COMPASS ERROR NO MAGNETIC INTERFERENCE

Reaction score
I was flying my P3S in an agricultural field used for corn & soybeans. I have flown there dozens of times without problems. I was flying at 400’ wanting to see if the additional height would extend my range. I was out about 1,400’ when I received a compass error, lost GPS then went into ATTI mode. At that point, it spiraled straight down 400’ hours striking a rock shattering the camera & all but one of the props. When I tried to fly it, nothing happened.

Previous posts wanted to blame magnetic interference, but I had recalibrated the compass & IMU just the week before. Any ideas what happened?

Any ideas what happened?
If you can share the flight log we can take a look. See this link: Log Viewer

Upload to that link ( Instructions are on the link ) then share a link back here to the uploaded file and we can take a look.

same thing happen to me I was abt 30 feet up . got a compass error and it dived into my house that was the end.

same thing happen to me I was abt 30 feet up . got a compass error and it dived into my house that was the end.
Unfortunately I didn't see the original post earlier but my comments to you would what I would have said for that post as well.
A compass error does not cause a Phantom to fall from the sky.
It's most likely that the error message was a symptom of the problem rather than the cause.
The only way to confirm what actually happened is to look at the recorded flight data.
To do that, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Reactions: N017RW

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4