Crash from 80 feet, total destruction

But where is the demand for new controllers? mine was in my hands when I said "what the f?"
That would be my concern unless someone out there has tried to modify their tx with antennas and mucked it up, they may be your market?

Reactions: dalebb
I have no problem with that. But should you put the sticks to CSC for whatever reason and have immediate shut down, I do have a problem with that.
Exactly. I must have only had them in that position for a fraction of a second at most. And once you slip the REGULAR CONTROL STICKS into this position it IMMEDIATELY dies? Come on. Rare or not, it looks like it may have happened to me, and it doesn't exactly feel like something that should happen so easily.

That would be great once I decide. I am still in shock trying to plan my next move.
I'd say so, I've had one wreck which the dji hospital in Germany luckily fixed for free on a p2v and a dip in the salty sea with a p2v+ which I fixed myself but I fully understand the "oh ****" initial feeling and the horrible feelings of being a ******* in the following days. It's a real dagger to the heart man. I was very lucky, first time I couldn't fly for 5 weeks and second was 6 days but don't let it put you off because the rewards well outweigh the downsides. Unfortunately it's part and parcel of this game, my motto as many have seen me type before is "if you fly her be prepared to lose her, think that every flight could be your last, but fly her like you stole her"

Exactly. I must have only had them in that position for a fraction of a second at most. And once you slip the REGULAR CONTROL STICKS into this position it IMMEDIATELY dies? Come on. Rare or not, it looks like it may have happened to me, and it doesn't exactly feel like something that should happen so easily.
Amen, I was trying to come down and rotate at the same time. It came down and rotated alright into the lake.

I'd say so, I've had one wreck which the dji hospital in Germany luckily fixed for free on a p2v and a dip in the salty sea with a p2v+ which I fixed myself but I fully understand the "oh ****" initial feeling and the horrible feelings of being a ******* in the following days. It's a real dagger to the heart man. I was very lucky, first time I couldn't fly for 5 weeks and second was 6 days but don't let it put you off because the rewards well outweigh the downsides. Unfortunately it's part and parcel of this game, my motto as many have seen me type before is "if you fly her be prepared to lose her, think that every flight could be your last, but fly her like you stole her"
I do appreciate that you guys are being supportive! I was hesitant to post because I have seen people get ripped limb from limb here for having their antennae crooked haha. I figured it would at least bring awareness to a possible flaw and at least educate people on really being conscious of the possibility.

I do appreciate that you guys are being supportive! I was hesitant to post because I have seen people get ripped limb from limb here for having their antennae crooked haha. I figured it would at least bring awareness to a possible flaw and at least educate people on really being conscious of the possibility.
Hey we'renot all bad ;)
We all have our sad, stupid, embarrassing and some ******* stories. I know I have my fair share, I have no shame but if this was a genuine accidental csc I'm really glad you shared it. Dust yourself off, ask as many questions no matter how stupid you may think they are. There are no stupid questions if you don't know the answer. There are many good friends to be made in here.

Reactions: ctp and ATPhoto
To get the shots I want over water leading ski boats I fly her like she is a banshee. I have to keep in front of a boat that is moving side to side and changing speed, so the right stick is always in the down position. Should I want to drop and rotate without the sudden change in the video I need to bring both sticks down, and this is how I lost my P3A into the lake because CSC took place.

You feel pretty cheated right now eh? I sure do.
Yes I do. With all the fail safes and self preservation the P3 has how can a simple stick movement send it to it's death?

To get the shots I want over water leading ski boats I fly her like she is a banshee. I have to keep in front of a boat that is moving side to side and changing speed, so the right stick is always in the down position. Should I want to drop and rotate without the sudden change in the video I need to bring both sticks down, and this is how I lost my P3A into the lake because CSC took place.
Thanks for sharing and your honestly. We all will learn from your experience.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Hey we'renot all bad ;)
We all have our sad, stupid, embarrassing and some ******* stories. I know I have my fair share, I have no shame but if this was a genuine accidental csc I'm really glad you shared it. Dust yourself off, ask as many questions no matter how stupid you may think they are. There are no stupid questions if you don't know the answer. There are many good friends to be made in here.
Thanks ! Looks like I've just made my first!

May i suggest making more subtle movements, it makes for better video. Maybe fly a little further out so you don't have to make such quick corrections. If you are using a p3p with 4k you will be able to crop the video and not lose too much quality. Unfortunately everytime there is a new dji release we hear of these sort of horror stories for a few weeks with the influx of new pilots. I'm in no way passing blame onto you because I do honestly feel your pain but the old ribbing that used to go on in here about RTFM does have a bit of sense behind it. The phantom is marketed as ready to fly out of the box which I think is wrong, the phantom is ready to fly but the flier may not necessarily be. I always tell people to read the manual 3 or 4 times, watch every youtube instructional a few times and ask as many questions in here and ideally new fliers will do this in the 2 weeks before they buy their phantom. There is a lot of very valuable experience to be gained in here and I think it's something that dji should promote in their marketing that new fliers should use this or any of the other great forums because after all there is no seasoned flier who wants to read these horror stories. It gets me everytime I read one.

Did you pull up your flight log yet? When I did that's when it hit me, I was like f%^ your kidding me. you can shut down motors mid flight?

Did you pull up your flight log yet? When I did that's when it hit me, I was like f%^ your kidding me. you can shut down motors mid flight?
The app was disconnected when I crashed. The log is useless :(

I'm assuming you're in the boat. Challenging for sure. Does the P3 have course lock? That would allow you to fly backwards (or sideways) while pushing the stick forward.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31