Cold weather questions

Reaction score
I currently use a P3 for real estate listing shoots in the Metro Detroit area. I am wondering if anyone out there in the northern tier states can advise me on cold weather use of the Phantom. Is it advisable to conduct flights in temperatures below freezing and what is the proper way to store the Lipo batteries for the winter months? Thank you in advance ...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: mike.alexander
I currently use a P3 for real estate listing shoots in the Metro Detroit area. I am wondering if anyone out there in the northern tier states can advise me on cold weather use of the Phantom. Is it advisable to conduct flights in temperatures below freezing and what is the proper way to store the Lipo batteries for the winter months? Thank you in advance ...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Last Sunday, it was 29F when I took a 15 minute flight with my P3A. I put the battery in the drone (room temperature) and took it outside to fly. The flight was absolutely perfect with zero flaws in performance or reliability. When I brought it back down to end the flight, it was quite cold. However, this was not a problem for it. As msinger said, just make sure the battery is warm when you put it in the Phantom 3.

Last Sunday, it was 29F when I took a 15 minute flight with my P3A. I put the battery in the drone (room temperature) and took it outside to fly. The flight was absolutely perfect with zero flaws in performance or reliability. When I brought it back down to end the flight, it was quite cold. However, this was not a problem for it. As msinger said, just make sure the battery is warm when you put it in the Phantom 3.
Yep I took it out in 28F the other day and it flew just fine how ever for me my fingers were froze so I wasn't able to use the whole battery, I use hand warmers to keep my battery warm and then I put it in the inner pocket of my coat to keep it close to me for body heat.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj