LOST DJI MAVIC PRO=can you guys help in anyway you can contribute

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have been flying drones now going on almost 3 years. I used to use a DJI Phantom 3 Advance for about 2 years & change And don't get me wrong I absolutely loved it. But I would say about 4-5 months ago I wanna head and updated to a DJI Mavic Pro. *And I absolutely loved-still do love it * And I would consider myself a very advanced pilot and understand how do use different types of software with my drones. Unfortunately and October 27, 2017 my DJI Mavic Went down due to a problem with the software in lichi app. Now I can tell you I have flown over 20 waypoint missions in it is always R th if there was a problem and never continued the mission completely for example.. But something happened where it didn't RTH And/or should say didn't do what was specified in the software settings that I had when I took off. In center wasn't using the DJI go app I guess that it is not covered because it's considered a 3rd party app even know it's completely software related in the drone going down. Now my issue is I have an idea of where the drone when down. It went down in a very nice housing community here in Vegas called Spanish Trails. NoW, It is just a pain i* t** a** just to get in there to look for my drone but I have been able to get in there 3 times but to no Avail been able to find my drone. When I go to lichi and I click on find my drawn it is telling me that it is in a certain spot i.e.-a very large tree which I have been there 3 times now And even with binoculars looking up I do not see it in the tree and And completely befuddled as the days go on getting a little more irritated and to be completely honest sad. And since I didn't use the DJI go app I don't have a live flight log record of where it went down . I have Uploaded my flight logs to healthy drones and to litchi and When I go click on the setting that says find my droneit is telling me that it is in this tree. My drum did go down one time before and the lost my drone function worked perfectly so I don't know if I'm just fooling myself but I'm continually giving myself hope that it is in the top of destry and I guess I have to wait until more the leaves die as fall comes along to be able to see on the top of it. I have even flown 1 of my friends drones To look down on the tree but I did not see it. But now I have examined the KML files and the CSV files And I had one of my friends look in no there's a chance that maybe my drone landed in a different location. And if it did land in this different location it's about 2:00 to 3:00 yd away so it's not very far. In all honesty I'm hoping that it did land in the tree that way nobody can take it. I was just putting this out there that maybe if somebody can reply to me and I can send you the CSV and the KML files That maybe somebody can look into it and tell me for sure where went down that way I can go to this gated community and have a better look. And I know the magic grow and you guys know that it has sensors to try to land in the Best possible spot but the flight in question was during night so chances are those obstacle avoidance sensors didnt work and could have possibly kanded maybe on top of a house or in a different tree etc. I have seen people in this app that seem wonderful to invest your time in order to help other people find their drone or answer questions and I have never posted anything until right now. I feel bad taking anyone's time but I was just wondering if anybody is willing to help me examine the log files that I have in Maybe you know a little more in that subject than I do and would be able to assist me in a better location to look then we're have been able to look when I'm able to get in the gated community with security. So before I even get to talk to anybody I'm just throwing this out there that I greatly appreciate anyone's time and efforts to help me, it really does mean a lot. Thank you guys and have a wonderful night.
Brian Blessing Jr
[email protected]
[email protected]
(702)561-6461

If you have read this post and don't mind helping me out just contact me and I will be happy to send you the CSV and the KML files And whatever else you need that I would be Happy to provide

KML and CSV files from flight on October 27th, 2017
DISCLAIMER: I have said that the flight took place on October 27, 2017 but I have to revise that because I meant October 17th 2017 and I believe 8:54 p.m. or 8:45 p.m. that night. Again everyone thank you very much for whoever's able to try to help me I cannot begin to express my gratitude for whoever can contribute time and effort. And believe me if you can help me definitively with cordinated of where the drone went down Any time anyone comes to Las Vegas who even just tried to help me dinner's on me. For some reason, but to
72117d2107b6aabed648024916d297c5.jpg
f33feb414879d201776cb7c520dbb26a.jpg
be honest this my 1st time trying to post a topic on Phantom pilots, it wouldn't let me just post the KML + CSV files so it looked like it was gonna let me attach a zip file so I did attach those 2 files along with some files(photos and anything else I belieb Would let you guys take A look at Maybe make it easier for you to come up with an answer of where the drone with a higher percentage Of where the drone hopefully landed. Thanks again.
BBlessing
[email protected]

Here, maybe this will work Because when I have see all of you ladies and gentleman who post on here are very knowledgeable

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

f66f7d57814887308debfd3811bd9871.jpg

41844d92d7944aebe4b24f016e4467ed.jpg

41ed65ce5c9ddec74cc9e270c7a196bb.jpg

b5d1999a89a08d14ecc64fe42bf91369.jpg

13b36f3ef93b8f4304cda88be9237b0a.jpg

89c54ad91c4beee5db82c25b20114206.jpg

[email protected]
(702)561-6461

*I'm sorry guys but it won't let me attach to CSV and the KML files or at least I don't know how to do it*
My apologies= If somebody can post our maybe text me or email me to how to just attach the CSV and KML files Ill podt it ASAP

*I'm sorry guys but it won't let me attach to CSV and the KML files or at least I don't know how to do it*
My apologies= If somebody can post our maybe text me or email me to how to just attach the CSV and KML files Ill post it ASAP
Without data, no-one can start to help.
You could post the link to the Airdata report.

