Can I use a Inspire 1 Remote Controller for my P4?

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to purchase a Inspire 1 GL658C remote controller. Can I use this Tx as a substitute for my original P4 controller and if so;
1) will it give a greater signal strength?
2) What's the difference between the A,B and C?
3) In the forums opinion, is it worth the $500 to spend?
I could use the feedback,
Thanks,
J

There is another post with a similar question, looked like it worked for them, I personally have never tried, I have both aircraft. P3 or Inspire 1 Remote with P4

Yes ryantrax, I believe I've seen it also somewhere but i don't think there was enough evidence (correct me if I'm wrong) to support the $ on a used controller. it would be nice to hear from some more people that might have had experience with using the GL658 with the P4.

Can I use this Tx as a substitute for my original P4 controller
Yes. I own the GL658C and have linked it with my P4.

Use it all the time. Much better than the POS OEM from P4/P4P.

Reactions: John Locke
Thanks for the feed back!
:)
Although the GL658 works with P4 much better than the stock GL300C, and I highly recommend it for that, you may want to keep the GL300C for updating the craft, if you're the type to want to update with new firmware. Although the GL658 won't suffice to update your craft firmware, you can do that with digital assistant 2 if you don't have the GL300C controller. I recommending not updating, unless there's a compelling reason to. In the case of pairing a GL658 to a P4, the vintage of firmware for the controller and the craft "may" be out of sync if you run into issues, but frankly I don't think you'll have any issues. If you do, update both to the most recent firmware and that will work. If you can keep old firmware, before June 2017 on your craft, there are other freedoms you can open the door to later.

@Dacon Productions is right, the stock P4 controller GL300C is a POS, the weakest controller DJI has made to date.

Last edited:
Hi,
I've been reading this post with a lot of interest. I own a phantom 4 pro and have just bought an Inspire 1 with only one remote.
I would like to :
- Bind my Inspire 1 radio to my phantom 4 pro to use the hdmi output and for a better range ;
- Bind my Phantom 4 pro remote to my Inspire 1 to use it as a slave one.

I saw some says here they did bind the GL658 to the Phantom 4 pro. I tried it yesterday but nothing...

Phantom 4 pro uses DJI GO 4 app and Inspire 1 is on DJI GO. Each time I launch GO 4 with the inspire remote, I can't access to the cam view.

Every firmwares are updated.

Someone can help and tell me the process for binding in this case ?

And if it is possible in the other sense, please, feel free to tell me as well.

Thanks a lot for your help !

Fly Safe and Responsibly !

Reactions: Jeff
Alright... so P4 can bind but not P4P ? : (
Look like I'll have to buy another remote to use my Inspire's master/slave mode...
And an hdmi output module to use my P4P with goggles...
Unless... I can switch the output module from an Inspire remote (the slave one) with the usb module from the P4P radio. Do you think that would be compatible ?
Anyway, thanks a lot for taking the time to answer me !!!

Last edited:
Yes I saw this module and I think, believe (and hope :) that it is the same version dji has installed on the inspire radio. In fact, they just sell one hdmi output. So big chances it will be the same.
I'll let a post here when I'll have the second inspire remote and change the output modules with my P4P.
And if anyone has an idea on how to bind the Inspire radio to the P4P during this time, tell me !
Enjoy your flights !

Yes I saw this module and I think, believe (and hope :) that it is the same version dji has installed on the inspire radio. In fact, they just sell one hdmi output. So big chances it will be the same.
I'll let a post here when I'll have the second inspire remote and change the output modules with my P4P.
And if anyone has an idea on how to bind the Inspire radio to the P4P during this time, tell me !
Enjoy your flights !

I can confirm that one for you.
The hdmi module from the inspires will fit directly into any GL300F series controller. The HDMI board part number actually says "Phantom 3", they all do. It confuses buyers thinking they purchased the wrong board for their P4.

I bought a used GL658C and swapped the HDMI into my P4P GL300F, so it does work. Now it has HDMI out.

Be cautious though, the standard USB and micro usb board fro the standard GL300F (P4P) will fit into the GL658C but the controller will fail to link to the app, tablet etc. The Inspire controllers are made to ONLY work with the hdmi out style boards. Swapping back hdmi into it resumes normal function. Just as a heads up if you plan on selling off the GL658C after the board swap lol. Someone tried that with me on ebay.

As for the statements that GL658C is better than the GL300C, I'm not too sure where that is coming from. I dont have a P4 to test it but from the logic, the GL658C would only work with the DJI GO app, the P4 GL300C uses the DJI GO 4 App. So even if it all worked, you are now stuck using an older app or require the DJI GO app and DJI GO app 4 for no reason.

Sidenote, you can use the Inspire 2 controller with the phantom 4 PRO for better gimbal yaw control :) turn off audio to save your ears.

Inspire 2 controller = 6010
Buy Inspire 2 Remote Controller

Yes. I own the GL658C and have linked it with my P4.
So you CAN use the Inspire radio with a phantom 4? That’s great! I have the radio from an Inspire 1 V2.0 and a Phantom 4. What needs to be done in order to use that radio. Also, what is the advantage, if any. Thanks in advance!

What needs to be done in order to use that radio
You need to link the remote controller to the Phantom like this:

what is the advantage
That remote controller contains a GPS receiver. That'll come in handy if you use the Follow Me flight mode or ever need to reset the home point to your location after taking off.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl