Cannot Take Off Probs

Reaction score
Whats happening yall, having some issues.

I have a P4P V1 that I fly regularly without issue. Since the new GeoFencing update, my drone will not take off. It says "cannot take off- in restricted airspace, must obtain authorization." I have up-to-date firmware, apps and everything. I know the locations are not restricted as I fly them regularly and also checked the Fly Safe map.

I called DJI support, which was useless, and they told me to delete the app and redownload it. I did, without prevail.

I also tried using Litchi to fly which will let me start up but also says it cant take off due to the restricted airspace.

Any ideas?

What's the latitude and longitude of the location where you're trying to fly? Are you able to fly in other locations?

I know the locations are not restricted as I fly them regularly and also checked the Fly Safe map.
What did the fly safe map tell you? There have been a few instances where DJI had added restricted airspace near small airports that actually don't exist any more. Many have been flying the same location for quite some time and now can't due to that. We can tell you with your Long and Lat...or a screen shot of what you are seeing.

What's the latitude and longitude of the location where you're trying to fly? Are you able to fly in other locations?
I dont have the Lat/Long with me. Im P107 as well and am within all clearances.

I have tried several locations, and used other peoples apps and phones to try with no results. No alteration will let me fly.

What did the fly safe map tell you? There have been a few instances where DJI had added restricted airspace near small airports that actually don't exist any more. Many have been flying the same location for quite some time and now can't due to that. We can tell you with your Long and Lat...or a screen shot of what you are seeing.

I fly at my home which I fly regularly. Thankfully, the new GeoFencing update allows me more room to fly.

I dont have the Lat/Long with me. Im P107 as well and am within all clearances.
Unfortunately, being P107 won't allow your drone to automatically take off in all locations.

Did you check the GEO map to see if those locations are restricted?

Did you try connecting your Phantom to the DJI Assistant 2 application to see if it offers to update the Fly Safe database?

Until the drone malfunctions and your screwed and DJI won't replace it.
This is incorrect. Firmware updates are ALWAYS at the Pilots option. There is nothing mandatory to them.

I have heard that both ways. From my previous experience with DJI and their warranty, I would not return my almost new V 2.0- to them for warranty work if the thing burned on the launch pad. I fought with them for a month last year trying to get them to just explain how a Phantom 4 could flip upside down and power dive into the ground if it was not defective and they refused to do so. I had to pay the repair bill and they denied the claim as pilot error and rough landing! Problem is, I knew this before I ever bought my first Phantom because I had done my research and knew they would not honor their warranty if there was any possible way to blame the pilot. I weighed the options and bought it anyway, hoping I'd be lucky and I lost. However when I upgraded to the P4 Pro V 2.0 in November, I again knew the risks and am basically flying without a warranty. I insured the drone through State Farm and again hoping I might get lucky. But I will never return any DJI product to them for repair! EVER!! I love the Phantom series but I realize I am taking a risk every time I fly based on previous experience. You will find others that have had great service out of DJI but both of them were lucky.

Good luck, you may need it.
Jim
WA5TEF

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic