Cheap Chinese ebay gimbal on V1 Phantom..help

Reaction score
Hi I normally post in the Vision section (because thats what I have) but one of my co-workers bought a P1 and wants to get this cheap gimbal he ordered on ebay to work. We do have power to it and the stabilization works great. However the directions are BRUTAL! They only show one picture of where the cables attach to the NAZA-M-V2 (in f2 port) and its in black and white and a side shot photo copy at that.

The cable/wires they gave us are a generic set that has 4 separate wires ranging from brown to yellow. In the directions it seems to say that you only need three..which make some sense since there is only three in a row on f2 where a servo cable could plug in.

We have updated his software in the assistant software. All up to date.
We have enable the gimbal switch (which his controller did come with)
We have tried many combinations (nervously) and none have worked..not even a bit.

What I am hoping that one of the P1 Gurus can shed some light. I feel like we are just missing one small thing. Attached is a picture of the Gimbal which is supposed to be plug and play. There seems to be very little info on this cheap generic gimbal..no website etc..just the poorly translated photocopies that were sent with it.

Any help is very much appreciated.

James (and Mike)

Attachments

• Mikes Gibal 2.png
    Mikes Gibal 2.png
    479.5 KB · Views: 611
  • Mikes gimbal.png
    Mikes gimbal.png
    199.8 KB · Views: 583
If you can not understand what to do then leave it alone, there are just as many other gimbal's on the web that give better instruction's, the cheap one's are just, that cheap and nasty, remember if it breaks then you have a lot of trouble getting it repaired, not knowing what part of he world you are then I can not say how much trouble you have. I brought mine here in the UK and had to get the upgrade board, when one motor packed up it was sent back and returned in 4 day's, I have a Zenmuse so I know it fit's my model.

I have the exact same gimbal. You only need one(1) cable from F2 signal to Rx pitch, signal (not +5 or GND). The catch: they forgot to solder the pin to the board... But hey, at $56 you can't expect the poor worker to get everything right :-(

(Maybe this can help you: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... EwNDE4ZDk0 )

DKDarkness said:
I have the exact same gimbal. You only need one(1) cable from F2 signal to Rx pitch, signal (not +5 or GND). The catch: they forgot to solder the pin to the board... But hey, at $56 you can't expect the poor worker to get everything right :-(

(Maybe this can help you: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... EwNDE4ZDk0 )

Hey thanks DK.. That is helpful. Somewhat. Not sure by what you mean by they forgot to solder on the pin...? There is a set of pins for pitch and roll. 3 each. I'll try a 1 at a time and see if we get anything.

Did you finally get it to work? On a P1? I have seen you a bunch in the P2v side too. I thought maybe you were putting this on a vision.

JJ

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl