P4A all red lights for no reason - possibly battery error

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently found an unsolved mystery with my P4A. During the flight it suddenly lights all four leds as red (solid red). There's no pattern like "four flashes of green then red", but it goes from green to red then back to green and so on. Also happens in ATTI mode.
At first I thought that it might be a compass error, but I calibrated it with succes and no change. Then my second idea was that maybe it has something to do with the fact I didn't calibrated Vision System for a long time, but I did the calibration yesterday and the problem still occurs. I was checking if maybe DJI GO app will show me what's going on, but there's no error (all systems normal), so basically I have no idea what might be the reason.
(Only problem I had today, that while connected to DJI Goggles i could't start the rotors, but it was a battery error and I solved it by turning off and on the AC - and it doen't seem to have any correlation to previous problem)
I haven't checked flight log yet, but maybe somebody already had similar problem and know the solution?
Thanks in advance

Hi,
I recently found an unsolved mystery with my P4A. During the flight it suddenly lights all four leds as red (solid red). There's no pattern like "four flashes of green then red", but it goes from green to red then back to green and so on. Also happens in ATTI mode.
At first I thought that it might be a compass error, but I calibrated it with succes and no change. Then my second idea was that maybe it has something to do with the fact I didn't calibrated Vision System for a long time, but I did the calibration yesterday and the problem still occurs. I was checking if maybe DJI GO app will show me what's going on, but there's no error (all systems normal), so basically I have no idea what might be the reason.
(Only problem I had today, that while connected to DJI Goggles i could't start the rotors, but it was a battery error and I solved it by turning off and on the AC - and it doen't seem to have any correlation to previous problem)
I haven't checked flight log yet, but maybe somebody already had similar problem and know the solution?
Thanks in advance
Battery error,be careful, solid red critical error,,fast flash red critical battery warning,,red flash alternating imu error,,,how the battery cells,all read same voltage,,what's the 5 sec press on batt button tell you,4 lights 3 lights 2 lights ?

Battery error,be careful, solid red critical error,,fast flash red critical battery warning,,red flash alternating imu error,,,how the battery cells,all read same voltage,,what's the 5 sec press on batt button tell you,4 lights 3 lights 2 lights ?
Battery had 98% power and all cells were balanced (and 5sec press shows 4 lights). After turning battery off and on error disappeared.

In my opinion main problem is not related to this, as it occurred earlier and battery error was one time accident (my P4A seems to hate Goggles).

Battery had 98% power and all cells were balanced (and 5sec press shows 4 lights). After turning battery off and on error disappeared.

In my opinion main problem is not related to this, as it occurred earlier and battery error was one time accident (my P4A seems to hate Goggles).
I also clear any warnings from ""warnings"" in app in case it reoccurs,,,I do say be careful with battery warnings because mine caused free fall with batt 100% on take off only to go to critical voltages in seconds,,let's say I was lucky I got it to hit my house,shut off mid air at 72ft ,outcome not good

Just a thought , are you recording video when this happens :?

Just a thought , are you recording video when this happens :?
Nope, only flying. No errors on DJI Go app, everything calibrated, no interference, battery level sufficient, just solid red back lights from time to time.
I saw this problem few days ago, then the other day everything was just fine and finally the problem is back.

Nope, only flying. No errors on DJI Go app, everything calibrated, no interference, battery level sufficient, just solid red back lights from time to time.
I saw this problem few days ago, then the other day everything was just fine and finally the problem is back.

Ok, because last time I recorded at night , and when the SD card and the Mavic HD filled up I got those red lights. That is why I was thinking something to do with the Record and or SD card.

Last edited:
I carefully watched my P4A today, and I might have found the issue. I started getting battery error during the flight and no cell detail is shown, then it goes back to normal (and again and again).
Double checked with different batteries, all fully charged and all cells balanced.
Flight with no interruptions, but right now I won’t risk taking off to avoid looking for phantom in the bushes.
What might’ve caused this? I’ve gotta admit that maybe once or twice the battery was removed without turning off (not my fault, but person who was flying at the time), and inside the drone I can see silver spots where it touches the battery (unfortunately don’t have any photos).

Attachments

• C83D95B8-313E-440B-AB27-D7FD70620521.png
    C83D95B8-313E-440B-AB27-D7FD70620521.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 279
  • 59473738-125E-4F8F-886C-C9F6759E6E77.png
    59473738-125E-4F8F-886C-C9F6759E6E77.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 304
Last edited:
I know you can get four red lights on your Phantom 4 if you keep ignoring the "precise flysafe database update" in the app, I found that out by experience.

How long have you had the battery? If you store them at too high or too low of voltages you can get major havoc. 50-55%. Fly AT LEAST once a month... Fully Charged then back to storage at those voltages. For me I fly once a week. I just said BU BYE to 4 relatively new batts. Hurt like hell, but my inexperience from berfore caused those batts to throw major cell deviations. (AIRDATA). Wow eye opener.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik