Cables

His don't look as good as mine though .
He's looks like ...well lets just say View attachment 62897
View attachment 62898 Just messing Julian . His does look and work good . The less connections you have the less signal you are going to lose .
this guy knows.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
There happens to be a DBS distributor listed here, Da Swarm HQ a few miles from my home here in Fla.
I'm gonna give them a call here in the next couple of days, maybe I can swing by there and finally grab this antennae kit.

Will be testing this setup this afternoon.

Attachments

• 20160823_205910.jpg
    20160823_205910.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 280
  • 20160823_205923.jpg
    20160823_205923.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 273
Dense suburb. Probably add another 200-400m solid fpv with the new cables. Not sure yet. The bird Definitely can go further thanks to amps but no telemetry and fpv scares me.
Setup: dbs antenna, 5.8Ghz amp, 27dbm mod, blue cables.
image.png

guys im looking for these rg178 cables for inside my rc but having trouble finding them. does anyone know what the little push on connector is called so i can search.thanks

got it. their U.FL connectors

guys ive just recieved my cables for DBS mod but i think i got the wrong ones?
i got SMA male to male RG402 blue cables and SMA female to U.FL RG178. these are all i could find at the time but i think i missed the "reversed polorised" bit?
none of the descriptions say "RP" in them.

so,safe or not? thanks S.

ive just done some searching about SMA reverse polarity and whats the differance and it just seems that its a change in gender of the connections and not an actuall electromagnetic polarity reverse
which the name would kind of make you think. so it seems that my cables are good to go as i bought to suit the pigtails i could get at the time.

Just got mine from china too. They are so much more stiffer than I ever thought they'd be. Had to bend mine a good bit to make them work, hoping there's not a limit to how much you can bend these. Assuming you don't rebend them.
IMAG0241.jpg
IMAG0240.jpg

agreed their stiffer than expected but i dont remove my DBS from RC either so should be okay. i got straight one end and 90degree the other so hope they fit well

I have been scouring the web for hours for this 30cm. cable with a right angle sma male end on it, so it will screw right into the DBS mod I just received.
I may have to settle on putting right angle adapters on
this cable posted.
thanks for that woodsman much appreciated your time

P3S - DBS mod - Inspire tablet mount -
nVidea Shield K1

He's a quick pic of the 3 long cables/no drill method.

View attachment 62934
Nice! This is exactly what I'm looking for. I really don't want to have to drill my controller. Would you mind me asking what are the exact wires you use? I mean what are their model number (if that's the right term)? RG178? Length? etc

I don't want to buy longer cables for my as yet uninstalled DBS and it turns out they aren't the right ones.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I wrote the guy and told him the ends I wanted and the length of his thickest cable. I used "WiFi Expert" , coaxrf.com .
I used his e-bay store to contact him. He made an auction up for them and I bought them. It was easy ;)

Reactions: juliandid
I wrote the guy and told him the ends I wanted and the length of his thickest cable. I used "WiFi Expert" , coaxrf.com .
I used his e-bay store to contact him. He made an auction up for them and I bought them. It was easy ;)
Thanks for the info.
I'll give this guy a shot.

P3S - DBS mod - Inspire tablet mount -
nVidea Shield K1

Haha, I just ordered the cables as described at the coaxrf.com website. They are cheaper than his ebay listing, and free shipping.
Thanks for the link
I ordered 3 - 11" cables..

Reactions: CaptainMoonlight
These cables are 2 to 3 times the gauge of the ones that come with DBS mod. Looks to be made very well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31