Crash from 80 feet, total destruction

Can someone with a p3 try this now indoors without props. Try all 4 stick combinations that work on the p2

Did it this afternoon after I had a newbie manual land issue, I gave to much side on 2 and 3 and flipped her. came home found this and now I will use option one. All done on the bench, it was good practice for me.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
May i suggest making more subtle movements, it makes for better video. Maybe fly a little further out so you don't have to make such quick corrections. If you are using a p3p with 4k you will be able to crop the video and not lose too much quality. Unfortunately everytime there is a new dji release we hear of these sort of horror stories for a few weeks with the influx of new pilots. I'm in no way passing blame onto you because I do honestly feel your pain but the old ribbing that used to go on in here about RTFM does have a bit of sense behind it. The phantom is marketed as ready to fly out of the box which I think is wrong, the phantom is ready to fly but the flier may not necessarily be. I always tell people to read the manual 3 or 4 times, watch every youtube instructional a few times and ask as many questions in here and ideally new fliers will do this in the 2 weeks before they buy their phantom. There is a lot of very valuable experience to be gained in here and I think it's something that dji should promote in their marketing that new fliers should use this or any of the other great forums because after all there is no seasoned flier who wants to read these horror stories. It gets me everytime I read one.
MAL, I'm not new to this, I have a P2V+3.0 with more than 160 flights on it. But instead of chasing boats and running along side them I have moved to leading them which requires down stick movement. So flying backwards I am always using the down stick positions. So should I hit the inward corners or outward bottom corners without any warning the P3 takes a head plant into the ground or water unless you are way up in the air and say oh ****.

Sorry to hear of the loss.
If you did inadvertently initiate CSC there is no delay of shutdown.
Warning on page 46 of the User Manual - "Do not perform a CSC when the aircraft is in midair, otherwise the motors will suddenly stop."

Probably not the best design.

Hope you get your new bird up an flying quickly.

just bringing it back a step or 2 something I said that dji should make it more obvious with all the csc inputs. The info is there but not as clearly stated as I would like and with the amount of hours flying you have under your belt you should know if they stated it better but unfortunately the info is there. I knew about this nearly 2 years ago and that was even before I took delivery of my first phantom.

I'm assuming you're in the boat. Challenging for sure. Does the P3 have course lock? That would allow you to fly backwards (or sideways) while pushing the stick forward.
The lake is like a NASCAR course, left turn, left turn. my mistake was trying to come down at the same time we was rounding the corner of the lake while keeping a smooth rotation as using yaw only and not pitch with it makes for jerky video. So as I was coming down and turning with a fast moving boat I hit CSC, with no warning other than the manual as most have posted, BTW (I did not get a manual, just the quick start guide).
Either way I am understanding I will never get any compensation for my P3A taking a dump because you can shut down motors in an instance should the sticks move to any of the bottom corners in flight which I think is a flaw.

Sorry to hear of the loss.
If you did inadvertently initiate CSC there is no delay of shutdown.
Warning on page 46 of the User Manual - "Do not perform a CSC when the aircraft is in midair, otherwise the motors will suddenly stop."

Probably not the best design.

Hope you get your new bird up an flying quickly.
It will never fly again, It has been at the bottom of a mud lake since the Friday of memorial day weekend, and that's if I find it.

Is your P3 a total right off or do some parts still work?

I would like to sell off parts of my P3P if you're interested? Maybe it would help get you back in the air.

I would like to sell off parts of my P3P if you're interested? Maybe it would help get you back in the air.
If I replace the gimbal and shell we should be flying. That being said I don't know about paying that much for the 4k camera in the wake of this financial burden lol

Can someone with a p3 try this now indoors without props. Try all 4 stick combinations that work on the p2
I am talking about in flight. When you pull down on the left stick it does not shut down till it knows it has landed or is bring held.

You talking to me? Mine is still at the bottom of the lake. I hope to troll for it next time I am out if nothing but for the sd card.

It will never fly again, It has been at the bottom of a mud lake since the Friday of memorial day weekend, and that's if I find it.
Never say never, I've had a phantom take a bath in the sea which is ten times worse. Do your best to retrieve it mate, you'll be amazed that if you fully wash her out with fresh water, let her drip dry, blow her out with compressed air (hair dryer in my case) and then 5 days in a bug bag of rice and how much it can help. I got away with zero damage but at worst you could have a 75% functioning phantom that will be a lot cheaper to repair than replace.

I respectfully disagree. I think it is a good idea to have some way to drop it immediately in an emergency, whatever that may be. The combination required to do it should be something that would not be encountered during normal flights.

FULL - down, yaw, reverse and left/right at the same time should fit that requirement.

It is unfortunate if it is initiated inadvertently, and I feel for those who have accidentally done it, but I wouldn't blame it on the design.
How about a red button that says "crash it now" that is not on the bottom of the controller.

Reactions: Ari
I think a three second delay to shut down mid air makes sense. What would require you to shut down instantly? At least have a button or switch completely separate from normal flight controls if you must have a self destruct button.
I agree

The lake is like a NASCAR course, left turn, left turn. my mistake was trying to come down at the same time we was rounding the corner of the lake while keeping a smooth rotation as using yaw only and not pitch with it makes for jerky video. So as I was coming down and turning with a fast moving boat I hit CSC, with no warning other than the manual as most have posted, BTW (I did not get a manual, just the quick start guide).
Either way I am understanding I will never get any compensation for my P3A taking a dump because you can shut down motors in an instance should the sticks move to any of the bottom corners in flight which I think is a flaw.

Got it. I was picturing filming a slalom course. If I tried to do what you're describing I'd probably have just flown it into the lake.

Reactions: dalebb
I am talking about in flight. When you pull down on the left stick it does not shut down till it knows it has landed or is bring held.
Listen man all I'm trying to do is help, I'm not ragging on at you at all I'm just trying to share what knowledge I have, some may help and some may not. It's obvious you are still very wound up about this as I would be and I understand your frustration. I'm not out to get you or excuse dji because neither benifit me in any way. You can either be open to our genuinely honest attempts to help or not. A simple please and thank you goes a long way. Just remember we ain't dji and we didn't cause your crash, we're just trying to help mate.

They did this with the Yuneec Q500 !!! Everyone now puts a RED NUKE flip switch... Wonder why? To many were hitting the button.:confused:
If your aware on the CSC it should be enough, if not? I can see the issue, they should be able to change to 5 seconds maybe in a firmware update?
If you hit delete on anything you get a massage "are you sure you want drop $1100. from the sky at this time...... yes or no?"

Reactions: JamesD
If there was a dedicated csc button I guarantee it would be pressed 100 times more by accident than performing a csc. Just look how easy it is to knock the s1 and s2 switches put of position which I reckon lead to at least 50% of so called flyaways.

Reactions: bbfpv
Got it. I was picturing filming a slalom course. If I tried to do what you're describing I'd probably have just flown it into the lake.
Thank you for understanding, many just fly forward and don't understand how this stick configuration could possibly happen.

Exactly. I must have only had them in that position for a fraction of a second at most. And once you slip the REGULAR CONTROL STICKS into this position it IMMEDIATELY dies? Come on. Rare or not, it looks like it may have happened to me, and it doesn't exactly feel like something that should happen so easily.
It should not.

Emergency shut off has to be instant in case of bodily harm. Performing a csc, then waiting a few seconds until you get a warning and then maybe another 3 seconds before your brain computes this and agrees to this.....
by that time your phantom will have hit what you wanted it to avoid by performing the csc and you will have hit the person/obstacle and you have crashed as well to make it even worse.

Reactions: mmee1992 and Meta4

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl