Crash

SIDE NOTE: If you are still having issues with the aircraft files, we can take a look at the device log (from your RC). This may or may not tell us anything other than signal loss, however it is much easier to do. I will emphasize that the aircraft files are really the ones that are needed here, however, if there is anything in the device logs that would look "unusual" it could be a starting point. I have provided a link below for uploading the device logs. Read the page first and the P4P+ detailed instructions are near the bottom of the page. All you will need to to is upload the file to the link below and place a link back here to that. Granted, it may not give enough information, but it is a bit easier to do.

Log Viewer

Ok finally I have the files up on my computer. There are lots. You want the ones the days of the crash or all?

Also what can I download the dat to. I clicked on find apps to send it too not sure which to use

I’m a dumb a$$ I know but does this look right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 165
You want the ones the days of the crash or all?
Just the one of the day of the incident. Each time you power up the aircraft a new file is started. You may or may not be able to know which is which. Go by the file date.

Yeah that’s what I’m doing did you say something about sending it to dropbox or something like that or if not which app should I download to extract the DAT files?

You say I can send these flight records to dropbox?
Yes. Just make sure you make them sharable on your account, then place a link back here to them.

Ok I’ll work on that in a few. Drag and drop to Dropbox? And I may need you to tell me how to place a link back to you. I apologize For my weak computer skills on this stuff. Also should I contact dji about this? I would imagine something like this would be would be warranted be in I’ve only had it a week and have had lots of issues before the crash where I’ve been in contact with DJI

I would imagine something like this would be would be warranted be in I’ve only had it a week and have had lots of issues before the crash where I’ve been in contact with DJI
The issue with that is, they will want to see the aircraft data as well. So either you will need to send them the aircraft or supply the data for them. What other issues are you referring to? Actual problems or other?

First thing the controller was in Chinese. Another issue was the drone acted as if it was in beginner mode. Max altitude 100ft distance away was 150’. Needed an update for that but talked or chated with support 3 times. I told them the version I was running only the last guy finally said well maybe u need to update the aircraft. Then had no picture on my controller. Same thing I talked to support twice. The last guy said finally after 1 hr on the phone I needed to update my controller. Also I have been very surprised and frustrated with the tech support. I asked one guy if the controller could download third party apps or could I buy a regular remote and use my iPad he said no. I asked the next guy and he said yes to both. They don’t seem to k ow the products at all. Maybe familiar with the names only. Dji is suppose to best at the top and you would never know it by talking to their tech support.

First thing the controller was in Chinese.
You mean the display, correct. That's an easy fix that you should not have contacted them about in retrospect.

Another issue was the drone acted as if it was in beginner mode. Max altitude 100ft distance away was 150’.
Another easy fix around here.

I asked one guy if the controller could download third party apps or could I buy a regular remote and use my iPad he said no. I asked the next guy and he said yes to both
Another thing you failed to mention. Is this P4P+ a V1 or V2? They are different in many respects.

When talking to "support" you need to know a lot more information than you provided. I am not begrudging the fact in any way. Merely stating the facts. With a peice of technology as advanced as these aircraft are, you really need to do your homework prior to purchasing. Many have learned that lesson the hard way. Yes, for the most part they are quite easy to fly and enjoy. BUT, when you run in to issues which require a bit more informative and knowledgeable responses than you can provide, support people can be iffy at best. I try and assist people here as much as I can. Sometimes it is a chore, but usually in the end it is gratifying. Sorry for the rambling, and don't take things to heart. DJI support is "hit" or "miss" for the most part, from everything I have read. Sometimes very helpful, others not so much. Fortunately, I have never dealt with them and hope that I do not have the need to do so. As I said though, it does help tremendously if you know what you are talking about in the first place. Again, I apologize for rambling on.

No problem. I understand what you’re saying about me dealing with support not asking the right questions I guess. Wish I would’ve known about this forum. I would’ve rather dealt with you. by the way do you work for DJI or what? And will my controller download third-party apps? Although I did see something yesterday about DJ are releasing a mapping software

by the way do you work for DJI or what?
No. No one on this forum is associated with DJI whatsoever. We are all pilots here that help out with issues, share experiences, analyze data, etc.. and so forth.

And will my controller download third-party apps?
As mentioned above, this may depend on which aircraft you have. V1 or V2. Being that I do not have direct experience with the P4 series ( Other than reviewing flight data ) which is basically the same across the board with all the aircraft, I can't answer your question directly on that. However, If I am not mistaken the V1 + series will support 3rd party apps. Unknown with the V2 . There are quite a few threads on the issue.

Oh just drag and drop to dropbox?
Drag and drop will work for uploading to dropbox. But you have to make sure that you set your sharing for that. When you place the link back here just copy and paste the URL in to the URL box. Use the "insert link" function to do that.

Link 1.PNG

Link 2.PNG

Ok but I’m doing the forum on my phone. Guess I need to open it on my pc correct?

Shock_Shake Head.gif
By all means yes. Very little can you do from your phone in these matters.......

Ok I got them in Dropbox and shareable now what do I put for url in who do you want to share with?

Ok I got them in Dropbox and shareable now what do I put for url in who do you want to share with?
See above post #36......Place the URL in the space shown......and click "insert"....it will insert the link in to your message here...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor