Can I use a Inspire 1 Remote Controller for my P4?

You need to link the remote controller to the Phantom like this:

That remote controller contains a GPS receiver. That'll come in handy if you use the Follow Me flight mode or ever need to reset the home point to your location after taking off.
It also has better range than the stock GL300C RC that comes with the P4.

Although the GL658 works with P4 much better than the stock GL300C, and I highly recommend it for that, you may want to keep the GL300C for updating the craft, if you're the type to want to update with new firmware. Although the GL658 won't suffice to update your craft firmware, you can do that with digital assistant 2 if you don't have the GL300C controller. I recommending not updating, unless there's a compelling reason to. In the case of pairing a GL658 to a P4, the vintage of firmware for the controller and the craft "may" be out of sync if you run into issues, but frankly I don't think you'll have any issues. If you do, update both to the most recent firmware and that will work. If you can keep old firmware, before June 2017 on your craft, there are other freedoms you can open the door to later.

@Dacon Productions is right, the stock P4 controller GL300C is a POS, the weakest controller DJI has made to date.
I have a related question. So if using the GL658 Controller with your Phantom 4, you can confirm the following:

1) Better Tx/Rx than stock?
2) You also get an HDMI out, of which is my main driver. When using HDMI out with the DJI Googles, can you also have the iPad connected too? In theory you can, but in fact? I know the Googles would just be for visual and no control.
2b) And IF both the ipad and DJI googles are connected, iPad to USB & Googles to HDMI, then basically, the Googles are displaying and/or mirror the iPad? Wouldn't this be a way to also use Litchi? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have a related question. So if using the GL658 Controller with your Phantom 4, you can confirm the following:

1) Better Tx/Rx than stock?
2) You also get an HDMI out, of which is my main driver. When using HDMI out with the DJI Googles, can you also have the iPad connected too? In theory you can, but in fact? I know the Googles would just be for visual and no control.
2b) And IF both the ipad and DJI googles are connected, iPad to USB & Googles to HDMI, then basically, the Googles are displaying and/or mirror the iPad? Wouldn't this be a way to also use Litchi? Thanks in advance.
1. YES, it equals what I got with my P3P, which is much better range, 2-3 miles. Using a windsurfer helps too.
2. YES, YES, YES
2B. YES, YES

You can read the details of my testing here.

I have a GL658 for sale if interested, $250. I'm selling my P4, so I don't need it anymore.

1. YES, it equals what I got with my P3P, which is much better range, 2-3 miles. Using a windsurfer helps too.
2. YES, YES, YES
2B. YES, YES

You can read the details of my testing here.

I have a GL658 for sale if interested, $250. I'm selling my P4, so I don't need it anymore.
Thanks John. So if I make sure that both the RC and AC are using the latest firmware, (AC already is at this moment), then I should not have an issue linking the GL658C, the Phantom 4 using Go4?

No,
Thanks John. So if I make sure that both the RC and AC are using the latest firmware, (AC already is at this moment), then I should not have an issue linking the GL658C, the Phantom 4 using Go4?
No, I have no data for current firmware compatibility. My setup is over 2yrs old and I NEVER update firmware unless I'm forced to for some reason. Good luck.

You may be better off using NOLIMITDRONZ.COM to get better range.

Quick question, I know this thread is kinda old. So when you linked the Gl658 to the P4, does the lights on the bird and RC turn green?
I somehow managed to get them linked, light on the controller is green but the light on the bird blinks red. The app shows I'm connected, I get image on my phone, bird starts and flies but the blinking red light bothers me a bit. I do get gps lock and the go fly message
I have a GL658A if that means anything.

Sorry, I didn't clarify my question better.
The red light I'm referring to is the bind light, next to the sd card slot.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT