Connection fails after binding to camera.

Reaction score
I bought a Phantom 2 Vision used just a few weeks ago and I've been struggling with shotty connections from the camera to get it to show FPV on the vision app...

Today I was going to attempt to fly it, and went outside just to find that the wifi name wasn't showing up... I rebooted everything, still nothing, so I decided to attempt to rebind the camera to the range extender.

I'm going to try and be pretty specific, but I am still pretty new to this whole drone business so please be patient.

I turned on the extender > controller > drone... The light on the camera flashed orange, then turned to a solid green like normal. No Phantom_xxxxxx SSID showed up, so I held the reset button on the range extender for 20 seconds to reset it.

The SSID showed up just fine after so I connected to it then went to bind the camera. I typed in the Mac Address to rebind the camera, it successfully bound, once I clicked done, it brought me to the main page of the app, and showed "Connect to WiFi" and disconnected me from the connection. I attempted to reconnect to the wifi, but once it was bound to the camera it was out of range and not showing up once again.

From my understanding, the camera is what you're ultimately connecting to, and the range extender is just that, just to boost the range. Which makes sense why I am able to connect to the extender just fine, but when the extender is then connected to the camera, it looses all signal. Now my question is what could cause it to not be able to broadcast itself anymore? I flew the drone just fine a day prior, and even messed with the fpv connecting it to a tablet instead of my phone last night, and tested the FPV inside (not flying of course) and all was working fine.

I don't want to think that the wifi in the camera crapped out over night... Any help is appreciated.

Same as many others are experiencing. The camera has 3 boards inside. It seems board 3 may be failing.
Mine is in a similar condition. Although i can get telemetry and battery, wifi strength,.... and the camera will record and take pics to the Micro SD card....but no video display to my tablet/phone.

Do you have another Range extender to connect to...and see if that fixes it ?
That would be a good first step.

Talk to J Dot in here...he likely has some suggestions and possible resources for you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj