Camera going crazy half way into flight! P4

Reaction score
Greetings all! I was about 10 minutes into flight, about 1/2 mile away (out in country) and all of a sudden my camera is flopping around. I thought it was a propellor problem at first. Immediately hit return to home, and thank God I could see it coming back!
Upon landing I checked my camera, and in the app, there is a section on recalibrating the gimbal. I did that, returned to the skies for another 10 minutes with no problems. A glitch? Should I be doing something on a regular basis for avoiding this in the future?
There is also a place to check between Follow, and FPV. It seems to default to Follow?
any advice appreciated!
Kevin

I've had that happen when there is high wind aloft. Seems like the drone suddenly turns sideways, but apparently it's just the gimbal momentarily reacting to a gust of wind. Haven't had that problem since that one time.

Reactions: Recoveryone
From the sounds of it you experienced temporary gimbal failure. The gimbal is prone to failure as lateral pressure increases. A stiff cross-wind can do it. Flying sideways into a headwind is a particularly good trigger. It always seems it right itself once the pressure drops off.

This is the second time it’s done this, and I suppose it could have been from the wind. it never righted itself. I thought the drone was crashing. Was quite relieved to see it returning after hitting return to home. I tried a reset by turning off power for 10 seconds, but it only returned to normal after recalibrating the gimbal. test flights to follow…
thanks for the responses

Yip had that before and lots have ,screenshot of previous thread ,,search cam tilt with search logo and some threads come up,,,ones below happen with no wind,,hopefully you dont get yo experience the limp gimble in flight,,that gives impression of free falling,,I've had both and scary moments at first....cant do nothing to avoid it ,calibration can help but they just fo it from time to time
Screenshot_20210831-085023_Chrome.jpg
?‍♂️

As you can see, it happens. Get used to using the telemetry on screen and flying the map instead of the camera. Gives a lot of comfort when picture screws up or is missing. Also gives a better idea of drone location than camera view including a track. Enjoy

I have had the same issue with high winds aloft. I tested at lower levels and the issue seemed to resolve itself. I just assumed the wind was giving the fumble a little trouble.

I've had that issue with strong winds approaching from the side of the drone. It had the camera really flopping around until I turned into the wind. Then everything settled down.

This is a normal gimbal overload protection situation (a good thing). If by the wind and the way we fly (G force) causes the gimbal motors to overload because of higher amps needed to hold position for longer periods, it just shuts down and freaks us out. Land, restart and get back out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers