Who is up Flying in the Cold Today?

No snow in the ground in this one, but it was around 32ºF.

The Alabama Hills are near Lone Pine, CA.

Very very well done, excellent work.

I have to ask two things about the audio, though.
1) is that DroneFX for the sound track?
2) is that you making the wind whistling noises? If so.., well played lol!

Very very well done, excellent work.

I have to ask two things about the audio, though.
1) is that DroneFX for the sound track?
2) is that you making the wind whistling noises? If so.., well played lol!

Thanks, Dresten. Some sound effects were from the library included with iMovie. I found the royalty free sound effect for the wind and crickets on line somewhere. I opted to skip music, as I'm tired of hearing music on so many vids. Besides, I was trying to create a mysterious mood and the sounds worked better for that (I think!).

A few days ago I was in Swall Meadow near Bishop, CA, but a bit higher. Morning was 23ºF and I went up high to catch the sunrise.

View attachment 107394
Excellent Shot
50934435_2713137095363883_5562633219901227008_n.jpg

We need a Canadian Wall.

Last edited:
Just went out for a flight in 10 degree F weather today. Have to work tonight, but looking forward to seeing the results tomorrow.

Anyone else flying in the cold? A couple of black and whites from a couple of days ago.

DJI_0003.jpg

DJI_0014.jpg

DJI_0018.jpg

Thanks to all who submitted photos......well done!

Here in the North-East, we sure have to pick our days when we fly.
There has been lots of freezing rain, overcast weather and the temperature fluctuations have been unbelievable.
Minus 22 Celcius one day and 2 days later, it'll be +7!!

Was up today with my Spark checking out the brave souls out ice fishing on the lake. It was -21C with a wind chill making it feel like -28C. There weren’t as many huts out as usual and there was nobody out that didn’t have a portable hut to keep warm in.

Used my Spark instead of my P3S so I wouldn’t freeze my hands spinning on props. The Spark works fine in the cold but in temps like today the gimbal pitch gets stuck and doesn’t move smoothly. Took a manual pano of 6 images since the auto pano settings don’t work in these temps.

I usually hand launch/land my Spark but on a day like today, as soon as I take my hands out of my gloves they begin to sting because of the cold wind.

Here’s the pano (rushed because hands were cold)

BA95C26E-3D1C-41DE-9B2C-2FB387D7DFDD.jpeg

Reactions: awasos21

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj