Can I install a mini winch to my Phantom 4 pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello all, I would like to know is it possible to install/ apply a mini winch ( RC car use) to my Phantom 4 pro?
As I am an employee with a environment monitor team, and our team duties mainly focusing on the algae.
We are now planing to deploy our drone for water sampling if there is a Harmful Algae Bloom in coastal area, and it seems it is not a good idea to attach our sampler with a long rope (swing and losing balance).
And we realize there is some functional mini winch in RC car, so we would like to know if it is possible grafting the winch to our drone?

Thank You

I'm not an expert, just a flyer. From drone fishing, we make sure the leader is a meter long. It helps prevent "the pendulum affect". I pull fishing line with weight and bait with my Phantom 4 standard out to 1,500 feet with no problem. It is not an answer to your question, but gives you an idea of the drones capabilities.
Carefully calculating the weight versus distance, I see no reason why it couldn't be reasonable done. I made a homemade device for fishing mounted in the back of my drone, centered forward as not to interfere with the camera.

No need to start two identical threads.

Reactions: dirkclod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.