Crash landing after smooth flight to look at a wind turbine

That was an awesome video. Loved all of it. Very entertaining. Glad it was only a couple of props you lost. [emoji106]

@NG Phantom,
Well I'm kind late for the show...

Did you plan on the train coming through?

Footage really good, I like how you kept Wind Turbine in the frame before you got to it.

That landing approach was pretty good! I was thinking about wheels on the bottom, or landing it on slip-n-slide. :rolleyes: It gave me some more scary ideas. o_O
I can't do that around my house, Phantom Magnets are to large. :rolleyes:

@Grandpa Don,
The main reason I bought Litchi was to fly missions around my property, I can't even fly my own property with out loosing signal.

Here is mission flight that I had been working on, well anyway It didn't make it back. Three hours later in the dark, I went looking for it. I was using the Marco Polo.

15 mins from the car, headed in its direction. I saw the flashing lights from the Phantom.

Following the road I only saw the lights maybe three times. I still took another 30 mins to find it, the closer the road got to the area, I couldn't see the lights any more, I thought it must have went dead. I had walked below it about two hundred feet. Couldn't see it and a Marco Polo does not work through a mountain of dirt. But it is does work!

I actually kind of gave up, I headed back down the road (Muddy Skidder Trail). Kept restarting the Marco and started getting signals again.

Followed it up the hill, when a got about 25' away the lights were still flashing on the buzzard.:)

While such a long story, I'm an idiot!

This mission didn't complete, it headed home about 1/2 way, then it falls. The SD card got full, otherwise it still would have been recording.

I'm still using this P3A, but not the same camera. Same ribbon cable. ;)

Ran the same mission again, at a different spot the thing headed home again.....

Since then, more experience and many more missions, maybe it was Smart Return to Home.

One of the motor does have an issue, you can see at idle with a video recording, My gut feeling a bird hit it, but this was also in December?

I had shared all photos on my phone for that night, the mission, screen recording, and the video from the SD card. He grabbed some of my dog which I didn't know I had uploaded.

I get credit for the crash, @GrammatonxXXxCleric gets credit for the video editing.

Rod

Reactions: Florida Phantom

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl