Can't open the remote controller

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question, but I just got my Phantom 4 pro and fold up the device holder on the remote controller. The device holder seems to be stuck in the down position against the body of the remote controller. Anyone else have this problem? I am new to DJI products--was previously an Autel X-Star flyer.

Last edited:
Did you remove the clear tape? DJI uses a lot of that stuff. I found some more on the battery plug today too.

All tape is removed. Watched a bunch of unboxing videos of Phantoms and everyone just opens the clamp up easily. Attached a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1284.JPG
    IMG_1284.JPG
    394.5 KB · Views: 399
Try lifting just the front of the mount upward from the front of the remote controller. It should rotate around the point where it's attached to the aluminum mount.

Loosen the pivot screws (top one on Kevinusmas image) a bit that should do it. ...Do what msinger says first!!

Got it. Thanks. Needed a screwdriver to loosen the screw at the top. Odd that they would ship it like that (screw was really tight)

Got it. Thanks. Needed a screwdriver to loosen the screw at the top. Odd that they would ship it like that (screw was really tight)

That screw should be tight just enough to support the load of the monitoring device, it should not fall down on its own. It seems these assemblies are done manually and some get overtightened.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic