Who is up Flying in the Cold Today?

I keep looking towards Pontiac while searching for new photo ops. Any cool spots in and around Pontiac you’d be willing to share? TIA

There's not much here. In the summer I do all of my flights up north on the water near Cheboygan. One place you may know of close is Yates Cider Mill at Dequindre and Avon Rds. along the river. There is a park across the street from the mill.

Reactions: Drestin Black
There's not much here. In the summer I do all of my flights up north on the water near Cheboygan. One place you may know of close is Yates Cider Mill at Dequindre and Avon Rds. along the river. There is a park across the street from the mill.

I’m very close to it. Looked like a lot of trees blocking a lot but could look cool in fall. Thank you. Cheboygan is beautiful.

Reactions: DigitalSkyPilot
I always laugh when I hear NBC 'Today Show' meteorologist, Al Roker say: " Cold air coming down from Canada...."

Truth is, this cold northern air originates at the North Pole, comes through the Arctic region, then through Canada and on into the United States.
That's what happens.

This cold air doesn't originate in Canada but transits through Canada before reaching the United States.

And no wall could restrict this cold air flow.

Canadians suffer through these cold, dark winter months just the same as a good deal of the U.S. population.

All that aside, that's a nice shot you took with your P3 4K. :)

I shot this in 10 degree weather with my P3A. It was a litchi mission, in which it did the flying and I pointed the camera. I had planned to look at the first take, then shoot it again with changes in angle, etc. THAT never happened - took a while to get feeling back in my fingers...

I shot this in 10 degree weather with my P3A. It was a litchi mission, in which it did the flying and I pointed the camera. I had planned to look at the first take, then shoot it again with changes in angle, etc. THAT never happened - took a while to get feeling back in my fingers...

Great video. I had to turn off the elevator music though

I always laugh when I hear NBC 'Today Show' meteorologist, Al Roker say: " Cold air coming down from Canada...."

Truth is, this cold northern air originates at the North Pole, comes through the Arctic region, then through Canada and on into the United States.
That's what happens.

This cold air doesn't originate in Canada but transits through Canada before reaching the United States.

And no wall could restrict this cold air flow.

Canadians suffer through these cold, dark winter months just the same as a good deal of the U.S. population.

All that aside, that's a nice shot you took with your P3 4K. :)

Are you sure about a wall not stopping the cold air? Well that's disappointing.

Nice video!

Check out Soundimage.org for free music by member Eric Matyas

A little first of the year snow today:
IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg

Low altitude HDR:
IMG_1517.jpg

it's cold here but won't be as cold has you have. Here between 1c & 4c gives me cold battery warnings in the flight logs ;-)

I keep looking towards Pontiac while searching for new photo ops. Any cool spots in and around Pontiac you’d be willing to share? TIA

There are two parks on the Clinton River in Auburn Hills. I have yet to fly there but the parks have some great possibilities. One is downtown and the other is close on Squirrel rd. Just north of town. This is probably a place you may already know of.

-3C out there today ... nice day to fly .... did a circuit of the guys ice fishing.

Nigel

-3C out there today ... nice day to fly .... did a circuit of the guys ice fishing.

Nigel

I did exactly that on Friday. Today I would love to be out flying as it’s sunny, clear and -21C, but it is too windy (55km/hr gusts). Darn wind!!

Chris

German inventor Werner von Siemens created the first electric elevator in 1880. I thought you meant Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. The original Four Seasons are indeed older than dust and modern elevators. It's all personal preference in music. JK

There are two parks on the Clinton River in Auburn Hills. I have yet to fly there but the parks have some great possibilities. One is downtown and the other is close on Squirrel rd. Just north of town. This is probably a place you may already know of.

I don’t know the area at all, to be honest. I’ll have to check a map

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik