RC Won't Charge

Reaction score
Hi! I bought my Phantom 3 Adv new about 8 years ago. The RC never had issues. I don't fly that often. Seems about a year ago my RC would start to charge, I'd get a few flashing lights, they'd go out and would only have 2 or 3 lights on. I'll plug it back in, it'll charge for a few minutes and stop. I wouldn't be surprised if the batteries were bad after this many years but I've read that it might not be the batteries. I can't find the actual battery percentage in the DJI Go app (ver 3.1) although seems I remember seeing it just yesterday? I've tried resetting the RC (2 back buttons and the rec button, beeped). Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Phantom 4p remotes had a problem where they would never charge fully, 4 lights. My remote would charge to 75% and be dead after flying 3-4 drone batts. There's a Youtube video that shows you how to take apart the remote and reflow a particular component on the main board. I did that a few times, but the remote would always revert back to not fully charging. I found out that I could submit a repair ticket and for $90 DJI would send me a new/refurb remote, which is what I eventually did.

Reactions: Jumpyman
As above, i have a guy in the Uk that does the reflow work, its about temp and time to get the repair to work, but there isnt always a guaranteed fix, best bet is to find a new remote

Reactions: Jumpyman
Phantom 4p remotes had a problem where they would never charge fully, 4 lights. My remote would charge to 75% and be dead after flying 3-4 drone batts. There's a Youtube video that shows you how to take apart the remote and reflow a particular component on the main board. I did that a few times, but the remote would always revert back to not fully charging. I found out that I could submit a repair ticket and for $90 DJI would send me a new/refurb remote, which is what I eventually did.
Hey Cneedelman! That sounds like a better option than looking for an RC on ebay. Did a quick search and used, un-refurbed remotes are like $130 or more. . .thanks again :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl