Crash from 80 feet, total destruction

Well nobody should be flying towards crowds anyhow! Haha

Agreed. I don't fly over, or near, people. I was just trying to come up with a scenario where I would want it to stop NOW.

I want to take mine out and fly from the boat. If it decides to RTC (return to China) I'd rather dump it and take my chances in the saltwater than just watch it fly away. At least I could still hang it on the wall. :mad:

I think a three second delay to shut down mid air makes sense. What would require you to shut down instantly? At least have a button or switch completely separate from normal flight controls if you must have a self destruct button.

They did this with the Yuneec Q500 !!! Everyone now puts a RED NUKE flip switch... Wonder why? To many were hitting the button.:confused:
If your aware on the CSC it should be enough, if not? I can see the issue, they should be able to change to 5 seconds maybe in a firmware update?

Reactions: dalebb
Agreed. I don't fly over, or near, people. I was just trying to come up with a scenario where I would want it to stop NOW.

I want to take mine out and fly from the boat. If it decides to RTC (return to China) I'd rather dump it and take my chances in the saltwater than just watch it fly away. At least I could still hang it on the wall. :mad:

That Sir is a very valid point. Something to remember as well... :)

Reactions: Marlin009
Very sorry to hear this but it sounds like a classic csc. Remember that there are 4 possible stick inputs that can iniciate a csc. Both sticks down and in, both sticks down and out, both sticks down and left and both sticks down and right. All new fliers must learn this. It is such an unusual manoeuvre that it is near impossible to do unless you don't understand this and you are just throwing it around in the air. I think one position should be enough let's say both sticks down and in but it is very necessary for most machines with moving parts to have an emergency shutdown. When you retrieve your logs let us know but if it was caused by accidental csc I'm afraid you won't have a leg to stand on and selling your p3 as spares will be your best recourse. Again sorry for your sad news.

I know that there are 2 ways to CSC as said above but why would there ever be a need to have 2 options to shut down. Surely this only doubles the chances of doing it in error with no advantages of having the second option. Did the P2 have the 2 option? I cant remember as I have always used the down and in option.

I know that there are 2 ways to CSC as said above but why would there ever be a need to have 2 options to shut down. Surely this only doubles the chances of doing it in error with no advantages of having the second option. Did the P2 have the 2 option? I cant remember as I have always used the down and in option.
4 options not 2

So there is four CSC combinations that can kill the bird, might be nice if you could choose how many options you wanted, dependant on where,what how surroundings etc, sounds like at least two of those combinations could be accidently hit if you had to do an emergency swerve manoeuvre for some reason, but i guess you shouldn't get yourself in that position in the first place lol

All 4 work on the p2 and I'm presuming the p3. I've tested all 4 on the ground and all 4 in the air at above 400m altitude

So there is four CSC combinations that can kill the bird, might be nice if you could choose how many options you wanted, dependant on where,what how surroundings etc, sounds like at least two of those combinations could be accidently hit if you had to do an emergency swerve manoeuvre for some reason, but i guess you shouldn't get yourself in that position in the first place lol
I kinda agree, as I said I think 1 would be enough but honestly it is very rare for someone to do this accidently, this is probably only the 2nd case I've read of in the last 2 years and this case is still unconfirmed but I have a sneaky suspicion that it's the case

There are four. Down and left, down and right, down and in and down and out. The chances just went up. That is the P2, I assume the 3 is the same.

JUST TO NOTE THIS IS FROM THE DJI WIKI SITE
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phantom_3_Advanced

Phantom 3 Professional- Starting/Stopping the Motors

Starting/Stopping the Motors
Starting the Motors

A Combination Stick Command (CSC) is used to start the motors. Push both sticks to the bottom inner or outer corners to start the motors. Once the motors have started spinning, release both sticks simultaneously.

Stopping the Motors

There are two methods to stop the motors.

Method 1: When Phantom 3 Professional has landed, push the throttle down , then conduct the same CSC that was used to start the motors, as described above . Motors will stop immediately. Release both sticks once motors stop.

Method 2: When the aircraft has landed, push and hold the throttle down. The motors will stop after three seconds.

Note:

Do not perform a CSC when the aircraft is in midair, otherwise the motors will suddently stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marlin009
I can't stress how rare this is, all 4 are insane manoeuvres and it just doesn't happen. I know this doesn't help the OP but it is still a very valuable lesson that hopefully we can impart on new fliers. Once you are aware of it you shouldn't accidently do it

Why would the CSC be active when the bird is of the ground?
It looks like software glitch that needs to be addressed for next firmware update if that was the reason of this crash...
Lets see the stick movements findings...

Reactions: dalebb
Starting the Motors

A Combination Stick Command (CSC) is used to start the motors. Push both sticks to the bottom inner or outer corners to start the motors. Once the motors have started spinning, release both sticks simultaneously.

Stopping the Motors

Method 1: When Phantom 3 Professional has landed, push the throttle down , then conduct the same CSC that was used to start the motors, as described above . Motors will stop immediately. Release both sticks once motors stop.

Method 2: When the aircraft has landed, push and hold the throttle down. The motors will stop after three seconds.

Note:

Do not perform a CSC when the aircraft is in midair, otherwise the motors will suddently stop.
Can someone with a p3 try this now indoors without props. Try all 4 stick combinations that work on the p2

Starting the Motors

Stopping the Motors

Note:

That's what I get for assuming. :D

Try sell on here in the classifieds or even in this p3 forum. Check all the individual prices of what working parts you have, controller being the most expensive, battery, props etc... I'd be hoping to get at least half the price of your p3 back?
Really? I have a left over controller, I didn't have a fit and throw it into the lake.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland

I have no problem with that. But should you put the sticks to CSC for whatever reason and have immediate shut down, I do have a problem with that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20