antenna wires?

As far as I can recollect I need a very fine pair of tweezers as the connectors at the end of the antenna wires were approx 1/16th of an inch wide that had to be seated onto the very small studs inside the gimbal plate.

Glad you got your P3S fixed and it's back in the air. Now stay away from trees. Depth perception can fool you at times. Seems they reach out and grab your Phantom. Avoid at all costs :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT