Chinese Argtek

I chose the Chinese ARGtek over the original BlueProton(still waiting for delivery) because of price($30) and I have stronger gain antennas I want to use. For me the selling point was the bracket that holds the 3 connectors and fits on the top of the remote, as I don't want to drill holes in my remote.

I chose the Chinese ARGtek over the original BlueProton(still waiting for delivery) because of price($30) and I have stronger gain antennas I want to use. For me the selling point was the bracket that holds the 3 connectors and fits on the top of the remote, as I don't want to drill holes in my remote.
Maybe I didn't understand you well, but with Argtek there is no drilling at all, it's plug and play. Done in five minutes. Instruction vidio is 18 min, but it takes only 5 to do it all.

0c73c9704dfeab2ae7413a03679bcbe8.jpg
stock antenna

8c8d186204253a35572d49a0eb507a17.jpg
Argtek

Maybe I didn't understand you well, but with Argtek there is no drilling at all, it's plug and play. Done in five minutes. Instruction vidio is 18 min, but it takes only 5 to do it all.

Yes, I don't want to drill into my controller.. the ARGtek and Chinese AARRRGHtek are the same in that respect.. I no wanna drill.. my point was I just wanted the (no drill)bracket and not necessarliy the antennas.

Yes, I don't want to drill into my controller.. the ARGtek and Chinese AARRRGHtek are the same in that respect.. I no wanna drill.. my point was I just wanted the (no drill)bracket and not necessarliy the antennas.
But bracket is no drill. You just need to pull out the old antenna (3 seconds) and this bracket fits the same spot where old antenna was placed, wires inside the controller are also easy, unplug old ones, plug in new ones, that is all.

Ok, now you're just screwing with me...
What I've been trying to say this whole time is... I chose the ARGtek style bracket because I don't want to drill.
But bracket is no drill. You just need to pull out the old antenna (3 seconds) and this bracket fits the same spot where old antenna was placed, wires inside the controller are also easy, unplug old ones, plug in new ones, that is all.

Sanel_net, but the U.FL Mini PCI wires inside the controller are affixed with a type a silicone glue, you'll want to very carefully remove the glue, either with a small hobby blade or tweezers or combination of the two being very careful not disturb the surrounding electronics. Once you fish the old wires out and snap the new wires in, being careful the new wires are not contacting any other electronics that's could cause a short circuit you will want to lock them back down in place. Most people here seem to use hot glue.

Ok, now you're just screwing with me...
What I've been trying to say this whole time is... I chose the ARGtek style bracket because I don't want to drill.

Sanel_net, but the U.FL Mini PCI wires inside the controller are affixed with a type a silicone glue, you'll want to very carefully remove the glue, either with a small hobby blade or tweezers or combination of the two being very careful not disturb the surrounding electronics. Once you fish the old wires out and snap the new wires in, being careful the new wires are not contacting any other electronics that's could cause a short circuit you will want to lock them back down in place. Most people here seem to use hot glue.

About the connectors, yes I did hot glue them.
I am electronics technician, so it was not a problem for me to do this instalation.
P.S. English is not my first language, sorry for the previous misunderstanding.

I bought a cheap set of this style of antennas from E-Bay for around $30 only because I didn't need a lot more range and they have worked fine for me. I was averaging 1,800 feet in my area before I lost video and 2,000 feet before a RTH with the stock antennas. This set has improved that range to around 3,000 feet before I lose video and 3,500 feet before RTH. Defiantly worth the $30 in my opinion.

Reactions: sanel_net
See - you shouldn't believe all the 'doomsayers' !! ;)

As I see it - there are those who have good installations and instant improvement and those with crap installations that say Argtek is not good.

Glad you are in the 'good group' ......

Now the next thing you can do - which does not need any electronics skill at all .....

Get TWO Windsurfers (about $5 each) ... fix together as one unit ... doesn't matter about the plastic bar between ... modify the mount holes to fit the centre antenna of the Argtek ...

That will 'focus' the signal and give you even more range - but is more directional so take care to keep antenna aligned with AC. I had 5km with that over farmland ... !

If you want to Windsurfer the 2.4 Video side - then you swap out the 'plate' antenna for stick antenna and put single windsurfer on ... in fact you could change ONE to stick + Windsurfer and leave other as plate.

Nigel

Reactions: sanel_net

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164