compass error over water

Xrider - was the fight just over 5 minutes (am I reading the data correctly). This is the compass plot, can't see anything significant there?? Bit of a glitch about 1½ BEFORE lift off. Maybe someone more experienced can read more into it.

View attachment 120988
You're right the only compass problem occurred at -104 secs - probably because the P3P was being handled prior to launch. I suspect that @xrider posted the wrong .DAT. The one that was posted doesn't match the snapshot that was shown in post #15.

Hi Bud, yes quite agree and yes, this is a P3A file!
Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 20.31.53.jpg

Hi Bud, yes quite agree and yes, this is a P3A file!
View attachment 120990
hello there again.. hold on a sec.. how a p3p can write on its .dat thats a p3a??

really dont know what he was doin with the sticks but ive told him that i cant do sth more if he doesnt give me the .txt file.. he had kept a backup before formattin his tablet.. so i hope the correct .txt is gonna be there..

if the .dat is reportin a compass error in the very beginin its pilot error.. anyway.. im gonna post here again when he gives me the .txt .. till then his drone is goin to be on hold.. ive got a p3 as well which wants to fly and im not gonna let it wait for long..

ps. why do i feel that im searching for ghosts here?? he said compass error mid flight.. hes got a p3p that states in its .dat that its a p3a.. oh.. whatever.. ?

okay.. here we go.. it reports an esc error midflight and then he tries to recover it by pushin up throttle stick and then again esc error.. thats what i gave you from event stream but..

and here its the compass error that he said.. the correct flight and before the one with the esc error..

for some reason dates arent correct.. maybe airdata has to do sth with that..

and here its the compass error that he said.. the correct flight and before the one with the esc error..
for some reason dates arent correct.. maybe airdata has to do sth with that..
It's not just the date that's odd.
There's not much in that file that makes any sense.
There's no indication that it comes from a flight at all.

It's not just the date that's odd.
There's not much in that file that makes any sense.
There's no indication that it comes from a flight at all.
really dont know what to guess with the error he states.. how about the other one whith esc error?? can you see something in there?? p3p (or whatever p3 is that) gives the alert two times.. cant figure out how a motor can be blocked 2.5 ft high..

really dont know what to guess with the error he states.. how about the other one whith esc error?? can you see something in there?? p3p (or whatever p3 is that) gives the alert two times.. cant figure out how a motor can be blocked 2.5 ft high..
I think it might have been a landing accident since it happens at the end of the flight ?

I think it might have been a landing accident since it happens at the end of the flight ?
really dont know what to guess.. ive told him to give the .txt .. he is about to give me the whole thing in a few hours from now.. im gonna wait a bit more before i quit..

I'm confused? I thought you said he had formatted his device in which case there will be nothing to see?
Unfortunately I have deleted the .DAT I downloaded and the links at the beginning of this post no longer work!
Send me the .DAT file again please.

I'm confused?

believe me.. im confused as well
Send me the .DAT file again please.
there s no .dat from that flight anymore.. but ive got finally the .txt with the accident..

it turns out that whatever error he saw that it was caused from autolanding into the water.. but.. it had 50% plus juice on the battery and it was 20+ meters away from home point.. why it didnt raised its height and head back to the home point?? why it autolanded with 50% plus juice?? what on golden props had happened over there and it gave a propulsion output message??

believe me.. im confused as well

there s no .dat from that flight anymore.. but ive got finally the .txt with the accident..

it turns out that whatever error he saw that it was caused from autolanding into the water.. but.. it had 50% plus juice on the battery and it was 20+ meters away from home point.. why it didnt raised its height and head back to the home point?? why it autolanded with 50% plus juice?? what on golden props had happened over there and it gave a propulsion output message??
With just that info, it looks like one of the classic cases of taking off with a low charge battery which almost immediately goes critical when a greater load is applied. We’ve seen it here many times which is why we always strongly advise to launch with a fully charged battery. The battery percentage indicator only gives a reliable reading when you start your flight with a fully charged battery.

Last edited:
what on golden props had happened over there and it gave a propulsion output message??
This is the standard warning message given when the AC is being asked to do something with a greater load (climb, speed up, fight head winds, etc) than it has battery voltage to do safely. It was added a couple of years ago in a FW update (v1.6 I think) after the prior FW was causing battery shutdowns in flight during increased loads.

Last edited:
hope battery went off before other systems.. but ive seen compass and esc errors.. how about the imu?? what you think of the central parts?? it seems that in the last seconds of flight it does get submegred..

dont know what to guess with all these but it still works after that.. or else i wouldnt be able to provide you with .dats..

Have a look at what that data really shows.
Ignore the % indication as that is only good when the battery is full to start the flight.
Note how quickly the cell voltage fell below 3.3 volts, which is critical low voltage for lithium batteries.

And if the drone has been in saltwater, avoid it like the plague.

Have a look at what that data really shows.
Ignore the % indication as that is only good when the battery is full to start the flight.
Note how quickly the cell voltage fell below 3.3 volts, which is critical low voltage for lithium batteries.

And if the drone has been in saltwater, avoid it like the plague.
yea i see that it went low voltage but i can see it strugglin for some reason to stay up in the air and that made motors to suck the power like vaccum.. take a look right at the volts right before the message for propulsion output pops up.. something made it to give extra power..

i really get upset when i see careless people behavin so immature.. just.. why?? it just strugglin like crazy to stay up.. why he didnt brought it back?? he told me about a compass error.. not an autolanding..

I hope your friend has learnt something from all this, at the very least, as the manual says, ALWAYS use a fully charged battery!
But it's been an interesting exercise remembering how to "look at" the data the .DAT and .TXT files have hidden in them.
Thanks rider!

Reactions: xrider
yea i see that it went low voltage but i can see it strugglin for some reason to stay up in the air and that made motors to suck the power like vaccum.
It was struggling because the battery was dead and didn't have sufficient voltage to push the motors as it should have.

Reactions: xrider
@cheddarman rest assured that he already knows the cause of compass errors etc.. i feel very frustrated of what he did to that drone.. gave him dji service tel number to arrange a meeting with them.. he gave me the drone.. he told me "fix this because of an error" not because he didnt pay any attention.. feel terrible for the machine.. it was struglin like crazy to stay up but it couldnt make it.. i really need to go for a flight with mine right now.. indoors as weather doesnt do very well lately..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik