speed error and crash

Reaction score
hello there..

i really need some assistance here as a sudden speed error occured.. dont know what happened.. i was watching that it was coming veeery slow back to me so i gave a bit more acceleration.. no wind at all.. when it was close enough to me i left the stick.. but it continued till it hit a wall.. there was no interference there.. and i really cant understand why it didnt stop.. it had plenty of space..

here is the .dat file of that flight.. really need to understand what the speed error stands for before any flight takes place again..

thanks in advance
a well fricked pilot ?

@xrider You experienced a compass error. Usually this occurs in a magnetically distorted area and/or the launch point.

1581349152463.png

Reactions: xrider
@xrider You experienced a compass error. Usually this occurs in a magnetically distorted area and/or the launch point.

View attachment 117176
ive triple checked that place.. there was nothing.. no errors on start up.. no errors mid flight.. that thing has happened when it was coming back to me.. well.. it seem that it needs a good compass calibration..
what about the escs?? do they seem okay?? really dont know why it didnt gave the error in time but gave it after the crash..

@xrider The Esc's have nothing to do with the compass issue. Can you provide the .txt log for comparison with the .dat?

hello there..

i really need some assistance here as a sudden speed error occured.. dont know what happened.. i was watching that it was coming veeery slow back to me so i gave a bit more acceleration.. no wind at all.. when it was close enough to me i left the stick.. but it continued till it hit a wall.. there was no interference there.. and i really cant understand why it didnt stop.. it had plenty of space..

here is the .dat file of that flight.. really need to understand what the speed error stands for before any flight takes place again..

thanks in advance
a well fricked pilot ?
Looks to me like the P3AP was travelling too fast and couldn't stop before hitting the wall. The impact was at 270.442 secs. The magYaw and ESC issues occurred after the impact.

The P3AP was moving at 15.3 m/s (34 mph) when the elevator was released at 269 secs. The velocity had slowed to 9.5 m/s when the impact occurred. In this interval the P3AP traveled about 18 meters. That seems like a lot. Have you checked the gains?
1581386756574.png

Reactions: RodPad and xrider
Looks to me like the P3AP was travelling too fast and couldn't stop before hitting the wall. The impact was at 270.442 secs. The magYaw and ESC issues occurred after the impact.

The P3AP was moving at 15.3 m/s (34 mph) when the elevator was released at 269 secs. The velocity had slowed to 9.5 m/s when the impact occurred. In this interval the P3AP traveled about 18 meters. That seems like a lot. Have you checked the gains?
View attachment 117206

i was watching it moving veeery slow.. thats why i gave more acceleration.. i left the stick by the time it was almost close to me.. but it continued moving.. way too fast and crashed in a wall..

was that thing happened because i havent updated the app??

i was watching it moving veeery slow.. thats why i gave more acceleration.. i left the stick by the time it was almost close to me.. but it continued moving.. way too fast and crashed in a wall..

was that thing happened because i havent updated the app??

The drone doesn't stop immediately. By the time you let go of the throttle it was going 34 mph (49 feet per second). When you let up on the throttle it did begin slowing down but the deceleration wasn't fast enough to prevent it from impacting the wall. From the time you let up on the throttle to impact was about 2 seconds, not enough time to get it stopped from 34 mph. When it hit the wall it was still going about 20 mph (20 mph is about 20 feet per second).

Someone that knows more about the drone can maybe comment on the maximum braking action and what is a reasonable braking distance when you are going that fast.

Reactions: RodPad and xrider
Someone that knows more about the drone can maybe comment on the maximum braking action and what is a reasonable braking distance when you are going that fast.

what about the slow movement that i was watching on screen?? in the first flight i was giving 45% of acceleration but it was moving like 10%.. it was about 1200 feet from me so i ve pressed rth.. same things happened in the second flight but it was about 450 feet from me.. i didnt know if it was gusty up there.. thats why it was flying low.. wind wasnt okay.. it was changing directions constantly.. so i decided to bring it home manually.. but i was watching it moving slow again.. thought that it was because of wind.. now i see it wasnt.. it was a great transmition lag.. without app telling me that image signal wasnt good.. things went wrong..

ive already updated the app.. so.. im goin to give it a test flight close to me and see how its goin to act.. i feel very stupid of what ive done.. anyway.. can somebody see if something was wrong with transmition?? just to verify that the two locations that i was flying wasnt so good and avoid flying again there..

what about braking speed?? i know it needs more time to brake when it is in great acceleration.. it happened so fast.. i couldnt react.. i d selected that spot as wind was blowing to the home point to make an easy return.. things went wrong.. because of a stupid transmition lag.. witch makes me feel dump..

Last edited:
Was the craft braking or just drifting to the wall. If that then maybe it suddenly switched to ATTI but this should be written in the log file?
Did you try to manually (by sticks) move it backward?

here am i

i ve got news.. calibrated everything.. updated the app.. drone responds normally and after that we went for a small flight.. later we went flying again.. it seems ok.. no abnormal messages.. no abnormal behaviour or sounds..

only weird thing is.. that i see 6 ft disntance from home point before take off.. app says that.. drone says that everything its ok.. but i want to see zero distance.. app acts like home point is the rc.. but it isnt..

Before you chrashed was it in the returning home mode? This can explain the inconsistence in GPS.

As I remember you said that the craft was 8ft apart from the HP at start up.

As I remember you said that the craft was 8ft apart from the HP at start up.
6 ft apart.. i saw that after the crash in both flights that ive done.. not the day ive crashed it.. has speed error something to do with gps?? have i caused to it some kind of gps mulfunction?? it hit sideways (2 broken props) on a wall and fell down on a bush.. do i have to run some kind of gps test before next flight to see if something came loose inside there or not?? ?

GPS works or not can't be wrong. Might be compass? I don't know. Should have more data to tell that but even then I don't know if I'm the right person.
The speed error has nothing to do with GPS. That speed error must be taken seriously. Probably something wrong with the motor, props or IMU. If somebody here has a better idea let us hear it otherwise the servis should be the right place.

PSX_20200218_133615.jpg

it seems that distance number is rising for some unknown reason.. it was on the ground.. no movement at all.. and in flight there was a declination as well.. what causes that?? no obstructionss between gps receiver and the sky.. 16 sats.. cant give any explanation.. ?
is there anyone who knows the usual causes of what is happening??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31