Can you have too many drones?

Reaction score
As usual, I have gone overboard with my hobby. I now have a P3P, a Mavic Pro, and a Spark. Now this (my better half tells me) is ridiculous. I have to agree, it is a bit obsessive. So, which two to keep? I am thinking maybe the Spark for general mucking around, then one of the others. But which one? I like the portability of the Mavic, but I also like the stability of the P3P. Pose value gives the P3P a slight edge - they are an attention grabbing machine. I can’t tell the difference in photo and video quality with the stuff I take. I’ll also post this on the Mavivpilots site. It will be interesting to compare results.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

As usual, I have gone overboard with my hobby. I now have a P3P, a Mavic Pro, and a Spark. Now this (my better half tells me) is ridiculous. I have to agree, it is a bit obsessive. So, which two to keep? I am thinking maybe the Spark for general mucking around, then one of the others. But which one? I like the portability of the Mavic, but I also like the stability of the P3P. Pose value gives the P3P a slight edge - they are an attention grabbing machine. I can’t tell the difference in photo and video quality with the stuff I take. I’ll also post this on the Mavivpilots site. It will be interesting to compare results.

Is it just among the drones or is the 'better half' in the lineup too?:confused:

Keep all three.....and the " Wife " Too.
I read about many who sold them and wished they have them back....Dont be that guy.

I have an addictive personality. I tend to get in deep with whatever hobby I get into. I am an avid cyclist and let’s say I used to “collect” bicycles. In the cycling world we have an equation for what is the proper number of bicycles one should own. The equation n+1 represents this number. The variable “n” is the current number of whatever is being collected. Adding one to that number at any given time comes to an acceptable number. Don’t keep kid yourself in your in deep man..[emoji16][emoji16] keep your chin up and enjoy yourself as long as your wife lets you.

You really only have one more than a backup. And, selling one won't make you a lot of money. But if you still want to get down to two, wait until the next Phantom comes out, sell two, and upgrade in the process.

It is worse after Divorce!!! Now you have no controls in place and could tend to get carried away! If that is possible.

Hey GeeBee I'd get rid of better half and keep all three drones(,just kidding)I too have all three started with Phantom 2,when they were over $1,000 I paid $500,then came Spark $400 from DJI,then Mavic Pro Alpine white package,3 batteries $600 plus extras,priceless!!get rid of Phantom too big to take anyplace I've learned.Good-Luck

maybe sell all but one before rules and regs make it just too hard to fly anywhere and they end up sitting in your garage losing value.

P4P+, P3A, Mavic Air, that's I have. Funny that most of us with more than one drone have three. One old, one new and one portable. :)

No such thing as too many! My fleet fluctuates. I do at times decide to sell off one or more, only to buy different ones later. However, that is my decision and usually because I just don't fly some of them. I'm at 6 right now, and with Spring coming we shall see which ones get used most.

Reactions: SteveP55

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20