Can we charge the receiver and the battery at the same time

Reaction score
3dee04cf22a850e3f9ba6e57a5cd136d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: frands1
I believe it is recommended to charge only one at a time, either the battery or the RC.

I do not find any recommendation in their manual saying that

I do not find any recommendation in their manual saying that

By using that same logic, it doesn't say you can either. :)

The P3 definitely said not to charge both at once... I assume it is the same with the P4.

there's nothing that says one way or the other. Their quick start 'implies' its ok to dual charge. I would sure hope that they would specify it if it's NOT recommended, but I have found their literature lacking and while I do like my P4, I find the company is not very trustworthy IMO and I plan to charge only one at a time.

I've read the issue with dual charging with previous versions was the charger overheating. I charged both at the same time before I knew about the earlier issues and noted no heat build up while charging both.

I like to have my battery and remote fully charged every time before each flight although I know that the remote does not need to be charged each time. And it would be more convenient to just plug both in the charger . I did not want to do that till I get a final word from DJI

I have charged both at the same time and found no problems.

Scant info in the literature. But it did say in the P3A manual not to charge both. So I'm going to adhere to that until a tested third party one comes out.

If they both just need a top up I do it often. If either are needing a full charge probably not. It gets hot if both are charging for a long time. That said if that's the case it's probably not good to do at all. Mine still works fine but I've always been conscious of the heat.

I charged both at the same time last night for the first time. The charge pack was pretty hot until the battery was charged then it cooled down. I might just charge one at a time moving forward.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I believe that it was only for the P3A due to the lower power (wattage) charger. I have always charged my P3P and controller together and also my P4 with no issues. They have 100 Watt chargers.

I had the triple charger (Thor) for my P3P and charged three batteries and the remote at the same time with no problems. I have also charged the remote and one battery on the P4 at the same time, no problems.

You got scammed by the Thor charger? The charger sold everywhere for $50 and up marked by a company for $100? Did you also by the $499 Itelite "long range extender"? Lmao.

I had the triple charger (Thor) for my P3P and charged three batteries and the remote at the same time with no problems. I have also charged the remote and one battery on the P4 at the same time, no problems.

I believe that it was only for the P3A due to the lower power (wattage) charger. I have always charged my P3P and controller together and also my P4 with no issues. They have 100 Watt chargers.

I was under the same impression.

I read somewhere that it messes with the intelligent flight battery?

Why would they put two plugs, on the same charger?

And why is dji, not saying anything about charging both at same time.

I thought of buying another charger from dji.com

But they dont have it yet, anybody know when?

And i want propeller guards to fly in the house for testing.

I scared the heck out of myself, when I couldn't control it, seem like the propellers are causing a strong draft, pushing the P4 towards the wall, at times

Reactions: zacksomeone

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl