compass calibration

Reaction score
I can't complete the compass calibration! The vertical turn wont calibrate, message come up about compass magnetism interference!
Why,,,,, I've tried to calibrate in multiple locations?
BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE;
It's a new AC, flew in once, hard landing (upside down)(not sure if this is the issue)
But, have not been able to get the blades kick on again!
Help me please!

Rusty, ouch! Did it flip then crash or crash first and then turn over? Or, did it land on its props with the motors running? I have read somewhere, possibly here, that there is a wire that if broken will mess up the calibration. I'm not sure if they were referring to compass or IMU. I bet someone out here will have you an answer.
Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

I can't complete the compass calibration! The vertical turn wont calibrate, message come up about compass magnetism interference!
Go into the app settings and go to the Sensors section to see what compass data is shown.
If you have numbers there, your compass is probably OK but if you have zero showing, that's an indication that the compass is disconnected and won't calibrate until this is fixed.

You unfolded the legs???
You in an open grassy field???
You removed your watch and nipple piercings??

Do you know you are clear of all metals. I had a place in the yard that I couldn't get a calibration. It was underground cable, tv and electrical.

I know this sounds stupid but you don't have a big belt buckle on with your keys in your pocket when doing the calibration?

BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE;
It's a new AC, flew in once, hard landing (upside down)(not sure if this is the issue)
But, have not been able to get the blades kick on again!
Help me please!
Rusty, what's the status on your compass issue? Is it resolved? Do you have numbers in Go for your compass?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik