CRASH!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
So relatively new to drones and crashed it today. Have a P3S. Seems to be working ok, camera is ok, but the frame on the gimbal is completely bent and when I power on, the camera is no longer physically centered, etc. Assume since the gimbal is bent that I will probably need to get a new one, but just wanted to gather any comments/advise 1st.

Thanks!,
Eric

Please post some detailed photos so we can see what you're describing.

sure - here you go.
1 - 1 (2).jpg
1 - 1 (1).jpg
1 - 1.jpg

Your photos show the gimbal yaw arm definitely needs to be replaced. If you want to try to repair it yourself, you can buy a new yaw arm here on Amazon.

Last edited:
repair it! it's 17 bucks...

i've crashed mine three times already. if your gonna own a drone you might as well learn how to repair them...

Thanks everyone for your time and advice. Already took the gimbal apart and ordered the replacement yaw arm.
Eric

Now that you ordered the replacement arm, try bending that one back into position if you have tools to do so ...

Seems to me, that you have nothing to lose, wiring was ok, just a structural matter.

Now that you ordered the replacement arm, try bending that one back into position if you have tools to do so ...

Seems to me, that you have nothing to lose, wiring was ok, just a structural matter.
Was going to suggest the same thing.
I have straightened mine successfully.
A forum user here from FStoplabs (I think his user name here is fstoplabs) told me to heat the metal though, so you'll want to fully disassemble the yaw arm and everything on it.
Betcha can do it![emoji6]

My yaw arm looked pretty close to that and managed to get it fairly straight with out heat and everything to attached but considering its aluminum I feel like I got really lucky or did I a few weeks later ordered a refurbished p3s aircraft only replacement and switched the camera/gimbal with same yaw arm

Wanted to thank everyone again!!! With all the normal things of life, haven't been able to work on the drone, with the exception of disassembling the full gimbal as well as order a new yaw arm. Will be fun putting it all back together - my only true concern is the wiring "tape" - hope there is enough stickiness to put it all back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart