Crash

Reaction score
I Have a phantom 4 pro plus. I was flying yesterday taking pics at 300 feet. While moving to a different location it seem to just lose power and fell out the sky into the the woods hitting a couple of trees. The loss of power is my first question I guess. When it hit it broke the landing gear on one side breaking the compass wire so I lost compass. I just ordered new landing gear. Now the gimbal will not calibrate. It has good picture and will go up and down just acts as if it’s got a tick, slightly shaking side to side if that makes sense. And help with loss of power or gimbal would be
appreciated.
Also I’ve only had it 4 days and have been online chat or on the phone with support the majority of the time with various issues before the crash.

The loss of power is my first question I guess.
Unfortunately this question has never really been answered to the extent of confirmation of these P4 mid-air shutdowns. There have been numerous reports and from the data that I have personally reviewed, there really is no clear cut answer. Many theories abound as to the cause. I have seen a few over current situations with burned/scorched battery contacts, but other than those few which are obvious, the other's are still a bit of a mystery. Most will say that the battery was not inserted and latched properly. This may be true in certain instances but not all. I would ask that you supply the aircraft .dat file for analysis here, but I am afraid it will come to the same "mystery" conclusion. We can do that if you would like, but we may find nothing as to an exact cause. Feel free to ask, if you would like to attempt that and we can provide you instructions on how to proceed.

Unfortunately this question has never really been answered to the extent of confirmation of these P4 mid-air shutdowns. There have been numerous reports and from the data that I have personally reviewed, there really is no clear cut answer. Many theories abound as to the cause. I have seen a few over current situations with burned/scorched battery contacts, but other than those few which are obvious, the other's are still a bit of a mystery. Most will say that the battery was not inserted and latched properly. This may be true in certain instances but not all. I would ask that you supply the aircraft .dat file for analysis here, but I am afraid it will come to the same "mystery" conclusion. We can do that if you would like, but we may find nothing as to an exact cause. Feel free to ask, if you would like to attempt that and we can provide you instructions on how to proceed.
Yes I would like to proceed. Thank you very much.

Yes I would like to proceed.

What you will need to do is extract the aircraft file. Instructions are on the link provided below. When you have the correct flight file. You will need to upload that to a sharable location such as dropbox, google drive...etc...and provide a link back here to that.
( The files cannot be directly uploaded here )

You may find several .dat files, depending on the number of flights and/or power ups you have on the aircraft.
If you need further assistance, in obtaining the correct file, don't hesitate to ask. Instructions are on the link below.

Retrieve Aircraft Dat

I have the pro plus so would I hook the usb to the controller or still connect to the drone. Does it have to have the as that was in it at the time of the crash.

Also I don’t think I have assistant downloaded on my controller. How do I do that?

Also I don’t think I have assistant downloaded on my controller.
You have to use a PC or Mac to get the .dat files from the aircraft.

I have the pro plus so would I hook the usb to the controller or still connect to the drone.
As stated above you would connect the aircraft to the PC or MAC. You cannot get the .dat files via the controller. These files are stored on the aircraft itself.

I have the aircraft connected to the computer and the app up and it’s not recognizing it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 367
I have the aircraft connected to the computer and the app up and it’s not recognizing it.
Do you have the aircraft powered up?

Make sure you have the new version. Then take a look here: ( Tutorial Video )... P4 .Dat Extraction

That takes me to the page saying they are no longer in production and only shows info on the Mavic

That takes me to the page saying they are no longer in production and only shows info on the Mavic

Dismiss the popup box about the Mavic and you will find the software download options.

So download for windows March 15 2019 and do I do zip or exe. I have downloaded that but not sure if I used zip or exe

So download for windows March 15 2019 and do I do zip or exe.
EXE is direct install executable. ZIP is a compressed file of the same, but you will have to extract the file from the ZIP. It will be easier for you with the EXE. Just download it and double click on the exe file and follow the instructions.

I did both. One was like the pic I sent u and the other looks like this which I don’t have anything to click on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 286
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 306
One was like the pic I sent u and the other looks like this which I don’t have anything to click on

First, after install, reboot your PC. Second, after re-boot, connect the aircraft via USB. Third, Power on the aircraft ( You may need to also start the RC ( See the video link above Post #12 ). Fourth, Start Assistant 2. See if that sequence works for you.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor