Linked P4 to Inspire 1 RC

Reaction score
  1. I Linked my P4 to my Inspire 1 RC that I was using as a slave. Everything worked ok even the HDMI I was able to use my Zeiss Cinemizer with the P4. Also the Inspire controller has a DBS mod on it but I didn't get a chance to test if for range. I am just going to keep that RC set up for longer range or better feedback, than I can link to my Inspire 1, PH3P and now my PH4 with it and have longer range and HDMI output. It only takes a few seconds to link controllers to aircraft.

Last edited:
  1. I Linked my P4 to my Inspire 1 RC that I was using as a slave. Everything worked ok even the HDMI I was able to use my Zeiss Cinemizer with the P4. Also the Inspire controller has a DBS mod on it but I didn't get a chance to test if for range. I am just going to keep that RC set up for longer range or better feedback, than I can link to my Inspire 1, PH3P and now my PH4 with it and have longer range and HDMI output. It only takes a few seconds to link controllers to aircraft.
i just did the same thing... All you need is two inspire controllers and walla... just tried it yesterday

Reactions: Richard in ky
Yup, I'm using. A P3 remote for my P4, it was much better, but instead of buying the HDMI module, I'm going to just either get an inspire in eBay for $1500 new, or at least the remote. Flying from in the AC house and using the curved 4K tv has advantages, and the more powerful remote makes the amps work better
5bedf935d38098c2779b6649585db23d.jpg
d492278a4071f81d8a7ca5e9f86f43d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

i just did the same thing... All you need is two inspire controllers and walla... just tried it yesterday
I just bind anytime I need it. Running P3 P4 with Inspire remote. Just missing certain Functions that come with P4. I will get it soon enough!
Anyone that can chime in on this would be helpful to all off us.:cool:

How did you link the I1 controller to the P4? Also does it effect the current binding with my I1? My controller was destroyed and I don't have $ or time to buy new one. I have a job and need to get my P4 up. Any tips would be appreciated.

How did you link the I1 controller to the P4? Also does it effect the current binding with my I1? My controller was destroyed and I don't have $ or time to buy new one. I have a job and need to get my P4 up. Any tips would be appreciated.
To start with, both the controller and the craft need to have compatible generation firmware. So if you have an old Inspire controller from 2015 that's never been updated, you'll need to update the RC firmware, and the same with the P4. My Inspire RC was from March 2015, GL658A, so I had to update my FW in the RC to be compatible with current gen craft FW and Go app.. With that accomplished I updated the P4 with new firmware using the stock GL300C controller. Both updates went fine, but were independent from each other on the same day. My versions are noted in my signature. After I had matching generation FW in the GL658A and my P4 craft, I updated my Go app. Then I simply linked both together using the link function in the Go app, while pushing the little link button hole with a paperclip, located on the craft, just right of the SD slot.

Big ups and a thank you my man! I just sent the Inspire remote out for a range mod and will be using it exactly as you laid out. Even looking for a second to do the HDMI work around mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

7837670b9af954283db418b0d30bf7b4.jpg
so I got my modded Inspire 1 remote back and it paired right up with my P4. No more carrying around multiple remotes for jobs. I will post an update on how it flys.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

To start with, both the controller and the craft need to have compatible generation firmware. So if you have an old Inspire controller from 2015 that's never been updated, you'll need to update the RC firmware, and the same with the P4. My Inspire RC was from March 2015, GL658A, so I had to update my FW in the RC to be compatible with current gen craft FW and Go app.. With that accomplished I updated the P4 with new firmware using the stock GL300C controller. Both updates went fine, but were independent from each other on the same day. My versions are noted in my signature. After I had matching generation FW in the GL658A and my P4 craft, I updated my Go app. Then I simply linked both together using the link function in the Go app, while pushing the little link button hole with a paperclip, located on the craft, just right of the SD slot.
Hello John, I m trying to upgrade my GL658C controller (which is on FW ver 1.7.80) and then bind it to my P4, but it is stuck in upgrade mode (steady cyan light on). In this mode, I can't bind it to the craft. Is there a step I am missing?

TIA.

Hello John, I m trying to upgrade my GL658C controller (which is on FW ver 1.7.80) and then bind it to my P4, but it is stuck in upgrade mode (steady cyan light on). In this mode, I can't bind it to the craft. Is there a step I am missing?

TIA.
What craft firmware to you have in the P4?

I can't help you much with your specific issue, as I haven't see that issue. I assumed that before tried the upgrade that you tried to link the GL658 RC to the P4 and it wouldn't link, is that correct?

Can you get the RC to boot at all now, or is it bricked? If it's bricked, you may need to reprogram with an SD card to an older firmware version, and then upgrade from there. That process is covered in the Inspire 1 download release notes if you'd like to try that, assuming it's bricked. If you can boot the RC, try resetting it to factory original through the GO app.

What craft firmware to you have in the P4?

I can't help you much with your specific issue, as I haven't see that issue. I assumed that before tried the upgrade that you tried to link the GL658 RC to the P4 and it wouldn't link, is that correct?

Can you get the RC to boot at all now, or is it bricked? If it's bricked, you may need to reprogram with an SD card to an older firmware version, and then upgrade from there. That process is covered in the Inspire 1 download release notes if you'd like to try that, assuming it's bricked. If you can boot the RC, try resetting it to factory original through the GO app.

I have been able to downgrade the P4 to FW 1.02.602. I used a USB thumbdrive to downgrade the RC to 1.06 - on connecting the DJI GO app, the RC has a steady green light and has upgraded to v1.9.2. Can it bind to the P4 with this FW on the RC (even with P4 model not available for selection on the app?)

Code:
====================
Packet:
/mnt/usb/C1_FW_V01.06.0000.bin,
Upgrading ...
Result: Success

I have been able to downgrade the P4 to FW 1.02.602. I used a USB thumbdrive to downgrade the RC to 1.06 - on connecting the DJI GO app, the RC has a steady green light and has upgraded to v1.9.2. Can it bind to the P4 with this FW on the RC (even with P4 model not available for selection on the app?)

Code:
====================
Packet:
/mnt/usb/C1_FW_V01.06.0000.bin,
Upgrading ...
Result: Success
On the home page of the app, where you see the picture of the Inspire, you can pull down options for other craft. Choose the P4, then link the craft.

After it's linked, when you turn on the craft using the Inspire controller, it will sense the P4 and revert to the P4 version of the app automatically.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj