camera issue

Reaction score
New P3P. Camera on replay is very jerky. Have vision 2 and2plus no probs with them. Any advice?? Thanks. Jerry

Thats your problem. MacBook Air wont play raw 4k well. My laptop can't pay the raw 4k video without being jumpy. Also wont play 1080p from WMP without being jumpy. Video is blocky with green flashes and tearing.

You film in 4k or 1080p 60 fps? If yes to either your computer is struggling to play the video as your computer is not powerful enough.

Try a better computer or recording in a lower resolution.

Several possibilities, 4K is very heavy, your tablet might struggle to display the data correctly, when it's live it's only 720p. I would export it to a serious computer and see what happens before blaming the camera. :)

Should it be smooth playing on iPhone 6. Also thanks for quick responses.
OK, you must be hitting the 'Play' button on the app while connected, this streams the recorded video from the camera sd card via light bridge and is S-L-O-W, as that is the only way you can play it back on the iPhone other than youtube. Remove the sd card and using a reader insert it in your computer, it may still be choppy as the mackbook air isn't that powerful.

Should it be smooth playing on iPhone 6. Also thanks for quick responses.
OK, you must be hitting the 'Play' button on the app while connected, this streams the recorded video from the camera sd card via light bridge and is S-L-O-W, as that is the only way you can play it back on the iPhone other than youtube. Remove the sd card and using a reader insert it in your computer, it may still be choppy as the mackbook air isn't that powerful.
just put it in daughters PC and it worked. Time for a new computer. 3 different Macs wouldn't play it and I'm a Mac guy. Thanks again for the advise. Jerry

Reactions: ctp
Jerry, my iMAC 27" i7 3.4GHz plays it just fine, the laptops and tablets have low power processors not built for power but for power saving. Most desktops will play 4K.

just put it in daughters PC and it worked. Time for a new computer. 3 different Macs wouldn't play it and I'm a Mac guy. Thanks again for the advise. Jerry

My 4 year old MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz i7 plays raw 4k video, even with the graphics card disabled. If you have a Mac that's newer than that, you may just need to upgrade to a solid state drive and upgrade the amount of RAM. When I upgraded my hard drive to an SSD, I went from 50 MB/sec up to 500 MB/sec. Mine still stutters every now and then, but I'm assuming that's probably due to running on 4 GB of RAM. I plan to upgrade to 16 GB one day...

Last edited:
My 4 year old MacBook Pro plays raw 4k video, even with the graphics card disabled. If you have a Mac that's newer than that, you may just need to upgrade to a solid state hard drive and upgrade the amount of RAM. When I upgraded my hard drive to an SSD, I went from 50 MB/sec up to 500 MB/sec.
Yep, a SSD makes a lot of difference for sure, gave new life to my wife's 6 year old iMac, OWC has some great stuff for MAC's to speed them up.

hi
i have the same issue, on i7 5930K 4.3ghz, 32gb, M2 256gb......! no mater full HD or 4K same
thx

What is your video card? Even the onboard GPU built into the i7 should play 4K just fine unless you have a tons of other applications up and running.

Hit CTRL-LEFTSHIFT-ESC to bring up task manager and check your available memory and processor utilization. The usual culprit for slow video playback for me is chrome running (which has horrendous memory leaks with some websites (Google+, youtube, gmail - seriously?)) shutting down or restarting chrome cleans it right up.

I bought a new laptop some weeks ago and it plays 4k well. Important thing is the graphic card and CPU. This thing is a win8 laptop with Intel i7 HQ4720 ? and geforce gtx 960m, only 8 GB RAM. I bought it for editing since i am a windows guy in case of real full grown OS computers/laptops. In case of tablets or smartphones i like apple.

For example my older desktop PC was not able to play 4k. Its all about the graphic card

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31