Camera Settings and Shutter Buttons not availablie

Reaction score
My drone flies wonderfully and there is an image coming through on the DJI go app. However I'm not able to take photos or videos, adjust settings or even reformat my sd because the buttons are simply not there in the DJI go app on iOS (photo attached) and greyed out on android. I have tried different phones and cards, deleting and redownloading the app, reformatting my sd's, relinking my rc to the drone, but nothing has worked. I have tried updating my firmware but that has consistently failed. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 404
Welcome to the Forum!

No reason duplicate your posts, ether one is in the correct area, somebody will respond.

Rod

Questions...
#1 Did it used to work?
#2 Doesn't look like you got any telemetry / data maybe because no satellite signal and your indoors?
Scratch #2, I see signal level and battery now.

Your Turn... ;)

Rod

Ok, new,
#2 Status lights on Remote and Phantom, (the how you know your linked), they must be both green?
#3 Can you move the camera with the remote and the app?

Rod

Ok got one more.
#4 What is the light doing on the gimbal, with a SD card and without?

Rod

Thanks Rod, wasn't sure which thread was the right for this type of issue.

1. Yes, it used to work well.
2. status light on remote is green, lights on phantom are blinking yellow
3. I can move camera on remote but not in the app
4. with sd gimbal light is green, without it is red

CORRECTION: light on phantom started blinking green when I brought it outside. the yellow must have been the lack of gps

Status light on Phantom is not the front or rear lights, it is the light by the link button.

Rod

OK, we need to keep this thread busy.
I know somebody knows. :rolleyes:

"Yes, it used to work well."
Need details..
How long have you had it?
Any changes you can think of between good & bad?

Rod

I've had it for about 2 years. worked perfectly fine for a year. then one day the shutter button and camera settings disappeared while in flight. I've been trying to figure out why ever since. my best hunch is that it's firmware related because I've been unable to update, when I try the update failed message pops up. the light on the gimbal goes from blinking green and red to solid red and the beeping turns into a constant tone when it fails.

This is a half ***** Idea.... But I'm just curious...Do the wires going to the gimbal look to be in good shape? Maybe just stick your finger on top of gimbal and wiggle that connector and make sure all of the wires are pushed down into the connector. They can slide up out. Usually after a crash but It's something to look at if you haven't. Other than that I'm no help! :)

Does anybody know where I can find the .bin files to manually update the firmware for p3s

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31