Reaction score
I know this has been covered a million times but it seems much harder to find decent cases in the UK.

@msinger does a great job over at Phantom Help listing cases but most of the links go to amazon.com and the cases aren't available on the .co.uk site.

Buying direct from the USA is expensive due to the shipping, taxes/duties etc.

Does anyone have any experience with MC-Cases from Germany - £139? Seems to be the closest case to a Microrapter that I can find in the UK
Amazon.co.uk link | MC-Cases website

The only mention I can find on here is: Cases | DJI Phantom Forum

I was thinking about a Lowepro Droneguard CS400 but have seen some poor reviews from users, which is a shame because I have loads of other Lowepro kit.

I honestly have no affiliation with any of the companies mentioned and the Amazon link is NOT an affiliate link.

Why not get the B&W type 61 case?

I have 1 lying around as I use my backpack more often and find it more convenient (as I'm currently not driving, otherwise I would use the B&W).

How about eBay? You can get the Microraptor Pro case on eBay. It's an awesome case. You won't be disappointed.

Yep -- a bit steep. But, it would beat buying a case you hate and then having to buy a second case to replace it.

Why not get the B&W type 61 case?

I have 1 lying around as I use my backpack more often and find it more convenient (as I'm currently not driving, otherwise I would use the B&W).
I have the type 61 bought from Amazon uk. £149.00. Brilliant case.

Reactions: D4T_PoM
I have an MC case from Amazon, paid £139.00. Really happy with it. Good build quality, nice tight fit on all the inserts and plenty of room so that you can leave the props on if you wish.

Reactions: cocoamedia
i use a goprofessional case for storage in the house as its a bit of a pain lugging it around for flying.
i got a cheap nasty £30 Chinese backpack i use for out flying, if it breaks they are easy and cheap to replace and it dont hurt to much if you want to cut it about to add pockets

I don't understand spending a lot of money on the P3 and then skimping on a case, when a lot of damage can be caused transporting the P3P.

I have the B & W 61 case and also the DJI hard shell backpack. I use the DJI back pack a lot more because it is so user-friendly. It is an obvious thing to say but they are totally different products which have been designed for different purposes.

B & W case pros
1. It is very well made and provides the ultimate protection
2. You can leave the props attached
3. The pre cut foam fits the P3P, batteries etc. very well
4. It is reasonably priced compared to a number of other hard shell cases

B & W cons
1. It is heavy
2. It is bulkier that the DJI hard shell backpack

DJI hard shell backpack pros
1. Fits the P3 like a glove
2. Is well made
3. It is convenient to use
4. It is compact
5. It is light

DJI hard shell backpack cons
1. It is expensive
2. Props must be removed
3. Holds less than the B & W
4. Difficult to attach accessories if they don't fit in the backpack

I don't understand spending a lot of money on the P3 and then skimping on a case, when a lot of damage can be caused transporting the P3P.

I have the B & W 61 case and also the DJI hard shell backpack. I use the DJI back pack a lot more because it is so user-friendly. It is an obvious thing to say but they are totally different products which have been designed for different purposes.

B & W case pros
1. It is very well made and provides the ultimate protection
2. You can leave the props attached
3. The pre cut foam fits the P3P, batteries etc. very well
4. It is reasonably priced compared to a number of other hard shell cases

B & W cons
1. It is heavy
2. It is bulkier that the DJI hard shell backpack

DJI hard shell backpack pros
1. Fits the P3 like a glove
2. Is well made
3. It is convenient to use
4. It is compact
5. It is light

DJI hard shell backpack cons
1. It is expensive
2. Props must be removed
3. Holds less than the B & W
4. Difficult to attach accessories if they don't fit in the backpack

Exactly how he said it, he is a 100% spot on.

What I have in my DJI backpack is everything I need, charger, props, ipad mini2, cables micro usb and apple lightning, micro sd usb readers.

But the original is expensive (I know I paid the freaking price) oh oh also I paid £169 for my B&W Type 61 (don't ask, it was that price when I bought it).

I'm now thinking of getting the other backpack by DJI :(

Reactions: cocoamedia

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic