Can someone please look at my DAT file to see why my drone wont fly straight

@blong10 According to the data, the yaw seperation is basically the same for flight and during RTH. If you are doing another test flight, make sure you don't touch the left stick after reaching altitude and direction.

@blong10,
I just read the last three posts. I really don't have any thing more to add yet, flyD or others analyzing the data has to be your best information, other than keeping this thread somewhat busy and somebody else sharing there findings.

Rod

Last edited:
@blong10 ... For notation, the first .txt file you posted, shows an IMU Positioning error at ~80 seconds and remained fro the entire flight. That being said, the second .txt file you posted ( DJIFlightRecord_2019-10-24_[17-29-27].txt ) does not show this error and that flight matches up with FLY489.

I am not seeing much of a deviation in the angles.

Below is the first .txt log that shows the positioning error in shaded pink.

Position Error.PNG

Your flight profile looks straight and even to me.

Capture.PNG

The gimbal YAW matches the aircraft YAW so I would dought that this is related to the gimbal.

1572021159349.png

Here is the video of my latest flight. Can you guys please watch it and see what you think. I noticed the drift around the 2:40 mark like it's off center or something then again at 5:16. Other times it looks good like at the beginning. Maybe I'm crazy. ?

Can I upload the flight log from this video and can you please take a look at it. To see if the camera is straight

Can I upload the flight log from this video and can you please take a look at it. To see if the camera is straight
As noted above, the gimbal is alligned with the front of the aircraft. Yes, you can upload the data from this flight, and when I get the chance I will try and sync it with the video to form a better conclusion, if possible.

@blong10 ... For notation, the first .txt file you posted, shows an IMU Positioning error at ~80 seconds and remained fro the entire flight. That being said, the second .txt file you posted ( DJIFlightRecord_2019-10-24_[17-29-27].txt ) does not show this error and that flight matches up with FLY489.

I am not seeing much of a deviation in the angles.

Below is the first .txt log that shows the positioning error in shaded pink.

View attachment 115227

Your flight profile looks straight and even to me.

View attachment 115228

The gimbal YAW matches the aircraft YAW so I would dought that this is related to the gimbal.

View attachment 115229

Thank you so much for analyzing this. Please see the video I posted and the times I referenced and see if I'm crazwa
As noted above, the gimbal is alligned with the front of the aircraft. Yes, you can upload the data from this flight, and when I get the chance I will try and sync it with the video to form a better conclusion, if possible.

Thank you so much!! I can upload it tonight

Please see the video I posted and the times I referenced and see if I'm crazwa
There is another way to do this as well. If it were me, I would fly a Waypoint Mission, either with GO4 or Litchi. That way you eliminate the variable of the RC. If the drift is there ( more than a few degrees ) then you know it is an aircraft issue.

There is another way to do this as well. If it were me, I would fly a Waypoint Mission, either with GO4 or Litchi. That way you eliminate the variable of the RC. If the drift is there ( more than a few degrees ) then you know it is an aircraft issue.

Ok I'll try this tonight also. Thanks!

I could also try tap to fly cant I. That would make it fly straight and see if it's a RC issue. Because if it flys straight under this and not using the RC I would say the RC is the culprit.

I could also try tap to fly cant I. That would make it fly straight and see if it's a RC issue. Because if it flys straight under this and not using the RC I would say the RC is the culprit.
The only issue there is, if I am not mistaken, tap to fly is only "Auto-Takeoff". The aircraft will only lift off and hover. What you need is a long straight run. The road by your launch point certainly looks straight enough as a bearing point. If you look at this quick sample from Litchi, you will see what I mean. From Waypoint 2 to Waypoint 3 is ~ .4miles. That should be plenty of distance to notate any drifting.

Litchi 2.png

@blong10 Before going too much farther with testing, I'd like to have @sar104 and/or @BudWalker take a look at your logs if they have the time. They are much better in diagnosing an IMU issue ( If there is one ) than myself.

@blong10 Before going too much farther with testing, I'd like to have @sar104 and/or @BudWalker take a look at your logs if they have the time. They are much better in diagnosing an IMU issue ( If there is one ) than myself.

I was watching the thread, as it happens. I'd like to see the DAT file (mobile device or aircraft) for the flight shown in post #25.

Is that the log from the video above?
Maybe, but the last Dat I saw was.....FLY489.......Will see what the OP says.

I would really like to upload my new video I did today with the flight log and DAT. It was acting up a lot.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20