Can't decide...P3S or P3P

Okay guys, you've convinced me! refurb P3P it is! I'll let you know how the buying process goes. Any ideas on batteries? Do they ever go on sale?

I would take a look at this thread and see if you can get any $50 batteries from Target or Best Buy. In general people seem to have better luck at Best Buy and I did as well.

My P3P refurb from "Newegg" shipped free from DJI a couple weeks back (like 3 or 4 days shipping) was $579 waited a day & went up $10.. I positively could not tell it from a "new", except for the R (refurbished) in the serial number.
Everything was shrink wrapped like new, etc No bumps, scrapes, dents' nothing.. Flies wonderfully too.. Range? still too scared to find out.. so I just fly figure 8's forward & backward, learning the Home lock, course lock, waypoints soon.. I'm taking it slow for sure..
Purchased a pair of DJI OEM batteries from Wal-mart at $206 with free shipping..
Thanks too, to all of you who've answered my many questions thus far..

Reactions: Numone
P3P, you won't retreat it, refurbished from DJI with full warranty, you can't go wrong!

If they were on sale when I bought mine I would have bought the refurb pro. Love my standard, but if I get a couple hundred dollars that don't have a name yet I'm going to upgrade and sell the standard.

Search Phantom 3 pro refurbished on e bay.. $549 thru official DJI store.

Reactions: Jesse_M
Found my refurb'd P3P on Amazon a while back for $579. Looks like DJI will sometimes have some on their site and list some on Amazon. Mine came directly from DJI. Absolutely perfect when I got it and never regret my decision.

My P3P refurb from "Newegg" shipped free from DJI a couple weeks back (like 3 or 4 days shipping) was $579 waited a day & went up $10.. I positively could not tell it from a "new", except for the R (refurbished) in the serial number.
Everything was shrink wrapped like new, etc No bumps, scrapes, dents' nothing.. Flies wonderfully too.. Range? still too scared to find out.. so I just fly figure 8's forward & backward, learning the Home lock, course lock, waypoints soon.. I'm taking it slow for sure..
Purchased a pair of DJI OEM batteries from Wal-mart at $206 with free shipping..
Thanks too, to all of you who've answered my many questions thus far..
I got that refurbed deal on newegg also.... I looked it over with a microscope (not literally) and it appeared to be brand spanking new.. ..This was my 4th or 5th P3P and I was wanting to get a 4pro.. But at this price point and performance I couldn't resist.. Im going to enjoy the stew out of it until the 4pro plummets in price like the 3pro did.. I added a UAV antenna (alone no booster) and this new range will satisfy my quench for a while..

I got that refurbed deal on newegg also.... I looked it over with a microscope (not literally) and it appeared to be brand spanking new.. ..This was my 4th or 5th P3P and I was wanting to get a 4pro.. But at this price point and performance I couldn't resist.. Im going to enjoy the stew out of it until the 4pro plummets in price like the 3pro did.. I added a UAV antenna (alone no booster) and this new range will satisfy my quench for a while..

UAV antenna? What kind?

I would love to get the P3A as a middle price range, but they don't sell a refurb on the ebay site for that model unfortunately. Definitely leaning towards the P3P. I'm just wondering...how far can the p3s really go? beyond line of sight? or much shorter? i wonder if i'll truly need the extra range or not..
You probably fly most flights within the 500m range.
Here in Australia we need to fly within visual sight at any rate.
P3P is a classic bird in the whole range. I got it from the very first few birds when they released them and totally happy in every way with it, never had an issue either with it.

UAV antenna? What kind?
I got the "itelite" antenna (link below) .. and it made a considerable difference in clear transmission feed back to the controller in addition to much better range..
I had the windsurfers prior to the "itelite" and this is hands down better reception than the windsurfers.. (for me in a congested area..everyone might not have the same results)..

ITELITE - DJI Range Booster ITE-DBS02.2

I got the "itelite" antenna (link below) .. and it made a considerable difference in clear transmission feed back to the controller in addition to much better range..
I had the windsurfers prior to the "itelite" and this is hands down better reception than the windsurfers.. (for me in a congested area..everyone might not have the same results)..

ITELITE - DJI Range Booster ITE-DBS02.2

I've been thinking about one of those kits. Did you get the clean install kit too? How much better range on average did you achieve?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl