Compass error while approaching a mountain

Notice he asks questions. I answer, make statements then I ask him questions. He states his opinions as fact then just asks me more questions. He constantly asks me to back up my claims but he NEVER backs up his. He doesn’t back up his position because he can’t.

Hey I’ll argue with a tree trunk and I think I’ve proven that in this very discussion but I have to admit that I’ve grown a little bored with this round-and-round approach of his

Interesting
popcorn_the_joker.gif

Reactions: Shoot4fun
Puwahahaha! Nice!
I hate to let you guys down but I’m a little tired of being interrogated by this dude. I really don’t mind if he flies around antennas with microwave drums, dopplar radar balls or the Star Ship Enterprises deflector dish. It’s his drone! Let him think what he wants. Maybe his Phantom has Borg shields? Lol

And in all that time communication engineering and drone flying and bulding, how many times have you seen compasses affected by communications antennas?
I'm not questioning your credibility, I'm questioning the credibility of the "maybe" hypothesis you threw in to the discussion.
I've seen too many maybes that turned out to be nothings, to take them seriously without more evidence to support the hypothesis.

At this stage of our understanding of drone flying, we need more than "maybe something" or "perhaps something else".
We've had millions of hours of drone flight and some very smart people to help us get a good understanding but as far as I'm aware, we still haven't seen compass effects attributable to emissions from antennas.
We have more evidence to suggest that antenna emissions don't affect drone compasses, than to indicate they are a likely cause.

If you have something concrete to contribute to advance your hypothesis, I'm quite happy to consider it.
Puwahahaha! Nice!
I hate to let you guys down but I’m a little tired of being interrogated by this dude. I really don’t mind if he flies around antennas with microwave drums, dopplar radar balls or the Star Ship Enterprises deflector dish. It’s his drone! Let him think what he wants. Maybe his Phantom has Borg shields? Lol
Yes sorry no harm intended,,need humor around here sometimes,,,,,it's a good read though,I got crazy theory but not sure my mind is normal either,so I hold off on that

Reactions: D0CT0R
Notice he asks questions. I answer, make statements then I ask him questions. He states his opinions as fact then just asks me more questions. He constantly asks me to back up my claims but he NEVER backs up his. He doesn’t back up his position because he can’t.
Read post #20 again.
In >20 years as a working scientist, I understand and use the scientific method.
You've put your hypothesis (maybe transmissions can affect the compass).
Perhaps it's correct but so far lots of observations have failed to support your hypothesis.
It's your hypothesis, it's up to you to prove it.

You could start off by addressing the simple question I asked in post #20:
In all that time communication engineering and drone flying and building, how many times have you seen drone compasses affected by communications antennas?

I had a personal experience with how VHF radio transmission creates an actual MAGNETIC field. About 25 years ago, I was doing an indoor test of a 3-bay FM broadcast antenna. It was laying on some wooden horses, horizontally. I was feeding it very small amounts of power for much of the testing, but at one point raised the power to 100 watts TPO.
After the test, I found that all of the computers in the office had locked up/crashed and the CRT displays were magnetized (rainbow colors in a moire pattern across CRT faces).
That simply reinforced why it's called ELECTRO-MAGNETIC field.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20