Without data, no-one can start to help.
You could post the link to the Airdata report.
http:// app.airdata.com/main?share=arVUgN

See if that works, obviously move back the app. One space back because when I copy and pasted it overwrited the actual link. Thank You for your reply tho, much obliged...

Sorry, the link was in the top picture above, my apologizies, but heres the link: LMK if that link is good and gets tou any data that you can disect and help me out with youre thoughts and opinions

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
This link is the good one.
Can you post a screenshot from Litchi to show what the mission was?
Of particular interest is the last waypoint/s ... can you zoom on on this for detail please?
It looks like a straight line going out at least 13700 ft but what you had planned after that isn't clear.
What action did you have set out there?

It was suppose to just fly, straight down that path, one way, no return back, and it was set to NONE as final action.
BASICALLY, I was gonna basically get to work, and when I did take control of it and land it.. And I can't believe I'm saying this it's very weird Ivan I have that way point save the last mission of blue on the 17th when I just tried to take a screenshot of it and it is no longer in my lichi saved folder for waypoints WTF. SORRY. But yeah it was a one way mission and I was gonna take control when I got to work and land it in the parking lot. But as soon as I had the chance I went back to where MY APPROXIMATION OF WHERE IT WENT DOWN and find my drone said was in the tree but I'm almost positive it landed near those group of 4 houses(like 300yards approx East) If you download the KML file into 3d google earth That's where it looks like the bar goes down but when I say find my drone it's up West a good deal

Sorry, That's stupid auto correct missed up a few sentences in last post. You're supposed to say that I can't believe I'm saying this and I have seen it recently but my way point mission for that final flight on October 17 is NO LONGER saved in my WAYPOINT FOLDER IN Litchi

It was suppose to just fly, straight down that path, one way, no return back, and it was set to NONE as final action.
BASICALLY, I was gonna basically get to work, and when I did take control of it and land it.. And I can't believe I'm saying this it's very weird Ivan I have that way point save the last mission of blue on the 17th when I just tried to take a screenshot of it and it is no longer in my lichi saved folder for waypoints WTF. SORRY. But yeah it was a one way mission and I was gonna take control when I got to work and land it in the parking lot. But as soon as I had the chance I went back to where MY APPROXIMATION OF WHERE IT WENT DOWN and find my drone said was in the tree but I'm almost positive it landed near those group of 4 houses(like 300yards approx East) If you download the KML file into 3d google earth That's where it looks like the bar goes down but when I say find my drone it's up West a good deal
Sorry but there isn't much to go on.
You sent your Mavic out on a one-way waypoint mission and left it hovering at 653 feet and 2.6 miles away with the battery at 77%.
That's all we can tell from the data as there is no data after that.
How long did you leave the Mavic hovering there?

I've never left a drone hovering for long after a waypoint mission to find out when/if RTH initiates because of distance and battery level.
When it gets to critical low level, it's going to autoland wherever it is.
Find my drone is only going to give you the last point where the controller had signal from the drone.
That might or might not be where the drone came down.
Does it give you an altitude?

Sorry, That's stupid auto correct missed up a few sentences in last post. You're supposed to say that I can't believe I'm saying this and I have seen it recently but my way point mission for that final flight on October 17 is NO LONGER saved in my WAYPOINT FOLDER IN Litchi

You sent your Mavic out on a one-way waypoint mission and left it hovering at 653 feet and 2.6 miles away with the battery at 77%.

I've never left a drone hovering for long after a waypoint mission to find out when/if RTH initiates because of distance and battery level.
Find my drone is only going to give you the last point where the controller had signal from the drone.
33bc98043621428826920df6fccc61bf.jpg

3d185da7cbefb55e1ea3a675631b2f21.jpg

Thanks Meta 4 everything so far. Does this picture help at all, in regards to altitude? A post this picture and hopefully this is the information that you require. I thought with that link that I posted that you would have access to look onto all my information regarding that flight from Airdata if theres else you need just posted another bank to soon as possible thank you again for all your work...

Thanks Meta 4 everything so far. Does this picture help at all, in regards to altitude? A post this picture and hopefully this is the information that you require. I thought with that link that I posted that you would have access to look onto all my information regarding that flight from Airdata if theres else you need just posted another bank to soon as possible thank you again for all your work...
Sorry but the Airdata data isn't much help.
It has recorded the flight to the last waypoint and stopped there without telling us anything of what happened after that.
The second last line (3377) in the CSV data has the Phantom 653 feet up in the air and flying at 25 mph.
The last line (3378) is timestamped 1/10th of a second later.
It shows zero for the altitude and speed values (as well as many other parameters).
This last line is not reliable as it would take 3:37 just to descend from 653 ft and the other values would not be really showing zero either.
The location and altitude from the Find my Phantom comes from the data in the last line.
So Airdata gives us no record of what happened after the Phantom reached the last waypoint.
i-5Bfgpg2-L.jpg

This is what shows on Google Earth.
What looks like a descent is just one data point at zero altitude after the flight - what the CSV data gives us.
So this is not recorded data showing a descent.

Perhaps the Phantom did descend there once it got to critical low battery but we don't have any data to show that it did.
One last chance might be to upload the CSV file from Litchi to Phantomhelp and post a link to what it gives you.
Go here and follow the instructions: DJI Flight Log Viewer
If Litchi continued recording after the last waypoint, that will be useful but I suspect it will just show what Airdata has given.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1